PDA

View Full Version : Coach fight?

steeldevil
10-16-2011, 03:52 PM
Anyone else see that? Jim Harbaugh and Jim Schwartz had to be held back from one another by their players. Someone find the video. Its hilarious!!

stillers4me
10-16-2011, 03:54 PM
It's all over twitter....can't wait to see it! :lol:

Count Steeler
10-16-2011, 03:57 PM
San Fran beat Detroit. NFC West won't be won by a 7-9 team this year.

stillers4me
10-16-2011, 04:03 PM
richeisen (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/richeisen) Rich Eisen

Schwartz said he "didn't expect an obsenity" at the end and "there's a certain protocol in this league" and left it at that.

Count Steeler
10-16-2011, 04:04 PM
Harbaugh brothers, John & Jim. The class of the league.

XxKnightxX
10-16-2011, 04:25 PM
Jim schwarz ain't no saint either he taunts just as much and I heard he was openly bad mouthing Harbaugh during a challenge. NFL replay here we come lol.

GodfatherofSoul
10-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Here's the clip. Harbaugh actually shoves him after the shake and I guess says something he didn't like. Harbaugh tried to play it off as "I shook his hand too hard" lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLzs9LvJJvU&feature=player_embedded

86WARD
10-16-2011, 07:23 PM
Schwartz was pissed...lol.

kmsteelerwr15
10-16-2011, 07:24 PM
This isn't college anymore Jimbo. Act like you've won a game before.

zulater
10-16-2011, 07:26 PM
I don't think he meant it as it came off.

st33lersguy
10-16-2011, 07:39 PM
I guess John Harbaugh isn't the only classless jerk in the family

BigNastyDefense
10-16-2011, 07:40 PM
I don't think he meant it as it came off.

Neither do I, but come on. It's not like his team hadn't won a game this season and people were talking of the 49ers going 0-16. It's likely that his team is going to win the division. I know this is his first year as head coach, but act like you've been there before. A celebration like that is only okay if you've won your conference, won the Super Bowl, or were 0-15 and won your last game of the season.

zulater
10-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Neither do I, but come on. It's not like his team hadn't won a game this season and people were talking of the 49ers going 0-16. It's likely that his team is going to win the division. I know this is his first year as head coach, but act like you've been there before. A celebration like that is only okay if you've won your conference, won the Super Bowl, or were 0-15 and won your last game of the season.

I'd say a win against an undefeated team in their building is pretty big, particularly when you're coaching a team that's mostly considered a mirage by most "experts", despite it's early season record.

I have no love for Harbaugh. His brother is the biggest jackass in the league among NFL head coaches imo. But if that was our guy, in that circumnstance, we'd all be defending him and telling Swartz to grow a pair. So I'm just trying to be fair.

SteelerEmpire
10-16-2011, 08:01 PM
He's a Harbaugh, what do we expect... lol.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
10-16-2011, 09:21 PM
I guess John Harbaugh isn't the only classless jerk in the family

It appears to run in the family. Bad winners, even worse losers. I can't stand either of them.

tube517
10-16-2011, 09:43 PM
Jim still thinks Aaron Bailey caught the ball in the 95-96 AFCC game.

BigNastyDefense
10-16-2011, 09:44 PM
I'd say a win against an undefeated team in their building is pretty big, particularly when you're coaching a team that's mostly considered a mirage by most "experts", despite it's early season record.

I have no love for Harbaugh. His brother is the biggest jackass in the league among NFL head coaches imo. But if that was our guy, in that circumnstance, we'd all be defending him and telling Swartz to grow a pair. So I'm just trying to be fair.

Our coach wouldn't do that because he has class and decorum. You wouldn't see Tomlin acting like that, nor would you have seen Cowher or Noll acting like that....especially after a regular season win, no matter who the opponent is.

steelerdude15
10-16-2011, 10:02 PM
The Harbaugh's are the pricks of the NFL.

venom
10-17-2011, 05:57 AM
Jim Harbaugh = Asshole

suitanim
10-17-2011, 09:11 AM
I actually thought this was mostly just over the shake. I don't see this as a "push" by Harbaugh. I just think these guys are both giant douchenozzles...

SteelerFanInStl
10-17-2011, 12:58 PM
Our coach wouldn't do that because he has class and decorum. You wouldn't see Tomlin acting like that, nor would you have seen Cowher or Noll acting like that....especially after a regular season win, no matter who the opponent is.

Exactly! Harbaugh has always been a douche. If I was Schwartz I'd have been pissed too. Cowher was a bit worked up about this in the post game show. He said that Harbaugh owed Schwartz an apology and I agree with him.

Count Steeler
10-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Wonder if the Commish will bring them in and "talk it over". Wonder if either one will get fined.

The Patriot
10-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Harbaugh was acting like a manchild. Schwartz didn't have to chase after him.

Now that I'm done judging them, I hope we see more bad sportsmanship in the future! :pop2:

ALLD
10-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Now Rex Ryan has an opportunity to upstage both on MNF.

HometownGal
10-17-2011, 04:49 PM

This. ^^^^

Personally if I were Schwartz, I'd have kicked him in the nads.

polamalubeast
10-17-2011, 04:57 PM
The Harbaugh's are both great head coach,but he's Asshole too

Crow-Magnon
10-17-2011, 05:21 PM
I've seen the clip about 50 times by now. Jim needs to learn that it's ok to get that pumped up when you are on your team's sideline, but not in another HC's face. And Schwartz should know better than to act like some ghetto thug who's been dissed.

Harbaugh was wrong; Schwartz was really wrong.

Bluecoat96
10-17-2011, 05:25 PM
I'm sorry, but Harbaugh certainly did not look as if he did too much wrong other than acting like a spaz and shaking his hand too hard. It certainly didn't look like a shove to me afterwards, although with Harbaugh's momentum from running around like a kid without his ADHD meds probably made it seem like a shove. I did however see Schawrtz mouth the F word right after the fact. Harbaugh didn't even react at all until Schwartz was in his face repeatedly down the field. The argument took on a life of it's own with the players after that.

IMHO, the over-all bias Steelers fans have towards the Harbaugh clan probably has something to do with how we perceive this whole incident.

GodfatherofSoul
10-18-2011, 01:23 AM
See if you can find a better video angle of the shove, he pushes him pretty good.

smokin3000gt
10-18-2011, 01:47 AM
I don't think it was about the physicality of the push but more of the "out of the way loser, winner coming through" attitude.. that and he probably made balsa wood out of Schwart's hand.. :chuckle:

tube517
10-18-2011, 02:10 AM
I've seen the clip about 50 times by now. Jim needs to learn that it's ok to get that pumped up when you are on your team's sideline, but not in another HC's face. And Schwartz should know better than to act like some ghetto thug who's been dissed.

Harbaugh was wrong; Schwartz was really wrong.

http://www.neuroticmonkey.com/storage/carlton%20thug%20life.jpg

:chuckle:

NCSteeler
10-18-2011, 05:44 AM
richeisen (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/richeisen) Rich Eisen

Schwartz said he "didn't expect an obsenity" at the end and "there's a certain protocol in this league" and left it at that.

yet in the video you can see schwartz saying "what the fuck" after the handshake.

HometownGal
10-18-2011, 06:33 AM
yet in the video you can see schwartz saying "what the fuck" after the handshake.

Yeah I noticed that too. A bit hypocritical eh? :doh:

SteelerFanInStl
10-18-2011, 10:15 AM

I can't really blame him for the 'what the fuck'. He was surprised at what Harbaugh had just done to him. I think everything would've been fine if it wasn't for the push in the back. That's what set him off.

zulater
10-18-2011, 04:50 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82337b2e/article/nfl-wont-discipline-harbaugh-schwartz-for-postgame-tussle?module=HP11_content_stream

"Fortunately, there was no fighting and thus no basis for a fine," Aiello said. "However, both coaches told (NFL vice president of football operations) Ray Anderson today that their postgame conduct was wrong and will not happen again. We believe their response is the correct one and that their postgame conduct going forward will be more appropriate."

Too bad they didn't apply the same standard when they went about the task of punishing Ben.

Count Steeler
10-18-2011, 06:04 PM
Can't wait till they meet in the NFC playoffs. Of course the media is going to hype the heck out of the coaches handshake at the end of the game.

But, putting this aside, it was a pretty good game. I give credit to Harbaugh for proving Singletary was just out of his league.

zulater
10-20-2011, 09:03 PM
Commish botches the call (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Commissioner-Roger-Goodell-botches-call-on-coaches-Jim-Harbaugh-Jim-Schwartz-101911)

Forget for the moment the question of whether Roger Goodell is fair in his self-appointed role as the NFL’s chief disciplinarian. It’s time to start questioning whether he knows what he’s doing when it comes to protecting himself.

The scuffle between Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz and San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh was the perfect opportunity for the commissioner to demonstrate that his past stances on player mishaps had been about protecting the league from embarrassment.

Rather than being an ego-crazed bully.

Or an out-of-touch, power hungry control freak.

Or, as some have wondered — most notably and publicly Pittsburgh linebacker James Harrison — a racist with two sets of rules.

Yes, for an NFL leader doggedly determined to institute discipline on a vastly wider scale despite such blowback, he just had been handed a gift.

This was Fairness 101 served up on a platter for a league and a leader with an image problem with its own players. When Harbaugh roughly shook Schwartz’s hand and slammed him briskly on the back after the game, and Schwartz then chased him down the field to kick off a near scuffle, Goodell was poised to prove his naysayers wrong.

Here, the iron-fisted commissioner could have demonstrated that his hard brand of justice extends to anyone who hurts the NFL’s brand. Since these were two white coaches, he certainly could have undercut the rising concern among black players that they face a double standard. He could have done the right thing — and it would have been right — while giving himself some much needed cover.

Instead.

He sent out NFL spokesman Greg Aiello on Tuesday to let the world know on Twitter there aren’t consequences for coaches when they cross that line. That’s reserved solely for the players.

Goodell demands his players avoid helmet-to-helmet collisions in the heat of battle but he can’t clamp down on postgame ego-to-ego collisions from his coaches?

7SteelGal43
10-20-2011, 11:13 PM
Much ado about nothing. I saw this and thought Schwartz made way to much of it. Harbaugh just got carried away in his exuberance, I don't think he was trying to be a jerko**. (IMO)

NCSteeler
10-20-2011, 11:44 PM
Commish botches the call (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Commissioner-Roger-Goodell-botches-call-on-coaches-Jim-Harbaugh-Jim-Schwartz-101911)

Forget for the moment the question of whether Roger Goodell is fair in his self-appointed role as the NFL’s chief disciplinarian. It’s time to start questioning whether he knows what he’s doing when it comes to protecting himself.

The scuffle between Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz and San Francisco 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh was the perfect opportunity for the commissioner to demonstrate that his past stances on player mishaps had been about protecting the league from embarrassment.

Rather than being an ego-crazed bully.

Or an out-of-touch, power hungry control freak.

Or, as some have wondered — most notably and publicly Pittsburgh linebacker James Harrison — a racist with two sets of rules.

Yes, for an NFL leader doggedly determined to institute discipline on a vastly wider scale despite such blowback, he just had been handed a gift.

This was Fairness 101 served up on a platter for a league and a leader with an image problem with its own players. When Harbaugh roughly shook Schwartz’s hand and slammed him briskly on the back after the game, and Schwartz then chased him down the field to kick off a near scuffle, Goodell was poised to prove his naysayers wrong.

Here, the iron-fisted commissioner could have demonstrated that his hard brand of justice extends to anyone who hurts the NFL’s brand. Since these were two white coaches, he certainly could have undercut the rising concern among black players that they face a double standard. He could have done the right thing — and it would have been right — while giving himself some much needed cover.

Instead.

He sent out NFL spokesman Greg Aiello on Tuesday to let the world know on Twitter there aren’t consequences for coaches when they cross that line. That’s reserved solely for the players.

Goodell demands his players avoid helmet-to-helmet collisions in the heat of battle but he can’t clamp down on postgame ego-to-ego collisions from his coaches?

Personally I would have thought worse of him had he fined them for what amounts to just a bit of bravado. BFD, it's not like it was Allison and Yarborough duking it out on the 50 yard line.

Just George
10-21-2011, 05:59 AM
Personally I would have thought worse of him had he fined them for what amounts to just a bit of bravado. BFD, it's not like it was Allison and Yarborough duking it out on the 50 yard line.

except for the Leagues "Don't tarnish the sheild" justification. Well two Head Coaches, who are paid to do a job, having a hissy fit after a game and acting like 6 year olds definately tarnishes the sheild IMO. So come some kind of corrective action would have been appropriate.

zulater
10-21-2011, 12:44 PM
except for the Leagues "Don't tarnish the sheild" justification. Well two Head Coaches, who are paid to do a job, having a hissy fit after a game and acting like 6 year olds definately tarnishes the sheild IMO. So come some kind of corrective action would have been appropriate.

I've seen several players comment on this, and while none want to make too big of deal of it, they all seem to feel as if there's a double standard being applied as to discipline for players as opposed to coaches.

Crow-Magnon
10-21-2011, 01:39 PM
I've seen several players comment on this, and while none want to make too big of deal of it, they all seem to feel as if there's a double standard being applied as to discipline for players as opposed to coaches.

I think they have good reason to feel that way.