PDA

View Full Version : Ben's "Deep Field View"

SteelerEmpire
10-16-2011, 03:01 PM
I think I counted at least 4 miss-thrown balls by Ben that could have went for TD's... so a possible 28 pts left on the field. We have possibly the best group of WR's in the league ? I never played QB so what can Ben do to fix this ? Does he need a sniper's scope mounted over his left eye ? I mean if he doesn't know how to hit these guys by now.... ?

http://www.youlikes.com/drawing-files/2010/Dec/31/sniper-scope-8764548511015776084.png

Chidi29
10-16-2011, 03:11 PM
These aren't the easiest throws in the world to make. And at least one of the incompletions was him on the run without the benefit of his feet being set.

Plus, you're always adjusting to receivers speeds. Sanders is fast but no as fast as Wallace. And it looked like Ben was throwing as if Wallace was running the route; the ball being a couple steps in front of Sanders.

TheSikOne
10-16-2011, 03:16 PM
^Basically what Chidi said, and we DO NOT have the best overall receiving group in the league. That talk needs to stop...lol

Devilsdancefloor
10-16-2011, 03:46 PM
you also gotta remeber bens foot is hurt and that HAS to affect his throws we won so i really really am not worried about it. Every week his foot is getting better and he will be heathy when it counts the same could be said about deebo

Count Steeler
10-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Sorry, I expect better from Ben. Not having time to throw is one thing, but simply looking for the long ball all afternoon is irresponsible. Secure the win.

steelerdiva
10-16-2011, 03:52 PM
I think I counted at least 4 miss-thrown balls by Ben that could have went for TD's... so a possible 28 pts left on the field. We have possibly the best group of WR's in the league ? I never played QB so what can Ben do to fix this ? Does he need a sniper's scope mounted over his left eye ? I mean if he doesn't know how to hit these guys by now.... ?

http://www.youlikes.com/drawing-files/2010/Dec/31/sniper-scope-8764548511015776084.png

Ben will be fine...his throws just weren't there today.

Psycho Ward 86
10-16-2011, 04:03 PM
What should have been a wide open TD to Antonio Brown in the corner: That was misfired because he got knocked down and had pressure in his face. Other than that, they were mostly on him, yeah

pepsyman1
10-16-2011, 04:05 PM
They definitely weren't focused on moving the chains in the second half. Too many home run shots...sometimes you gotta be patient and take the yards that are available

Psycho Ward 86
10-16-2011, 04:07 PM
They definitely weren't focused on moving the chains in the second half. Too many home run shots...sometimes you gotta be patient and take the yards that are available

some of those homerun shots should have been completed pretty easily. Like on that play where Wallace was trying to track the ball down and started zig zagging around while the ball was in the air

Count Steeler
10-16-2011, 04:09 PM
You don't treat a game as a practice session. Give the other team some respect and beat the sh*t out of them. This should have been a 3 TD victory, instead we almost lost it. I am really getting frustrated with the attitudes of some of the coaches and players. Play the game for 60 minutes or until the other team surrenders. 1 or 2 deep shots? Absolutely. Let it take over your offense? No way.

If the Jags were any better, we would have lost.

Chidi29
10-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Sorry, I expect better from Ben. Not having time to throw is one thing, but simply looking for the long ball all afternoon is irresponsible. Secure the win.

Scoring touchdowns secures the win. All of those overthrows would have been touchdowns.

Steeldude
10-16-2011, 04:55 PM
BR's long ball has always left a lot to be desired. many times he throws off his back foot. at least he isn't hanging them short and high as he usually did in the past.

Godfather
10-16-2011, 05:04 PM
This definitely wasn't Ben's best game. We missed a lot of opportunities to deliver the coup de grace, and it was because he made lousy throws to open receivers.

But a win is a win and history tells us his performance the last three quarters was an aberration.

Count Steeler
10-16-2011, 08:44 PM
Scoring touchdowns secures the win. All of those overthrows would have been touchdowns.

Like I said 1 or 2 shots downfield is fine. If it is not working, you got to go with what is. "Almost" touchdowns just allows the other team to get back in the game. If we were playing a better team, we would be lamenting the fact that we are 3-3.

GBMelBlount
10-16-2011, 09:01 PM
BR's long ball has always left a lot to be desired. many times he throws off his back foot. at least he isn't hanging them short and high as he usually did in the past.

I agree COMPLETELY.

Our receiving corps is easily one of the best in the league. Could it be Ben's foot? Sure. Maybe it is long term effects from his motorcycle accident. Regardless, he has never been consistent with the long ball imo and I am glad he is throwing them where at least they are not being intercepted.

Chidi29
10-16-2011, 09:17 PM
Like I said 1 or 2 shots downfield is fine. If it is not working, you got to go with what is. "Almost" touchdowns just allows the other team to get back in the game. If we were playing a better team, we would be lamenting the fact that we are 3-3.

But it was working. The receivers were open. If you're Ben, it's stupid not to target them. You can't get scared just because you just missed before. Try and try again because the payoff is huge.

NCSteeler
10-17-2011, 12:57 AM
Over throw brown under throw wallace, somewhere they will meet and when he starts hitting them it will be awesome. Hard in this league anymore to go 4 yards a play over 17 plays without penalty. They have got to keep trying to grab chunks of yards. But it is upsetting when they miss a few and the D has to run back out there.

suitanim
10-17-2011, 09:52 AM
You take what the defense gives you. We had receives running wide open all game. Arians can only call the plays, he can't actually take the field and complete the passes.

Ben just had a bad game. He was not accurate at all...