PDA

View Full Version : I'm Going To My 1st Ever Pirates Game In Pittsburgh.

BuddhaBus
06-30-2010, 05:13 PM
I am going to see the Pirates play the San Diego Padres on July 24th in Pittsburgh. It will be my 1st time at PNC Park and 1st time seeing the Pirates play in person. I also will get to see the Steve Miller Band live right after the game for the 1st time (Whew! A lot of firsts!). Any suggestions on what to see/eat/do/look for at the park? I've heard the stadium is really nice so I'm excited (plus I'm an Orioles fan, so it won't take much to get me excited! :bored:). I appreciate any input.

Chidi29
06-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Primanti Brothers is a must.

BuddhaBus
06-30-2010, 05:50 PM
Primanti Brothers is a must.

Is there one in the stadium? I've been wanting to try their food. I've heard good things.

BPS3akaWirels3
06-30-2010, 07:18 PM
Is there one in the stadium? I've been wanting to try their food. I've heard good things.

Why yes they are all around the stadium.. I would also suggest the all-you-can-eat for $35.. All the restaurant's around the Park are good.. Not sure where you are sitting but go to the section 202 to the patio deck and check out the view inside the Park and of the city.. WOW!!

X-Terminator
06-30-2010, 07:31 PM
I am going to see the Pirates play the San Diego Padres on July 24th in Pittsburgh. It will be my 1st time at PNC Park and 1st time seeing the Pirates play in person. I also will get to see the Steve Miller Band live right after the game for the 1st time (Whew! A lot of firsts!). Any suggestions on what to see/eat/do/look for at the park? I've heard the stadium is really nice so I'm excited (plus I'm an Orioles fan, so it won't take much to get me excited! :bored:). I appreciate any input.

Do yourself a favor and show up when the band hits the field. There won't be any entertainment before then.

Butch
06-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Do yourself a favor and show up when the band hits the field. There won't be any entertainment before then.

:rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

BPS3akaWirels3
06-30-2010, 07:56 PM

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....................:banned:

When the Buc's are in the WS in a few years you will be wishing you hadn't thought bad thoughts..

Nadroj 20
06-30-2010, 08:04 PM
PNC Park is fantastic, very very nice field.

Butch
07-01-2010, 06:23 AM
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR....................:banned:

When the Buc's are in the WS in a few years you will be wishing you hadn't thought bad thoughts..

In all seriousness I hope you have a GREAT time and that the Pirates win and if and when either the Pirates or Cubbies get to the WS I will watch, but I aint holdin' my Breath. Gave up on BASEBALL during the '95 strike and they have never given me a reason to come back.

X-Terminator
07-02-2010, 09:32 AM

Hey, I'm just trying to make sure he has fun and doesn't want ask for a refund about midway through the 3rd inning. As for that WS, they may get there in a few years...in MLB 2013...

BPS3akaWirels3
07-02-2010, 09:50 AM
Hey, I'm just trying to make sure he has fun and doesn't want ask for a refund about midway through the 3rd inning. As for that WS, they may get there in a few years...in MLB 2013...

I DO NOT COMPUTE...

BuddhaBus
07-02-2010, 10:04 AM

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

You must have missed the part where I said I was an O's fan! ANYTHING is better than THAT! :grin:

How about beer? What kinds of craft or microbrews do they have? I'm not a domestics kind of guy.

X-Terminator
07-02-2010, 10:12 AM
:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

You must have missed the part where I said I was an O's fan! ANYTHING is better than THAT! :grin:

How about beer? What kinds of craft or microbrews do they have? I'm not a domestics kind of guy.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you - the Hall of Fame Club in left field may have some good microbrews. I don't drink beer at games - haven't had one at any sporting event in over 3 years.

BPS3akaWirels3
07-02-2010, 10:15 AM
Honestly, I couldn't tell you - the Hall of Fame Club in left field may have some good microbrews. I don't drink beer at games - haven't had one at any sporting event in over 3 years.

Drinking takes the value and excitement out of watching a sporting event.

Trib Total Media Hall of Fame Club Menu Items

Ten different appetizer options ranging from Pierogies to nachos to crab fries
Four salads: Pittsburgh chicken or steak, Caesar, Greek and Tossed House
Sandwich options ranging from a Mediterranean Veggie Toaster to a Smoked Turkey Wrap
Four burgers ranging from a veggie burger to a Build-Your-Own burger
An all-beef Hebrew National foot long hot dog
Specialty Baskets ranging from ribs to Ahi tuna to a kids' basket
Gourmet Desserts including Tiramisu cups and chocolate covered Cheesecake on a stick
Pepsi products, premium cocktails, wines by the glass, bottled and premium draught beers
If you really want to know what imports send an email to her: ann.elder@pirates.com

BuddhaBus
07-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Drinking takes the value and excitement out of watching a sporting event.

Trib Total Media Hall of Fame Club Menu Items

Ten different appetizer options ranging from Pierogies to nachos to crab fries
Four salads: Pittsburgh chicken or steak, Caesar, Greek and Tossed House
Sandwich options ranging from a Mediterranean Veggie Toaster to a Smoked Turkey Wrap
Four burgers ranging from a veggie burger to a Build-Your-Own burger
An all-beef Hebrew National foot long hot dog
Specialty Baskets ranging from ribs to Ahi tuna to a kids' basket
Gourmet Desserts including Tiramisu cups and chocolate covered Cheesecake on a stick
Pepsi products, premium cocktails, wines by the glass, bottled and premium draught beers
If you really want to know what imports send an email to her: ann.elder@pirates.com

Thanks for the info!

steelerdude15
07-02-2010, 02:44 PM
Enjoy it, its a great stadium and you do get a great view of the city. Plus, you get to see Steve Miller which is awesome.

BPS3akaWirels3
07-02-2010, 02:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNkEGutcOwU
Thanks for the info!

Remember that when you see me at Camden Yards... I'm the guy that goes to games with all Pittsburgh gear on. We went to one of the games last year when your guys played the Tigers and when they announced that Jim Harbaugh was there and showed him on the jumbo screen, my GF and I both stood up (Sitting in front of 3rd base) and faced the crowd and held up out Steelers jackets. Have you ever heard 20000 some thousand people boo before??? Plus it was right before the Stanley Cup Finals and I had a Crosby T'shirt on... So I had pissed off all Baltimore AND Detroit fans... It felt oh so good... lol

steelerdude15
07-02-2010, 06:02 PM
Remember that when you see me at Camden Yards... I'm the guy that goes to games with all Pittsburgh gear on. We went to one of the games last year when your guys played the Tigers and when they announced that Jim Harbaugh was there and showed him on the jumbo screen, my GF and I both stood up (Sitting in front of 3rd base) and faced the crowd and held up out Steelers jackets. Have you ever heard 20000 some thousand people boo before??? Plus it was right before the Stanley Cup Finals and I had a Crosby T'shirt on... So I had pissed off all Baltimore AND Detroit fans... It felt oh so good... lol
YES YES YES!!! :thumbsup:

cakmakli
07-02-2010, 08:04 PM
You will really love the park. It is very nice and the view of the city and the river are awesome. Pittsburgh is a beautiful city. Take a ride up one of the inclines to the top of Mount Washington LINK (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Washington_(Pittsburgh)). That is one of the things I always do for visiting family and friends.

Another must to do things I do when people come to visit is to take them on a tour of the city via river boat. Gateway Clipper provides a great tour and is close to the incline so you can do both. LINK (http://www.gatewayclipper.com/default.asp)

The WH
07-03-2010, 04:41 AM
Get a Peppi's sub from one of the street vendors outside the park. Skip Primanti's, it's overrated.

BuddhaBus
07-03-2010, 06:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNkEGutcOwU

Awesome! I love it when Raven fans get a better team rubbed in their faces! I get so sick of hearing EVERY DAMNED YEAR that the Ravens are a Super Bowl contender before training camp even starts. Way to represent BPS! :tt03::tt03::tt03:

BuddhaBus
07-03-2010, 06:11 AM
You will really love the park. It is very nice and the view of the city and the river are awesome. Pittsburgh is a beautiful city. Take a ride up one of the inclines to the top of Mount Washington LINK (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Washington_(Pittsburgh)). That is one of the things I always do for visiting family and friends.

Another must to do things I do when people come to visit is to take them on a tour of the city via river boat. Gateway Clipper provides a great tour and is close to the incline so you can do both. LINK (http://www.gatewayclipper.com/default.asp)

I have been to Pittsburgh a couple of times before and toured Hines Field which was super cool. I haven't had a chance to hit Mt. Washington or the Gateway Clipper yet though. Maybe we'll get a chance this time. Thanks for the suggestions!

BPS3akaWirels3
07-03-2010, 08:49 AM
I have been to Pittsburgh a couple of times before and toured Hines Field which was super cool. I haven't had a chance to hit Mt. Washington or the Gateway Clipper yet though. Maybe we'll get a chance this time. Thanks for the suggestions!

It's $12.50 a person for the Clipper and is for about an hour and well worth it.. I haven't done the incline in the Burgh as I do go to the Johnstown one a lot. Johnstown is the steepest one in the world...

cakmakli
07-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Here is a picture of the Clipper.

http://cakmakli.smugmug.com/photos/938948729_94FiU-M-1.jpg

Picture of the park from Fort Duquesne Boulevard. Good place to park. Public parking garage, costs $10 and it's just a nice short walk across Clemente Bridge to the Park.
http://cakmakli.smugmug.com/photos/938948627_PMLbc-M-1.jpg

Walking across Clemente Bridge toward Downtown after the game.
http://cakmakli.smugmug.com/photos/938950085_UbPe5-M-1.jpg

And don't forget to Tip the Sax Man.
http://cakmakli.smugmug.com/photos/938950367_YAcAU-M-1.jpg

steelpride12
07-19-2010, 08:48 AM
OH how I love just sitting their watching the beautiful view of the city from PNC Park! Illl be at the game the day before Friday the 23rd, but you will love it win or lose. Yes get a Primanti's sandwhich somewhere in the stadium or the Quaker Steak and Lube Wings are amazing as well.

cakmakli
07-19-2010, 09:12 AM
OH how I love just sitting their watching the beautiful view of the city from PNC Park! Illl be at the game the day before Friday the 23rd, but you will love it win or lose. Yes get a Primanti's sandwhich somewhere in the stadium or the Quaker Steak and Lube Wings are amazing as well.

For sure get a Primanti's. It really hits the spot. Here is my son stuffing his face:

http://cakmakli.smugmug.com/photos/938949125_WAdUF-M-1.jpg

steelpride12
07-19-2010, 11:13 AM
MMM. You have taught your son well! Makes me excited for Friday Ill be heading to the game woo! I always loved the original primanti's in the strip district the best!

cakmakli
07-19-2010, 11:39 AM
MMM. You have taught your son well! Makes me excited for Friday Ill be heading to the game woo! I always loved the original primanti's in the strip district the best!

I love the Strip. To me it's one of my favorite parts of the city. I love going down there and just walking around to see what's new.

I do wish that they would close off Penn Ave. there to vehicle traffic at certain times like maybe on Sat afternoons. You could have more street vendors set up and make it like a 5 block open air market.

steelpride12
07-19-2010, 11:46 AM
I love the Strip. To me it's one of my favorite parts of the city. I love going down there and just walking around to see what's new.

I do wish that they would close off Penn Ave. there to vehicle traffic at certain times like maybe on Sat afternoons. You could have more street vendors set up and make it like a 5 block open air market.
I agree, I guess they figure blocking off more of the road would cause more traffic, but ahh the vendors are the best part, shopping for stuff all day long and finishing it off true Primanti's!

cakmakli
07-19-2010, 11:54 AM
I agree, I guess they figure blocking off more of the road would cause more traffic, but ahh the vendors are the best part, shopping for stuff all day long and finishing it off true Primanti's!

Haha, we are talking Pittsburgh here. This is the city of traffic delays, detours, bridge closures, and streets that go nowhere.

X-Terminator
07-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Haha, we are talking Pittsburgh here. This is the city of traffic delays, detours, bridge closures, and streets that go nowhere.

LOL yeah, pretty much. We have 5 seasons here - fall, winter, spring, summer and construction. :chuckle:

I do like the idea of closing off Penn Ave. in the Strip on Saturdays, but that would require our local ofishuls to have a little forward thinking. It's not like there isn't another whole 4-lane road just a block away...oh wait, there is! :doh: :lol:

steelpride12
07-19-2010, 12:06 PM
Ugh tell me about the damn traffic. I don't think there has been one day when I try to drive into the city and construction covers all the main routes Id love to take.

X-Terminator
07-19-2010, 12:14 PM
Ugh tell me about the damn traffic. I don't think there has been one day when I try to drive into the city and construction covers all the main routes Id love to take.

Well, they're about to close the main route I take to go to work starting next Monday for 2-3 months, one of the alternate routes is having one street resurfaced and another being reconfigured, and the other one is Rt. 51, which I avoid at any cost. So I'm boned no matter what.

steelpride12
07-19-2010, 12:29 PM
Well, they're about to close the main route I take to go to work starting next Monday for 2-3 months, one of the alternate routes is having one street resurfaced and another being reconfigured, and the other one is Rt. 51, which I avoid at any cost. So I'm boned no matter what.
Looks like the long way for you sorry to hear...well hey the good news is in 100 years when the city is finally done with construction everything will be smooth sailing haha!

cakmakli
07-19-2010, 12:35 PM

Ugggggh 51. I'm with you on that one. It's one of the worse.

And knowing PENDOT like I do, I would be willing to bet the street they are resurfacing was just done within the last two years.

X-Terminator
07-19-2010, 12:41 PM

And knowing PENDOT like I do, I would be willing to bet the street they are resurfacing was just done within the last two years.

You think it's bad now...just wait until they start their long, long, LONG overdue reconfiguration of the intersection at 88 next year. It'll be a freaking nightmare.

Actually, the street being resurfaced really needed to have it done - it was in pretty bad shape and looks like it's been at least a decade since it was last resurfaced.

BuddhaBus
07-19-2010, 01:47 PM
Here is a picture of the Clipper.

http://cakmakli.smugmug.com/photos/938948729_94FiU-M-1.jpg

Picture of the park from Fort Duquesne Boulevard. Good place to park. Public parking garage, costs $10 and it's just a nice short walk across Clemente Bridge to the Park.
http://cakmakli.smugmug.com/photos/938948627_PMLbc-M-1.jpg

Walking across Clemente Bridge toward Downtown after the game.
http://cakmakli.smugmug.com/photos/938950085_UbPe5-M-1.jpg

And don't forget to Tip the Sax Man.
http://cakmakli.smugmug.com/photos/938950367_YAcAU-M-1.jpg

Nice pics, cakmakli. I can't wait! Only 5 days 'til game time!

Thanks for the heads-up, steelpride. I'm a fat man and I love my greasy food! I'll be on the look-out.

steelpride12
07-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Your welcome BuddhaBus, Im always a heavy guy and just love those two places to death and I know you will!

BPS3akaWirels3
07-19-2010, 06:40 PM
For sure get a Primanti's. It really hits the spot. Here is my son stuffing his face:

http://cakmakli.smugmug.com/photos/938949125_WAdUF-M-1.jpg

Must be adopted..

BPS3akaWirels3
07-19-2010, 06:43 PM

Listen here you dam whiners.. I would take that construction every day of the year just to live in Pburgh... Ugh.. You don't know how great you have it.. You can trade me.. Come live in Lancaster and I'll live in the Pburgh...

X-Terminator
07-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Listen here you dam whiners.. I would take that construction every day of the year just to live in Pburgh... Ugh.. You don't know how great you have it.. You can trade me.. Come live in Lancaster and I'll live in the Pburgh...

Yeah well, since I actually DO live here, I have the right to complain all I want about the construction, especially since they have this novel concept of doing them ALL AT ONCE! Not only that, the Rt. 51/88 project is about 50 YEARS overdue...something else they are notorious for. Hell, it took them 25 years before they finally broke ground on the Parkway North back in the mid 80s. Trust me, if you lived here for even a month, you'd change your tune pretty quick.

cakmakli
07-19-2010, 07:19 PM

LINK (http://www.homes.com/Real_Estate/PA/City/PITTSBURGH/)

BPS3akaWirels3
07-19-2010, 07:49 PM
HELL NO.. I have live in Chicago, DC and Baltimore construction.. I'll take Pburgh any day..

BPS3akaWirels3
07-19-2010, 07:51 PM
LINK (http://www.homes.com/Real_Estate/PA/City/PITTSBURGH/)

lol... Thanks.. It's not that.. It's her and her family.. She doesn't want to live that far away. I told her if we moved out there then we are close to my family which is better..

BuddhaBus
07-22-2010, 07:33 AM
My wife and I are leaving for Pittsburgh (well, Natrona Heights actually) this morning. Can't wait to get up there and have a good time with my old man and his wife and my sister and her boyfriend. Going to the Church Brew Works tomorrow to drink and eat, going to the Pirates game Saturday night and seeing Steve Miller Band right after the game. Hopefully I'll also get to score my first Primanti Brothers sandwich as well (possibly tonight!). It doesn't get any better than that, my friends! Thanks to all for the suggestions and pics. I appreciate the input. Hold down the fort while I'm gone and EVERYBODY STAY AWAY FROM MY HIGH SCORES!

BPS3akaWirels3
07-22-2010, 07:37 AM
My wife and I are leaving for Pittsburgh (well, Natrona Heights actually) this morning. Can't wait to get up there and have a good time with my old man and his wife and my sister and her boyfriend. Going to the Church Brew Works tomorrow to drink and eat, going to the Pirates game Saturday night and seeing Steve Miller Band right after the game. Hopefully I'll also get to score my first Primanti Brothers sandwich as well (possibly tonight!). It doesn't get any better than that, my friends! Thanks to all for the suggestions and pics. I appreciate the input. Hold down the fort while I'm gone and EVERYBODY STAY AWAY FROM MY HIGH SCORES!

Take pics and post old man..

steelpride12
07-23-2010, 12:36 AM
Safe travels to Pittsburgh and have a great time Ill be at the game Sat. myself!

steelerdude15
07-23-2010, 12:46 AM
HELL NO.. I have live in Chicago, DC and Baltimore construction.. I'll take Pburgh any day..
O god Baltimore roads. :lol: Remember the Baltimore-Washington parkway, that is hell.

BPS3akaWirels3
07-23-2010, 07:29 AM
O god Baltimore roads. :lol: Remember the Baltimore-Washington parkway, that is hell.

695 and 495 just suck!!!

steelerdude15
07-23-2010, 11:23 AM
695 and 495 just suck!!!
Yeah it does, Hell..... it's pure Hell.... :uhoh: