PDA

View Full Version : Steelers, Jaguars struggling with turnovers

stillers4me
10-15-2011, 07:59 AM
Neither the Steelers nor the Jacksonville Jaguars have much to brag about with turnover ratio this season.

The Steelers are minus-10, with six interceptions and six fumbles lost, but the defense has forced only one fumble and has one interception. The Jaguars are minus-3, with nine turnovers and six takeaways.

"We've got to do a good job of hustling and wrapping up, and hopefully the ball will bounce our way," linebacker James Farrior said. "We don't want to make anything easy for their young quarterback (Blaine Gabbert). If we get pressure on him, we might force him to throw the ball early."

Farrior said while the Steelers haven't focused on blitzing Gabbert, they will try to rattle the rookie..........

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_761988.html

Count Steeler
10-15-2011, 02:18 PM
Would be nice to see the D/ST get about 3 turnovers this week. I hope we trounce the Jags. Get our season back on the right track.

polamalubeast
10-15-2011, 02:27 PM
It's amazing that the Steelers are 3-2 despite a differential of -10 in turnovers.

Psycho Ward 86
10-15-2011, 05:00 PM
"If it was up to me we would run the ball every play." -Mike Wallace

what a guy

GBMelBlount
10-15-2011, 05:40 PM
weren't we minus 10 going into last weeks game? Bottom line is if the O line shows up consistently we will not have negative turnover stats like this.

Psycho Ward 86
10-15-2011, 06:14 PM
just imagine...if it werent for the ravens game we're only at -3 lol

Craic
10-15-2011, 06:43 PM
just imagine...if it werent for the ravens game we're only at -3 lol
Exactly. This stats primarily show one really bad game in the turnover department.