PDA

View Full Version : Steelers find ground game in home victory

stillers4me
10-10-2011, 05:28 AM
Steelers running backs Jonathan Dwyer and Isaac Redman were thrust into the spotlight Sunday out of necessity.
Redman spent much of the season getting only spot duty until Rashard Mendenhall pulled a hamstring last week in Houston. Dwyer began the preseason fighting for a roster spot and played only with the scout team until being placed on the active roster hours before kickoff yesterday.

But in the Steelers' best performance this season, Dwyer and Redman ignited what had been a mostly ineffective running game during a convincing 38-17 victory over the Tennessee Titans at Heinz Field..........

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_761080.html

HometownGal
10-10-2011, 06:16 AM
At least this week, we won't have to hear all of the whining and gnashing of teeth about not enough rushing play calls. :doh: I thought the game plan was excellent yesterday all the way around. :applaudit:

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-10-2011, 08:33 AM
I have a feeling that when your QB is hobbled like he was and you have a glass figurine as his backup....the plan becomes for him to hand it off a lot more than you normally would.

I suspect that in a couple weeks when Ben is healed, we will see less of an effort to run the football.

fansince'76
10-10-2011, 08:57 AM
I have a feeling that when your QB is hobbled like he was and you have a glass figurine as his backup....the plan becomes for him to hand it off a lot more than you normally would.

I suspect that in a couple weeks when Ben is healed, we will see less of an effort to run the football.

We ran it more against Seattle (35 rushes) and ran the same number of times against Indy (28 rushes) as we did yesterday (28 rushes). :noidea: