PDA

View Full Version : I hate CBS

Borski
10-22-2011, 05:22 AM
I'm in Allentown, PA and the Eagles don't play this week so I thought for sure we'd get to see the Steelers game without having to go to the sports bar. Nope, they decide to show the San Diego @ NY Jets game. Who cares about them? we are still in PA and there's tons of Steelers fans around here. show the freaking Steelers game.

Texasteel
10-22-2011, 05:46 AM
That is because Ryan will be coaching both teams to see with one is really the best team in football.

ALLD
10-22-2011, 08:16 AM
At least they still show reruns of Two and a Half Men. "Winning".

Bluecoat96
10-22-2011, 08:25 AM
The game's on at 4. I wonder if my wife will let me go to the local Steelers bar and spend the entire afternoon there.

I wish. :chuckle:

suitanim
10-22-2011, 09:35 AM
This is a common problem here in Ohio. The Steelers are the secondary market team (Browns are primary), and it has seemed like every week the Browns play at a different time or network, whichever network WOULD carry the Steelers game doesn't have the doubleheader. Tomorrow is the first time this year it has worked out in my favor.

fansince'76
10-22-2011, 11:39 AM
At least they still show reruns of Two and a Half Men. "Winning".

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/3/14/818ceb6c-d992-4db1-a5c2-d4e5bb5ee011.jpg

:chuckle:

Hindes204
10-22-2011, 12:08 PM
I finally broke down and got the NFL package on Direct Tv...I have to say, being able to watch every team play without going to a sports bar is worth what the package costs. I used to go to the bar and watch the Steeler games and every week I would spend $50 easy. Now, I get some beer at the store and watch it in the comfort of my own home. Im actually saving money by getting the package.

GutterflowerSteel
10-22-2011, 06:43 PM
I finally broke down and got the NFL package on Direct Tv...I have to say, being able to watch every team play without going to a sports bar is worth what the package costs. I used to go to the bar and watch the Steeler games and every week I would spend $50 easy. Now, I get some beer at the store and watch it in the comfort of my own home. Im actually saving money by getting the package.

I've had it since 1999, and it's awesome :) ENJOY! It's SO worth it.

st33lersguy
10-22-2011, 07:43 PM
I lived in that area. Their regional coverage is Philly first, then the Jets/Giants

steelerdude15
10-22-2011, 07:54 PM
I've emailed them about this before. Last year, they showed every Steelers game ,but one. That was because of the PA governors race. Jagoffs.

Dodt
10-22-2011, 08:59 PM
be grateful you don't live in ratbirds tv territory.

Moose
10-22-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm stuck in bungholedom ! Whenever those pathetic clowns are on the road I'm stuck with their game, needless to say that's when I do some work around the house or jump on the motorcycle for a ride. I've never heard such terrible sports announcer's as cincy has, it's hard to stomach them and their stupid football philosophy. UGH They actually think they know football. LOL.

Craic
10-23-2011, 12:26 AM
You want to hear about bad sports coverage? Try living in the Bay area in California. SF and Oakland.

Now here's the issue. If they are playing at different times, then there is no game on the other network so that the team isn't competing against another sports cast. If however, there is no sellout, then the game isn't broadcasted. There are times when, before I had direcTV, there'd only be one game to watch on Sunday. Just horrible.

suitanim
10-23-2011, 06:25 AM
It's interesting, because the choice HAD been taken out of my hands, and now I have the option open again. I live in a sort of snobby condo association that doesn't want dishes hanging off the roofs and sides of the buildings, so to circumvent any flack they subsidize our cable (which I guess allows them to dictate our service provider). But, with the PS3 now accessing Sunday Ticket, it's an option again. I'm doing a cost analysis of the Ticket versus my bar receipts for Steelers games and will pick the winner for next season based on that. Right now it's leaning towards watching the games at the Sports bar.

Hindes204
10-23-2011, 07:06 AM
It's interesting, because the choice HAD been taken out of my hands, and now I have the option open again. I live in a sort of snobby condo association that doesn't want dishes hanging off the roofs and sides of the buildings, so to circumvent any flack they subsidize our cable (which I guess allows them to dictate our service provider). But, with the PS3 now accessing Sunday Ticket, it's an option again. I'm doing a cost analysis of the Ticket versus my bar receipts for Steelers games and will pick the winner for next season based on that. Right now it's leaning towards watching the games at the Sports bar.

That's funny you are doing the cost analysis...I did the same thing. My problem is, when I go to a sports bar, I usually end up staying and watching the late games too, which raised the bar tab. Also, on the occasion my wife accompanied me, the bar tab went up. I figured out that over the 16 weeks of the regular season we spent over $1000 at the sports bar (I have a bad habit of buying friends drinks too). So the $350 or so for Sunday Ticket was well worth the investment...for me anyway.

T&B fan
10-23-2011, 08:43 AM
not that this will change anything but it is a map of all games week by week.
http://www.the506.com/temp11.html

venom
10-23-2011, 09:14 AM
That's funny you are doing the cost analysis...I did the same thing. My problem is, when I go to a sports bar, I usually end up staying and watching the late games too, which raised the bar tab. Also, on the occasion my wife accompanied me, the bar tab went up. I figured out that over the 16 weeks of the regular season we spent over $1000 at the sports bar (I have a bad habit of buying friends drinks too). So the $350 or so for Sunday Ticket was well worth the investment...for me anyway.

Ive been telling this board that every Sept I call Directv to cancel my Sunday Ticket ( only BS ) and they give me a price I cant refuse. I have not paid their price in years. This year Im paying $180.00 for the ticket , which includes the Superfan . Tee hee

GutterflowerSteel
10-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Ive been telling this board that every Sept I call Directv to cancel my Sunday Ticket ( only BS ) and they give me a price I cant refuse. I have not paid their price in years. This year Im paying $180.00 for the ticket , which includes the Superfan . Tee hee

After reading one of your posts about it, I did the same thing & got the same deal plus free HD access for 2 years (worth $240) :yay3: Thanks :)

43Hitman
10-23-2011, 10:19 AM
Its going to be on TV here in the Richmond area. I'm so lucky to be able to catch so many Steeler games outside of the Burgh.

SteelerEmpire
10-23-2011, 10:23 AM
Here in Oklahoma they "always" show a Cowgirls game every Sunday... ALWAYS. And were in a totally different state.