PDA

View Full Version : Wexell's and Lolley's comments on Timmons

shutdown
10-17-2011, 12:42 AM
Wexell: Timmons, meanwhile, did not make the stat sheet. There are 11 defensive categories in which to make a statistic. Timmons went 0 for 11.

But Timmons was in perfect position to cover Mercedes Lewis on a third-and-10 incompletion. That’s what Timmons was born to do, cover tight ends and running backs. This nonsense at outside linebacker can’t end soon enough.

Lolley: Brett Keisel had the kind of day you're supposed to have lined up opposite a rookie. Lawrence Timmons? Not so much.

If I'm Mike Tomlin, I get Jason Worilds in there for some reps next week at Arizona. There's no way they can line Timmons up outside to rush Tom Brady in two weeks.

It's either get Worilds some work as a pass rusher or fit James Harrison with an Iron Man mask – which actually isn't a bad idea.

Good points going into a meaty part of our schedule.

SteelerFanInStl
10-17-2011, 10:03 AM
I agree with them. Timmons was invisible yesterday. Move him back inside and put Worilds in there.

7willBheaven
10-17-2011, 01:03 PM
While I remember when they drafted him he was going to play outside...but then Harrison stepped in and wowed people and Timmons was put inside ever since...and i still think thats where he's good at. Now I'm sure if he'd played more outside over the years then sure he may do better...but for these 2 games he just hasnt seemed right out there.

suitanim
10-17-2011, 03:06 PM
I thought he did a fine job last week.

Count Steeler
10-17-2011, 03:57 PM
Pretty bad when you go 0 for 11. However, we got the win, and if Ben hit on 2 of those bombs, we would all be paralyzed from euphoria.

Psycho Ward 86
10-17-2011, 04:22 PM
is Harrison going to make it for the Patriots game?

Craic
10-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Wexell: Timmons, meanwhile, did not make the stat sheet. There are 11 defensive categories in which to make a statistic. Timmons went 0 for 11.

But Timmons was in perfect position to cover Mercedes Lewis on a third-and-10 incompletion. That’s what Timmons was born to do, cover tight ends and running backs. This nonsense at outside linebacker can’t end soon enough.

I thought he did a fine job last week.

but for these 2 games he just hasnt seemed right out there.

Yes, yes, and yes.

I agree that Timmon's isn't getting in the game like he once did. But I do have to wonder if he is still getting most of the RB/TE assignments. Remember how the short passes would eat us for yardage every game? That's not happening this year, which means Lebeau is doing something different I think.

SO the question really is, what is Timmon's assignments vs. his stats. If he only has 5 chances to rush the passer because he's being kept back in pass support the rest of the game, even from the OLB position, then I'm not worried about it.

And I know, the OLB is supposed to be the pass rush position. But how often does Lebeau actually go with what a position is "Supposed" to do?

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-17-2011, 11:36 PM
Sad thing is that I think Carter looks like a better pass rusher than Worilds so far.

86WARD
10-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Yeah...Timmons has been brutal. 0 for 11...really? lol...

43Hitman
10-23-2011, 02:41 PM
He has however contributed to a 2-0 w/l record since Harrison's injury. That's the only stat that matters right now in my opinion. The next part of our schedule is brutal and these last few games have been much needed wins. Hopefully it will continue today in Zona.

suitanim
10-24-2011, 05:23 AM
He was on the stat sheet yesterday. Took him all of one play.