PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger may be responsible for rookie QB trend

Galax Steeler
10-16-2011, 06:50 AM
Even though he was the No. 1 overall pick in the 1989 NFL draft, Troy Aikman never dreamed his first season with the Dallas Cowboys would unfold as it did.

Sure, he would become the first rookie to start at quarterback for the Cowboys since Roger Staubach in 1969. And, yes, he threw for a rookie-record 379 yards in a game against the Phoenix Cardinals.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11289/1182496-66.stm#ixzz1awdA5LT1

Kittyfish
10-16-2011, 06:05 PM
You know, I had wondered that myself, so a couple of years ago I asked a friend of mine who knows a bit about football what he thought. He basically poo-poohed my little theory so I didn't bring it up here. Now I kind of wish I had, just to have proof that my non-knowledgeable-little-female mind came up with a thought shared by a sports writer of sorts. At least someone agrees with me now.

pepsyman1
10-16-2011, 07:05 PM
Kittyfish, never hesitate to bring up ideas here. What do ANY of us REALLY know? I'm not aware of anyone in this forum who actually works for an NFL team...lol. If we were really that smart we'd have a whistle around our neck and a fat game day pay check. Until that happens toss your ideas out there...that's the point of a forum. (of course be ready to defend it with some evidence...lol)

katmandu
10-16-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm not aware of anyone in this forum who actually works for an NFL team...lol. Roger Godell was on here for a day before he got permanently BANNED ! LMAO !