PDA

View Full Version : HeadToHead: Steelers LT Max Starks vs. Cardinals OLB Joey Porter

stillers4me
10-23-2011, 11:39 AM
At age 34, Joey Porter can't play every down like he has been accustomed. So it is up to Arizona Cardinals Coach Ken Whisenhunt to monitor his snaps -- both in practice and in games -- to make sure his starting right outside linebacker doesn't wear down.

"Joey's done a good job in whatever we've asked him to do," Whisenhunt said. "But if you leave him out there for too many plays, you have to be smart enough to understand he's going to wear down. But he still has times when he's an effective player."

Problem is, Porter and Clark Haggans, who starts at left outside linebacker, are the only two players on the Arizona roster who understand all the intricacies of the 3-4 defense that has been installed by new defensive coordinator Ray Horton, the former Steelers secondary coach....................

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11296/1184017-66.stm

Steeldude
10-23-2011, 08:00 PM
lol @ horton

how long will he last before he is booted?

SteelerFanInStl
10-23-2011, 08:06 PM
Did Joey even play today? I didn't notice him.

Carolina Steelers
10-23-2011, 08:51 PM

I saw him run around alittle today but didnt hear his name called once for a tackle or i dont even recall him being in any of the pictures of any plays

tube517
10-23-2011, 10:00 PM

:old:

Edman
10-23-2011, 10:52 PM
I heard Clark Haggans' name called for getting juked out of his cleats on Ben's TD to Sanders.

Porter's still playing?

suitanim
10-24-2011, 05:24 AM
Never heard his name once.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-24-2011, 10:04 AM
Porter is done, but the Cards have the start of a good defense. Campbell and Dockett up front, Peterson and Wilson in the secondary and Washington at LB. They just need to fill in with some good young LB's and things will turn for them in a year or 2.

suitanim
10-24-2011, 10:06 AM
Adrian Wilson is like 100 years old, though...

The Duke
10-24-2011, 10:51 AM
Porter is done, but the Cards have the start of a good defense. Campbell and Dockett up front, Peterson and Wilson in the secondary and Washington at LB. They just need to fill in with some good young LB's and things will turn for them in a year or 2.

that guy Acho from Texas was also getting good pressure on Ben the snaps he got. Much better LB than Porter at this point