PDA

View Full Version : So much for Ben's 'MVP' Season.

Edman
10-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Remember all that talk of MVP and "Lighting up" the scoreboard a few months ago?

9 TD's, 6 INT's, 1576 Yards. Steelers Offense 22nd in the league in scoring with 19.8 points per game.

Really setting the NFL on fire, folks. The Steelers Offense with their "superstar talent" on offense has only scored more than 20 points twice, putting up awful performances against Houston, Baltimore, Indy, and in the second half against the Jags.

So once again, Ben and Arians once again wrote a check they aren't able to cash, and it nearly cost the Steelers Sunday.

fansince'76
10-17-2011, 08:38 PM
Outside of the Titans game, and a quarter here and there in a few other games, Ben's definitely been off this season. If I see him miss one more wide open deep ball, I'm liable to scream.

Steeltreal
10-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Outside of the Titans game, and a quarter here and there in a few other games, Ben's definitely been off this season. If I see him miss one more wide open deep ball, I'm liable to scream. Havent seen one receiver lay out for a pass once , Its not the playoffs and not wanting to get injured is cool but diving catches are plays that can be made so its not all on just Ben

zulater
10-17-2011, 08:46 PM
Remember all that talk of MVP and "Lighting up" the scoreboard a few months ago?

9 TD's, 6 INT's, 1576 Yards. Steelers Offense 22nd in the league in scoring with 19.8 points per game.

Really setting the NFL on fire, folks. The Steelers Offense with their "superstar talent" on offense has only scored more than 20 points twice, putting up awful performances against Houston, Baltimore, Indy, and in the second half against the Jags.

So once again, Ben and Arians once again wrote a check they aren't able to cash, and it nearly cost the Steelers Sunday.

Let's cut him, he sucks. :sarcasm:

Bluecoat96
10-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Personally, I could give a sh*t whether Ben the is NFL MVP or not. I'm willing to bet he thinks the same way.

tube517
10-17-2011, 08:48 PM
I just want Ben to get his 3rd ring. Bottom line. As far as stats and MVP awards, Ben has never set the fantasy football world on fire, except for a good statistical season in 2007, which ended in a 1st round playoff loss and 2009, which ended in no playoffs.

fansince'76
10-17-2011, 08:50 PM
Havent seen one receiver lay out for a pass once , Its not the playoffs and not wanting to get injured is cool but diving catches are plays that can be made so its not all on just Ben

Good point. Brown and Sanders (especially) haven't always been where they're supposed to be either as far as route running is concerned.

polamalubeast
10-17-2011, 08:54 PM
The offense is 22th in points scored because the defense has made ​​only two turnovers.2 turnovers, it's awful.
If it continues, it will be the worst in history for creating turnovers.

The Ravens scored 54 points because of turnovers.

zulater
10-17-2011, 08:55 PM
Geez we've only made the Super Bowl 3 times in the past 7 seasons! I think we need a new quarterback! :doh:

polamalubeast
10-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Geez we've only made the Super Bowl 3 times in the past 7 seasons! I think we need a new quarterback! :doh:

Fortunately, the team is not 2-6 as in 2006!

Ben sucks
Mendy sucks
Woodley is overpaid

fansince'76
10-17-2011, 08:59 PM

But we only won 2 of them. :chuckle:

Iron Steeler
10-17-2011, 08:59 PM
superbowl MVP is more valuable to him

zulater
10-17-2011, 09:05 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQLbEu0S-pvpYPfGFd1sM-SYOTRsfuEJS3iUDFzMhGpO0tNljrbthG68Y9a

X-Terminator
10-17-2011, 09:25 PM
Gotta agree with the masses. What, exactly, is the point of this thread?

shutdown
10-17-2011, 09:37 PM
http://www.sysfx.org/a/funny/confused.jpg

BigNastyDefense
10-17-2011, 10:55 PM
I don't really give a fuck if Ben Roethlisberger wins the MVP. What I care more about is the Steelers winning their seventh Super Bowl and Ben getting his third ring and first Super Bowl MVP.

The Duke
10-17-2011, 11:27 PM
Never believed it never wanted it

Ben can still straighten his season out, but MVP talks are useless unless we're talking about super bowl mvp

tube517
10-18-2011, 02:06 AM
Gotta agree with the masses. What, exactly, is the point of this thread?

Ben is not going to get the MVP so the season is over and he needs to be traded for a LT. Dixon could do better behind a good OL.

:chuckle:

NCSteeler
10-18-2011, 05:37 AM
I don't think Ben nor I care if he's MVP material, BUT 19 points a game is not going to get it done against NO, GB, NE This passing offense needs to get in rhythm so they can hang with the big boys.

HometownGal
10-18-2011, 06:35 AM
Personally, I could give a sh*t whether Ben the is NFL MVP or not. I'm willing to bet he thinks the same way.

AMEN. :thumbsup:

That being said, however, he and his receivers need to get on the same page a little better from here on out.

Pristas
10-18-2011, 06:58 AM
The only reason Ben isn't leading the league in stats is because of our O line. If the O line were not an issue, then I firmly believe that Wallace and Brown would have a lot more TDs, Ward would have a lot more catches and Heath Miller would be more than a blitz pick up guy.

steelerdiva
10-18-2011, 09:35 AM

*Facepalm*

Damn...don't you ever get tired of being the "Voice of Disdain?"

Dino 6 Rings
10-18-2011, 11:10 AM
Now that we have a left tackle, we should improve on offense over the next couple weeks. Arizona isn't a world beater on Defense so we should be able to move the ball with confidence and get points. Being able to get 7 instead of 3 when you have first and goal from the Effing 2 yard line would be a huge improvement over all.

steel striker
10-18-2011, 03:05 PM
The only award that matters is the Super Bowl Ring and, I'm sure anyone who an MVP award would trade that for a ring any day.

polamalubeast
10-24-2011, 06:22 AM
Ben Roethlisberger

first 4 games:3 TD 5 INT(5 fumbles)
Last 3 games:9 TD 1 INT(0 fumble)

The offense is very good in the last 3 games, except of course,the 2nd half against the Jaguars.

Psycho Ward 86
10-24-2011, 04:16 PM
Ben Roethlisberger

first 4 games:3 TD 5 INT(5 fumbles)
Last 3 games:9 TD 1 INT(0 fumble)

The offense is very good in the last 3 games, except of course,the 2nd half against the Jaguars.

eye popping improvement, i think we all want to see it consistently against better competition though. The titans are starting to look absolutely atrocious, and the jaguars and cardianls are...well....the jaguars and cardinals.

Devilsdancefloor
10-24-2011, 04:26 PM
i really think the addition of starks has help a lot.

Craic
10-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Isn't the phrase. . . a work in progress?

I could care less how many points we score, as long as it is one more point than the opponent. I could care less who it's against, as EVERY NFL team has the ability to beat ANY NFL team. Or do we forget the Browns beating the Pats* last year? Or the Jets getting thumped by the Pats* only to come back and beat them in the playoffs.

The Ravens thumped us. Then they lost to the Titans the next week. We put a hurting on the Titans three weeks later.

Any Given Sunday is more than a mantra. So I really don't care about lighting up the score board. I care about lighting up the win column. So far, we've done that to the tune of 5-2.

Count Steeler
10-24-2011, 04:42 PM
Glad we have 3 games under our belts with the current O Line. Hope we don't have to score 40 points to win, but what the heck, it is the Pats*. Let's go for 50. TD on every possession. We need some payback for last year's debacle at Heinz field.

Psycho Ward 86
10-24-2011, 05:00 PM

I could care less how many points we score, as long as it is one more point than the opponent. I could care less who it's against, as EVERY NFL team has the ability to beat ANY NFL team. Or do we forget the Browns beating the Pats* last year? Or the Jets getting thumped by the Pats* only to come back and beat them in the playoffs.

That wasnt luck though, the Ryan brothers are THE only ones in the league that know how to defeat the Patriots in the last couple of seasons

HometownGal
10-24-2011, 05:25 PM

The Ravens thumped us. Then they lost to the Titans the next week. We put a hurting on the Titans three weeks later.

Any Given Sunday is more than a mantra. So I really don't care about lighting up the score board. I care about lighting up the win column. So far, we've done that to the tune of 5-2.

Excellent post, Father, and I couldn't agree more. :applaudit: :thumbsup:

Craic
10-25-2011, 04:47 PM
That wasnt luck though, the Ryan brothers are THE only ones in the league that know how to defeat the Patriots in the last couple of seasons
Never said anything about luck.
Matter of fact, what about the Ravens and Jags last night? Any Given Sunday. All it takes is a couple slight scheme changes that work well and a player or two that seem to be on that night, and the entire game will change. That's what happens when you have parity in the league, and the talent dispersion is very good in this league. That is why you can have a coach go to a team and within a couple years, that team is in the top 10 and vying for a playoff spot. That is also why a team can fall out of that dominate position with a change in coaching.

I'm not saying that the players don't matter. Rather, that when a coach properly lines up players and scheme, then goes against another team that has done so, it just takes slight changes in scheming and a couple players to have a good day for any team to win. That is why every game has to be played.

COme to think about it, that could also be why the Steelers often have problems with other teams coming back on them. We've been using the same basic schemes for so long that after a couple three quarters of playing us, the wrinkles are figured out and team start moving the ball. I don't know, just a thought.

Psycho Ward 86
10-25-2011, 05:00 PM
anyways back on topic. I still dont think Ben's in any sort of contention for league MVP. Aaron Rodgers deserves it hands down

BPS3akaWirels3
10-25-2011, 05:05 PM
I'm seeing the same talk as last season again... Cut these guys some slack already... How many times has Ben taking the team to the SB?

zulater
10-31-2011, 11:20 AM

If you took Aaron Rodgers out of the equation I would say you could indeed make an argument for Ben over anyone else for midpoint MVP. :coffee:

SteelerFanInStl
10-31-2011, 11:26 AM
I'd really like to see us stick to this west coast style offense. It's worked great when we've used it and it keeps Ben from getting hit so often.

polamalubeast
10-31-2011, 11:27 AM
11 TD and only 2 INT in the last 4 games

tube517
10-31-2011, 11:36 AM
I'd really like to see us stick to this west coast style offense. It's worked great when we've used it and it keeps Ben from getting hit so often.

I don't think we need to "stick" to it. I think it's something we can use to adjust though. I think Ben can handle any type of situation thrown at him. If he had a good OL, he would be even more dangerous. He's got the weapons now. He's learning to dump off to the RBs and make some quick throws instead of just holding it and trying to make a huge play every time.