PDA

View Full Version : second half offense

polamalubeast
10-16-2011, 03:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tie0tz7jGDI

BigNastyDefense
10-16-2011, 03:05 PM
From what I could follow from my phone, that about sums it up for us today. I don't know what it is about Jacksonville, but those fuckers always play us tough. Every single time. I can't remember a time we've really every blown them out.

And Maurice Jones-Drew is the most underrated RB in the NFL, and I have thought that for years. He's a damn matchup nightmare!!!

SteelerFanInStl
10-16-2011, 03:31 PM
They weren't playing us tough until we shit the bed. We scored on the first 3 possessions (should've been 3 TDs) and then went to sleep.

Count Steeler
10-16-2011, 03:38 PM
It is offensive to declare that we came close to playing offense in the second half. Ben couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Don't know what happened after the 1st quarter, but Ben, you better get your head straight for the next game.

Edman
10-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Jacksonville didn't play **** tough today. They are an awful team and this game shouldn't have been close.

This game is a blowout if the Offense doesn't go to sleep in the second half. Absolutely putrid offensive performance in the second half. Arians' playcalling was disgusting, the gameplan was lousy, and Ben couldn't hit the water if he fell out of a boat.

Austin87
10-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Jacksonville didn't play **** tough today. They are an awful team and this game shouldn't have been close.

This game is a blowout if the Offense doesn't go to sleep in the second half. Absolutely putrid offensive performance in the second half. Arians' playcalling was disgusting, the gameplan was lousy, and Ben couldn't hit the water if he fell out of a boat.

This

stillers4me
10-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Absolutely putrid offensive performance in the second half. Arians' playcalling was disgusting, the gameplan was lousy, and Ben couldn't hit the water if he fell out of a boat.

Well, Brucie did say everything would be back to normal. :lol:

fansince'76
10-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Can't complain about too many bubble screens this week. :chuckle:

fansince'76
10-16-2011, 05:20 PM

It's worth noting that if Ben wasn't so off today, this game would have been a blowout. How many wide open, pretty much sure TDs did he over/underthrow? I counted at least 3.

zulater
10-16-2011, 05:37 PM

The only thing I'd blame Arians for this week is not giving Mendenhall a blow after his long run. If you put Redman in for a play and the result is the same I've got no problem. But Mendenhall was clearly gassed, and unless the hole was a mile wide chances are he was going to come up wanting.

zulater
10-16-2011, 05:38 PM
It's worth noting that if Ben wasn't so off today, this game would have been a blowout. How many wide open, pretty much sure TDs did he over/underthrow? I counted at least 3.

I wonder if that foot was bothering him today?

fansince'76
10-16-2011, 05:41 PM

Quite possible. At any rate, they should have stopped trying to go deep as soon as it became apparent that Ben didn't have the accuracy to make those plays today, for whatever reason.

Psycho Ward 86
10-16-2011, 05:42 PM

well it WAS his plant foot so i guess and we threw deep a lot more today than last week

Kittyfish
10-16-2011, 06:11 PM
What second half offense? There wasn't much that I noticed. This game should have been won in a blow-out, and it started off looking like it would be, but the offense just disappeared after halftime. The game should not have come down to a last second Hail Mary pass to decide who would win - we got lucky.

Moose
10-16-2011, 06:36 PM
I agree with everything said so far. 1st half was awesome, 2nd half more than terrible. A lucky escape with a win !! Thank God for the poor clock playing by Jax, they could have had 20 + more seconds. UGH

st33lersguy
10-16-2011, 07:47 PM
I can't remember ever seeing a QB overthrow receivers like big Ben did that 2nd half. Did Ben think that the endzone was a receiver, because that is how he played.

86WARD
10-16-2011, 07:51 PM
What second half offense?

steel striker
10-16-2011, 07:54 PM
What was strange is Ben & the offense started very good then it's like they hit an invisable wall out there. That second half reminded me of last years agccg against the jets in the second half. Like most of you I thought it was going to be a blowout up 17-0 but, then it got interesting.

zulater
10-16-2011, 08:04 PM
Actually this might have been the best thing that could happen. If we had extended the lead and ran away and hid as we did against the Titans we could have gone into Arizona complacent. Now the coaches should be able to focus the team on what went wrong and go about the task of fixing it in time for the Cardinals.

Count Steeler
10-16-2011, 08:18 PM
Actually this might have been the best thing that could happen. If we had extended the lead and ran away and hid as we did against the Titans we could have gone into Arizona complacent. Now the coaches should be able to focus the team on what went wrong and go about the task of fixing it in time for the Cardinals.

I'm starting to get worried about what is the real "norm" for this team. They were at their best against the Titans, so was that the aberration and today the "norm".

steelerrob
10-17-2011, 01:48 AM
It seemed to me there was something wrong with the offense even from the very beginning of the game - everybody looking very serious, even after touchdown scores there was no celebration & smiles like there was last week against the Titans, not even a smile from Hines....the whole team was very subdued.

Butch
10-17-2011, 05:13 AM

EXACTLY!!! I love Ben and wouldn't trade him for the world but he's been horrible at trying to hit the long ball. Still wouldn't trade him but hope he works on it a lot more in practice.

zulater
10-17-2011, 05:38 AM
Ben isn't a bad deep thrower, that's a total falsehood. He might not be great at it, but he's certainly in the top 1/3 of the league's qb's in completing deep balls. The problem yesterday was the weather conditions weren't conducive to the deep ball, ( gusting high winds) but for God know's what reason, we kept resorting to them? It reminded me of the Steelers game plan against the Browns in Cleveland in 2009, where despite Arctic conditions and high winds we set about to the task of defying mother nature only to have mother nature plant our collective faces in it time after time after time. I don't know if it's Ben or Bruce, but someone inside that offense is dumber than a box of rocks and stubborn as hell, and just insists on imposing their will, even though it's totally unnecessary, and in fact ridiculously stupid!

Anyway unless the winds follow the Steelers to Arizona this shouldn't be a problem next week. But after that who knows? Tomlin or someone in that organization has to get a handle on this and make sure it doesn't happen again! You aren't playing in a dome, you absolutely have to factor weather into your game plan!!

HometownGal
10-17-2011, 07:05 AM

Whatsa matta with you? Didn't you see BA out there over and underthrowing those passes? :doh:

As I said in another thread, I can vouch for the windy conditions here both Saturday and during the game yesterday, but it's still no excuse.

86WARD
10-17-2011, 08:45 AM
After the team goes off the "script" they went in the tank...lol...

ALLD
10-17-2011, 04:49 PM
As for their execution, I am for it.

polamalubeast
10-17-2011, 04:53 PM
It was as if they stayed in the locker room during half time.

Butch
10-17-2011, 05:06 PM
As for their execution, I am for it.

Well stated Jim McKay!!! LOL

(think that was his name)

fansince'76
10-17-2011, 05:33 PM
On a positive note, Ben didn't throw any picks yesterday. :chuckle:

fansince'76
10-17-2011, 05:36 PM
Well stated Jim McKay!!! LOL

(think that was his name)