PDA

View Full Version : Wolfley: Comparing Tomlin to Noll

stillers4me
10-21-2011, 04:14 PM
“We are going to remain focused on the minute details of our assignments, we are going to try to play within the scheme, we are going to play real hard.” (Mike Tomlin)

The Steelers are sitting at 4-2, with a defense that has created just two takeaways. One fumble recovery, one interception. Not exactly where you want to be in the plus/minus ratio, defensively speaking. After posting 35 takeaways last year the Steelers are on pace to rack up just 5. That’s a drought of famine-like proportions............

Read more @ http://craigwolfley.com/2011/10/mike-tomlin/

Craic
10-21-2011, 04:19 PM
The title raised my hackles... for a number of reasons.

But by the time I finished the article, I have to admit, I really liked it. I think he is dead right on. I also think that "no changes" doesn't mean no wrinkles, no shifting of assignments, no adapting. Rather, it means we stay within the same over basics schema. I have no problem with that right now. It's the schema that put this team in the SB 3 times in the last 6 years.

fansince'76
10-21-2011, 04:21 PM
I also think that "no changes" doesn't mean no wrinkles, no shifting of assignments, no adapting.

If that were the case, the article would be about Arians. :wink02: :chuckle:

tube517
10-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Tomlin gives better sound bites.

Rocky Bleier's narration of Noll's "stories" and pep talks in the "America's Game" series crack me up about Noll, though.