PDA

View Full Version : Steelers DE Smith won't suit up for Jaguars

stillers4me
10-12-2011, 07:20 AM
Veteran defensive end Aaron Smith will miss a second consecutive game for the Steelers because of a sprained foot, while running back Rashard Mendenhall could return to the starting lineup, though maybe not in the same role.
Coach Mike Tomlin was vague when asked what Mendenhall's workload will be against the Jacksonville Jaguars if he returns from the hamstring injury that sidelined him last Sunday.

"We'll see where his participation (in practice) leads us," Tomlin said. "We'll let his level of health and participation in the work week dictate that."

The Steelers have leaned heavily on Mendenhall since he became the team's starter during the 2009 season, and last year he logged 324 carries.

Isaac Redman, however, has been pushing for an increased role in the offense...................

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_761377.html

ALLD
10-12-2011, 03:29 PM
Bowie State!

Craic
10-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Seriously,

We need to start looking around for a brand new set of trainers, team doctors, etc. Every year we are riddled with injury.

Count Steeler
10-12-2011, 03:54 PM
Seriously,

We need to start looking around for a brand new set of trainers, team doctors, etc. Every year we are riddled with injury.

Probably because we are old and slow.

Psycho Ward 86
10-12-2011, 04:33 PM
I dont want him back until the patriots game. Even then, just for depth. has he been playing injured since week 1 or something? he just hasnt been the same

HollywoodSteel
10-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Seriously,

I think we just notice it more when it happens to our team. Look at the Giants this year, or for a more inspirational version, the Packers last year. Also, I don't think Houston fans are all too happy with their injury report right about now.