PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Jags Post Game Press Conference

SteelerEmpire
10-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Tomlin: "all the big challenges lie ahead and we need to be ready for them"

LINK: http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Steelers-post-game-press-conference/d7803601-c6ca-47b7-af01-949be11a3f7b

ALLD
10-16-2011, 05:49 PM
"The jury is still out on us."

The Steelers are Jekyll and Hyde again this season. Best thing to do is hope they get on a winning streak around week 14.

Psycho Ward 86
10-16-2011, 06:22 PM
typical tomlinisms :chuckle:

Moose
10-16-2011, 06:31 PM
LOL, this team just keeps me wondering what's up !! They come out like gang buster's the 1st half ( I'm thinking a 40+ - 0 win), and then the 2nd half comes and we are LUCKY to escape with a win...coming down to a 'Hail Mary' pass with no time left on clock. Go figure, GO STEELER's.

Count Steeler
10-16-2011, 08:54 PM
I'll take a 3 point win in each of the next 4 games. My heart may not, but overall, I will.

tube517
10-16-2011, 09:46 PM
LOL, this team just keeps me wondering what's up !! They come out like gang buster's the 1st half ( I'm thinking a 40+ - 0 win), and then the 2nd half comes and we are LUCKY to escape with a win...coming down to a 'Hail Mary' pass with no time left on clock. Go figure, GO STEELER's.

Some things never change - even dating back to Cowher.

Dino 6 Rings
10-16-2011, 10:40 PM
Things went downhill from 1st and goal from the 2 ending in a field goal. Had we lost this one, that would have been the turning point if the game.

zulater
10-16-2011, 10:54 PM
Things went downhill from 1st and goal from the 2 ending in a field goal. Had we lost this one, that would have been the turning point if the game.

You're right, and for the life of me I can't figure out why they didn't spell Mendy after that 6o some yard run for at least one play? I mean the guy was winded, seriously winded! Maybe the result woul;d have been the same with Redman, but at least he had fresh legs and lungs and would have given you a chance. essentially they threw away their first down play imo.

BigNastyDefense
10-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Luckily for us, this is the NFL where in the end it's all about wins and losses. No stupid polls where if a team blows someone out by 40 they move up and a team that wins by a small margin drops...a win is a win.

I don't care if the Steelers win by 50 or wins by 1. It's not always going to be pretty. Hell, even with the Steel Curtain dynasty of the 1970's it wasn't always pretty.

The Steelers could go 4-0, 0-4, or anything in between in these next four games. I am expecting no worse than 2-2, but any given Sunday any team can win in the NFL.

We SHOULD beat the Cardinals. Kevin Kolb isn't looking like what Whiz & Co. were expecting, the defense is bad, the offensive line is bad. The only two bright spots on offense are Larry Fitzgerald (who is always going to be reliable if you get him the ball) & Beanie Wells (who is starting to look like the RB they expected to get when they drafted him).

New England is....well fuck, they seem to have our number as long as Tom Brady is on the field. Can we beat them? Like I said before, ANY GIVEN SUNDAY. But, with our history against them, I wouldn't count on it. Maybe this is the year we finally get pressure on Brady and beat the Pats*.

We CAN beat Baltimore! Yeah, they kicked our ass week one. But that was their Super Bowl....they focused on beating us through the entire offseason. It was their one goal after we sent them packing in the playoffs. Now they come to our house in prime time....and in the past that's been like kryptonite to them. I am really going to say this game is a toss up. The game against the Jets showed me two things: their defense is capable of being completely dominant, and their offense is capable of being dominated.

We finish this with a trip to Cincinnati who is surprisingly having a good season thus far. Outside of the Queen City, nobody expected this. Their biggest win has come against the surprising Bills....but they also lost to the lowly Broncos. It seems the only time the Bengals are good is when they fall into a soft schedule, which they have. The Bengals are a team that I cannot figure out. I expect a win in Cinci and we knock them back down a peg or two.

The x-factor in all these games will be the availability of Troy Polamalu who left today's game with concussion like symptoms. If he is indeed diagnosed with a concussion, he might have to sit out against the Cardinals. While we should be able to beat them without Polamalu, he's a game changer and look at what happened to the Steelers in 2009 when he went down.

This four game stretch is going to make or break the Steelers season. The absolute must win in this stretch is the game against the Bengals. If we lose to them, then we are looking up at two teams in our division. I want to beat the Ravens so we can get back into the race for the division and get at least one home playoff game....but it's not a must IMHO. But of we lose to Cincinnati, it's not only a division loss, but a conference loss too and that can hurt us in a tiebreaker situation for one of the two wild card spots.