PDA

View Full Version : Heinz Field grass

salamander
10-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Maybe it's just me, but the field at Heinz Field has looked better than ever.

Ever since the Winter Classic and then the Batman filming took place, it's looked pretty darn good.

fansince'76
10-11-2011, 10:52 AM
I was recently in Pittsburgh for a visit and took a tour of Heinz. The tour guide said that the makers of the new Batman flick paid to completely re-sod the field as they tore it up pretty good during filming there.

Edman
10-11-2011, 10:59 AM
I never really minded the Heinz Field Grass. It had it's bad moments, but it's not as awful as people say it is.

After seeing Jerryworld's horrid field injuring Steeler and Packer players in Super Bowl XLV, I am more firm in my defense than ever.

suitanim
10-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Just wait. After a few more games, a game or two with rain, and a game or two with snow (be it high school, Pitt and/or the Steelers), and will be back to it's usual shitty status.

86WARD
10-11-2011, 12:08 PM
It was never early in the season when the "problems" occured. Bump this thread in the beginning of December...

7willBheaven
10-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Just wait. After a few more games, a game or two with rain, and a game or two with snow (be it high school, Pitt and/or the Steelers), and will be back to it's usual shitty status.

Exactly...they should NOT have the high schools playing there. Pitt and the Steelers are more than enough. If they could eliminate the HS games it would help so much.

steeldevil
10-11-2011, 12:24 PM
They don't play HS games there every weekend do they? Just the State Championship games?

BigNastyDefense
10-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Exactly...they should NOT have the high schools playing there. Pitt and the Steelers are more than enough. If they could eliminate the HS games it would help so much.

It was part of the deal to get the stadium built. The Steelers had to agree to not only share the stadium with the Pitt Panthers, but to allow the high schools to play playoff games there. If they didn't do that, no new stadium because public funds were being used to build it.

7willBheaven
10-11-2011, 01:36 PM
They don't play HS games there every weekend do they? Just the State Championship games?

Correct only the championships...but still thats a handful of games in one weekend usually.

7willBheaven
10-11-2011, 01:37 PM
It was part of the deal to get the stadium built. The Steelers had to agree to not only share the stadium with the Pitt Panthers, but to allow the high schools to play playoff games there. If they didn't do that, no new stadium because public funds were being used to build it.

I figured that.

steeldevil
10-11-2011, 01:41 PM

So.... The citizens of Pittsburgh would only agree to help pay for a new stadium for the STEELERS if the stadium could also be used for HIGH SCHOOL GAMES???

That seems quite odd...

ALLD
10-11-2011, 03:01 PM
The Steelers put in new hybrid grass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmxcmpR1GQA