PDA

View Full Version : Moving on: Arizona Cardinals

Psycho Ward 86
10-16-2011, 07:20 PM
I'm just going to start off by re quoting myself here because this to me is the most intriguing match up:

Damn! Even though Andre Johnson only played the first half, 3 catches for 23 yards is an awful statline in a half for any starting wide receiver, especially an all-pro like him. I remember in 2008 when we opened up against the texans, we blew them up handily but Andre had a great game against Ike: 10 catches for 112 yards. Talk about a turnaround in that matchup. Granted, maybe not all of those catches were against ike, but its a reasonable assumption to make. That was kind of the year that we really started putting him on an island with the opposing #1 receivers and ike starting garnering some eye-popping respect out of us.

I am REALLY excited for next week against the cardinals to see how Ike does against larry fitzgerald. ike actually played well against him until into the middle of the 4th quarter where his 1 catch for 12 yards allowed turned into 7 catches for 127 yards and 2 TD's (one of them being a a direct result of ike's coverage even though he had COMPLETELY blanketed larry
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XljBUIxV-6o). no doubt ike wasnt happy about letting him have his way in the superbowl. kick his ass too ike!

Ike allowed a TD today against a nobody, Jason Hill. Will be interesting to see how he does against Larry Fitzgerald with how he's been destroying everybody else he's faced this year:

Andre Johnson, Houston 3-23 yards
Nate Washington, Tennessee 2-11 yards
Mike Williams, Seattle 1-9 yards
Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis 1-11 yards
Damian Williams, Tennessee 1-8 yards
Pierre Garcon, Indianapolis 1-(-2) yards.."

http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2011/10/11/after-further-review-8/

I feel like we get back on track this game...sort of...27-17 Steelers. And it looks like we're on track for the playoffs. I can see a 10-6 or 11-5 on the horizon. Hell, the AFC is pretty competitive these days, i think a 9-7 would get us in but i hope we dont have to do that poorly.

Edman
10-16-2011, 07:25 PM
I expect another miserable road game. :et's be honest with ourselves. Tomlin hasn't done a good job getting the Steelers ready for road games. Travelling across the country to a place where the Steelers have historically sucked. I really don't know what to get from the Steelers' Jekyll and Hyde act this year. To go from looking so amazing against the Titans and the Jags (in the first half) to the second half debacle (against the Jags). I just don't know.

fansince'76
10-16-2011, 07:43 PM
I expect another miserable road game. :et's be honest with ourselves. Tomlin hasn't done a good job getting the Steelers ready for road games.

Yes and no. They were 3-5 on the road in 2007 and 2009, but they were 7-1 on the road last year and 6-2 on the road in 2008.

86WARD
10-16-2011, 07:55 PM
THey play the game like the did the first quarter today, they win. They play like they did the last 3 quarters...they will come home with a loss and most likely get destroyed by the Patriots in 2 weeks. Looking at 4-4...the Arizona game is pretty much a must win. This team could easily be 2-4 instead of 4-2...very easily.

Just gotta get their heads outta their arses.

SteelerEmpire
10-16-2011, 07:59 PM
I expect another miserable road game. :et's be honest with ourselves. Tomlin hasn't done a good job getting the Steelers ready for road games. Travelling across the country to a place where the Steelers have historically sucked. I really don't know what to get from the Steelers' Jekyll and Hyde act this year. To go from looking so amazing against the Titans and the Jags (in the first half) to the second half debacle (against the Jags). I just don't know.

Don't feel bad. Coach Tomlin said he doesn't know either.... But I know the offense isn't playing with passion. Thank goodness the Defense is doing much better than...

steelerdiva
10-16-2011, 08:31 PM
There's a fine line between being realistic and being downright cynical.

Some of y'all are reeeallly tiptoeing gingerly on that line.

Just sayin....

st33lersguy
10-16-2011, 09:14 PM
this is a must-win game for the Steelers. If they lose this game they will be 4-5 3 weeks from now

Dino 6 Rings
10-18-2011, 11:00 AM
Clearly the Steelers are the superior team on Roster vs Roster. We should be professional enough to travel to Arizona, with a business like mindset and get the job done of beating the Cardinals.

That is if we stay fcking focussed on just them, and not worry about Twitter or Facebook or nonsense that is NOT football related. Watch more film of Kolb, I like the #1 Passing Defense in this situation, as long as we can shut down their Running game with the Pass Defense we are currently using, and then on Offense, run the ball just a little bit more and go back to the quick passing game, we can run this one up early and bury them with points in the 2nd half. a Score of Pittsburgh 38 Arizona 13. That is what I will Accept.

suitanim
10-18-2011, 12:19 PM
Clearly the Steelers are the superior team on Roster vs Roster. We should be professional enough to travel to Arizona, with a business like mindset and get the job done of beating the Cardinals.

That is if we stay fcking focussed on just them, and not worry about Twitter or Facebook or nonsense that is NOT football related. Watch more film of Kolb, I like the #1 Passing Defense in this situation, as long as we can shut down their Running game with the Pass Defense we are currently using, and then on Offense, run the ball just a little bit more and go back to the quick passing game, we can run this one up early and bury them with points in the 2nd half. a Score of Pittsburgh 38 Arizona 13. That is what I will Accept.

Realistically, there is no way that the Cards could beat the Steelers.

But I think we all know better...

fansince'76
10-18-2011, 12:36 PM
this is a must-win game for the Steelers. If they lose this game they will be 4-5 3 weeks from now

Keep that faith. :thumbsup:

Iron Steeler
10-18-2011, 01:57 PM
Ill re quote to...
Tomlin has to do a better job of creating a SENSE OF URGENCY in this locker room!! Yes I do believe in one game at a time but lets be serious everyone is peaking over the edge. Tomlin needs to wake everyone up and start playing mistake free football, no more leaving points off the board (Ben), no more missing easy FGs (Suisham), no more glueing your challenge flag to your pocket (Tomlin). You know why? because the pats/ravens/bengals/cards are not going to let us get away with these stupid mistakes.

MISTAKE FREE FOOTBALL!!

I would rather have the coaching staff instill "The us against the world" mentality now! Rather then wait until it is too late and we into deep of the hole. This is the perfect time we still above float...

TomlinSteelTribe
10-18-2011, 02:23 PM
I don't know whether to see this as a potential "trap game" or not... I know we have a veteran squad, but with the Patsies and Ratbirds looming on the horizon, I hope they stay focused on this week and the Cards.

Beanie Wells has looked pretty good so far this year. I expect our run D to keep him under 60 yds rushing. Ike has the tall order of stopping Fitzgerald... I think our offense needs to put up at least 24 pts in this one to win on the road.

steeldevil
10-18-2011, 03:40 PM
Not sure how much of this game I'll be able to see. Going to NYC for the first time from Thursday until Sunday. Its for one of my girlfriend's friend's weddings, but I'm way more excited about seeing NYC. Might see some of the game waiting in the airport to come back home, if they have it on....

Gonna miss 2-3 of my Cardinals' World Series games too... Oh well it should be worth it!

polamalubeast
10-18-2011, 03:51 PM
key for the game

Create turnovers
Of consistency on the offensive.
Stop Beanie Wells
Pressure on Kolb

86WARD
10-18-2011, 05:52 PM
key for the game

Create turnovers
Stop Beanie Wells
Pressure on Kolb

None of which they've done a that we'll this year.

The Duke
10-18-2011, 05:56 PM
key for the game

Create turnovers
Stop Beanie Wells
Pressure on Kolb

pick 1 :chuckle: