PDA

View Full Version : Just realized something...

Merchant
10-10-2011, 11:41 AM
From what I can remember.. Not ONE bubble-screen was called in yesterday's game :thumbsup:

Maybe Arians has been browsing through Steelers Universe these past couple of weeks

suitanim
10-10-2011, 11:51 AM
There was at least one thrown to Ward...didn't work. BUT the short stuff kept sucking the DB's up, just as it's supposed to do...

HollywoodSteel
10-10-2011, 12:26 PM
That pick Ben through at the end of the first half looked awfully bubbly to me.

X-Terminator
10-10-2011, 12:32 PM
There was one thrown to Wallace in the 2nd quarter, where Ben threw it ahead of him so that he could get a running start. Picked up about 7 or 8 yards on it.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-10-2011, 12:46 PM
That pick Ben through at the end of the first half looked awfully bubbly to me.
Ben looked like had 4 bottles of bubbly before he threw it........right to the DB.

Merchant
10-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Ben looked like had 4 bottles of bubbly before he threw it........right to the DB.

I think that was the receiver's fault actually. Clearly a miscommunication.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-10-2011, 01:31 PM
I think that was the receiver's fault actually. Clearly a miscommunication. I think more like bad footwork by Ben because of his injury. The WR was right where he should be and Ben grew it right to the cb.

Still, some screens were thrown

43Hitman
10-10-2011, 01:35 PM
I liked the screen pass to Redman that went for about 9 yards. I wish we threw more of those to be honest.

shutdown
10-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Wasn't the INT a bubble screen? Can't remember...

steeldevil
10-10-2011, 03:33 PM
I didn't record the game so I don't know for sure, but on that INT bubble screen before half I know we had 3 WRs on that side and only Finnegan was over there. And I didn't see a safety over there either. The Safety could have been deep, not sure. Basically I'm saying Finnegan could have easily been blocked and who ever the screen was to, Wallace I think, had a shot to really make something happen. Unfortunately Ben threw the ball way too far out in front and it was picked.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-10-2011, 03:55 PM
I didn't record the game so I don't know for sure, but on that INT bubble screen before half I know we had 3 WRs on that side and only Finnegan was over there. And I didn't see a safety over there either. The Safety could have been deep, not sure. Basically I'm saying Finnegan could have easily been blocked and who ever the screen was to, Wallace I think, had a shot to really make something happen. Unfortunately Ben threw the ball way too far out in front and it was picked.

Yes. Ward was out front, Wallace to the sidelines and Sanders was looking for the screen like the intended receiver was, but Ben threw it out front of Ward and straight to Finnegan. It likely could have gone for 10-15 yards IMO.