PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben vs. Whiz: Ice Bowl II

stillers4me
10-21-2011, 05:48 AM
There's a perception that the relationship between Ben Roethlisberger and Ken Whisenhunt is a bit on the cool side.Apparently, Roethlisberger was never enamored with the way he was handled early in his career when Whisenhunt, now head coach of the Arizona Cardinals, was the Steelers' offensive coordinator.

It was Roethlisberger himself who hinted that there may be some tension between the two when asked about Whisenhunt before Wednesday's practice.

Although Roethlisberger wasn't asked specifically if he has any problems with Whisenhunt, part of his answer was "there are no grudges."

There is a small faction which believes if Roethlisberger would have given Whisenhunt a strong endorsement after Bill Cowher resigned that Whisenhunt may have been named coach before Mike Tomlin got the job.............

Read more @ http://www.timesonline.com/sports/big-ben-vs-whiz-ice-bowl-ii/article_2020cba4-58a1-5ee1-b1e8-4031a0c1a8a7.html

siss
10-21-2011, 09:20 AM
I cant wait for Ben's tell all book after he retires. I am flipping to the part about Whiz right away!

zulater
10-21-2011, 10:39 AM
I cant wait for Ben's tell all book after he retires. I am flipping to the part about Whiz right away!

I'm hoping by the time he retires he'll fully realize that Whiz was doing the job he was being paid to do about as well as it could be done and let sleeping dogs lie in regard to any former or lingering resentment.

Devilsdancefloor
10-21-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm hoping by the time he retires he'll fully realize that Whiz was doing the job he was being paid to do about as well as it could be done and let sleeping dogs lie in regard to any former or lingering resentment.

^this

tube517
10-21-2011, 12:26 PM

Yep.

My opinion is the season of 2006 when Ben had the accident and surgery is probably where the tension rose highest. I bet the coaches wanted him to sit out a little longer before coming back. Ben should just move on. He buried the hatchet w/Bradshaw, he should do the same w/Whis.

Count Steeler
10-21-2011, 02:15 PM
He will probably make his peace this week, if he hasn't already. Ben has matured since 2006.

Edman
10-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Ben already got his payback on Whis in Super Bowl XLIII. He doesn't need to hold a grudge.

fansince'76
10-21-2011, 04:06 PM
This nonstory again? :zzz: