PDA

View Full Version : What to do after NEAR PERFECT game ?

Moose
10-10-2011, 08:39 AM
Sunday's game against Tenn. was so enjoyable to watch. Everyone was executing and all the players seemed 'into' it. The play calling was good. Trick plays back in the game. A few sputter's here or there, but none worth mentioning. It was the Ole' Steeler's football. Defense and offense working together to get a win !! Holding Tenn. top man to only 51 yrds. Pressure on their QB. Just a great game and win over a pretty decent Tenn. team. NOW, all of this being done with alot of 'stand-ins' in the game. Now, what does the team do when the starter's get healthy ? I know you have to play the starter's....that's their job. But, what about the saying 'if it's not broke don't fix it ' ? What about the Tomlin saying that 'no one is guaranteed the job' ? The team looked comfortable Sunday. Who do you sit, who do you let keep playing ? What say you??

Chidi29
10-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Fix what kept it from being a perfect game.

BlastFurnace
10-10-2011, 09:47 AM
Copy and Paste for next Sunday

zulater
10-10-2011, 12:52 PM
Don't get big headed. It's a week to week league, this weeks champs are next weeks chumps the minute you start reading your press clippings.

The Duke
10-10-2011, 01:10 PM
Don't get big headed. It's a week to week league, this weeks champs are next weeks chumps the minute you start reading your press clippings.

Agree

no need to embarrass ourselves against rookie Gabbert

all the young guys did a nice job yesterday, but they can do better

Count Steeler
10-10-2011, 05:34 PM
The minute you think you have "arrived" is the minute you fail. Keep playing smart, hungry and desperate. The Super Bowl is our goal. We are not close to that yet. We have a long way to go, so keep working hard.

Having said that, starters should get a fair shot once they are healthy again, but any drop off and go back to what was working. Winning is the Standard, not loyalty. Unfortunately, there are no free rides in the NFL. You have to produce every game.

Carolina Steelers
10-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Like Count said Super Bowl is our goal, dont care how we get there just get to the dance and anything can happen. Were measured in the post season not regular season but we got to get there, still alot of work today. Before the game alot of people picking the Titans were too old slow Ben is hurt o-line sucks, hines should retire now. The next day there saying the opposite your only as good as your next game. If we play like we did yesterday the Jags dont have a chance.

Count Steeler
10-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Hope the coaches remind the players that we did not win because we just showed up. We won because we worked hard and played for 60 minutes. If that other attitude creeps in, it has to be dealt with right away.

I can see the locker room breathing a collective sigh of relief, however, we have only just begun. Still a lot of games left, still a lot of improvement to come. Let's get primed and ready for the Jags. It would be easy to take them lightly and take a step back instead of a step forward. We should pound them and make them feel sorry for even getting off the plane in Pittsburgh. I want a killer mentality to permeate this team, take no prisoners, destroy, conquer, defeat. That Wallace touchdown is precisely what I am talking about.

stillers4me
10-10-2011, 06:37 PM
This is a very experienced and battle tested team. Many of them have been to multiple superbowls. They are well aware that we don't have a standing invitation to the playoffs.

Count Steeler
10-10-2011, 06:57 PM
This is a very experienced and battle tested team. Many of them have been to multiple superbowls. They are well aware that we don't have a standing invitation to the playoffs.

But sometimes they forget how hard they had to work to get there. The hunger, the extra reps, the extra training.

Really puzzles me how this new CBA limits pad practices to 1 per week. The defensive players need some better representation on the NFLPA. Lack of pad practices has shown how poorly some defenses have performed. They need consistent practices and fine tuning and honing of their tackling skills.