PDA

View Full Version : Ben is Digest Player of Week

stillers4me
10-09-2011, 04:23 PM
The statistics were impressive indeed – a 70.5 completion percentage, five touchdowns and a 116.2 passer rating – but the manner in which he played the game was exactly what the team needed at this particular point in the season. Quick decisions and quick throws were a big part of the Steelers offense in the win over the Titans, and the way it was executed had a lot to do with the 38-17 final score.

Ben Roethlisberger (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/team/roster/ben-roethlisberger/54dda34e-9e43-4c57-9397-1143ddced5d6/) is the Steelers Digest Player of the Week.............

Read more @
http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Ben-is-Digest-Player-of-Week/eda756f0-8968-43cb-9070-35d557e2e7f0

Psycho Ward 86
10-09-2011, 04:25 PM
well that was fast lol

Crow-Magnon
10-09-2011, 05:54 PM
No offense to the Steelers and their legion of fans, but could Roethlisberger's foot really have been all that hurt? Really?

Ben has been labeled a drama queen for quite a while. I'd like to see most NFL QB's be diagnosed with a possible fracture, then a sprain and be in a walking boot all week long....and then throw 5 TD's.

zulater
10-09-2011, 05:58 PM
No offense to the Steelers and their legion of fans, but could Roethlisberger's foot really have been all that hurt? Really?

Ben has been labeled a drama queen for quite a while. I'd like to see most NFL QB's be diagnosed with a possible fracture, then a sprain and be in a walking boot all week long....and then throw 5 TD's.

Guess he was faking that broken nose last year against your Ravens too?

Seriously adrenaline is a powerful drug, the guy's a warrior. Deal with it.

Carolina Steelers
10-09-2011, 06:00 PM
I agree sometimes hes labeled that way as a drama queen, but every footage ive seen all week he was limping, plus he hardly left the pocket this game usually hes all over the place, he stayed in the pocket today with good protection. Well the 5 Td's 4 of them were the short variety but he did complete like 70%. To me Ben is a warrior never takes a play off and never blames anyone but himself

Butch
10-09-2011, 06:06 PM

What you mean like how many QB's would play with a broken nose??? yeah I'm sure he was fakin' that one too right??? I think he's more than made up for that drama queen crap. I'm sure there aren't many QB's out there who could play the way Ben does, guess he's just a one of a kind.

Could you imagine if he were a ratbird??? Oh man I just threw up all over myself!!!

dislocatedday
10-09-2011, 06:18 PM

Ben is not "most QBs" though. "Most QBs" probably would not have played today. Ben gutted it out today, and the O-line stepped up as well and gave him protection. It also helped that there were more quick pass plays designed to get the ball out of Ben's hands quicker to reduce the likelihood of him taking more hits.

tube517
10-09-2011, 06:37 PM
Guess he was faking that broken nose last year against your Ravens too?

Seriously adrenaline is a powerful drug, the guy's a warrior. Deal with it.

:applaudit:

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

X-Terminator
10-09-2011, 07:02 PM

All you have to do is watch him on his TD pass to Johnson when he rolled out. His foot bothered him so much that he immediately limped off the field and didn't celebrate the TD. He was limping around all day long. So yeah, his foot really is hurt pretty bad. He's just not a pussy like most QBs in the league, and instead sucks it up and plays through the pain.

86WARD
10-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Nice. Between him, Dwyer and Starks in my book. Others that played very well: Ward, Heyward, Lewis...

steel striker
10-09-2011, 07:08 PM

Come on Crow put the hater-rade down for a minute and, did you notice him limping all over the place. Plus you should know first hand how tough Ben is.

beSteelmyheart
10-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Do you think that ESPN will be slobberin the Big Ben knob for playing injured like they slobbered over Tony Romo? I doubt it.

zulater
10-09-2011, 07:16 PM
All you have to do is watch him on his TD pass to Johnson when he rolled out. His foot bothered him so much that he immediately limped off the field and didn't celebrate the TD. He was limping around all day long. So yeah, his foot really is hurt pretty bad. He's just not a pussy like most QBs in the league, and instead sucks it up and plays through the pain.

I think Crow should get sat down for a week for heresy. :heh:

Crow-Magnon
10-09-2011, 08:09 PM
I think Crow should get sat down for a week for heresy. :heh:

Already have. It was my bye week! :rofl:

SteelerEmpire
10-09-2011, 08:14 PM
I just hope they can do something soon about that foot...

GBMelBlount
10-09-2011, 09:56 PM

Ben seems to play best when under extreme pressure / duress. All great athletes and competitors tend to.

Just curious, how well does Flacco perform in the clutch, even with healthy?

Austin87
10-10-2011, 03:32 AM
Big Ben is as tough a QB as you'll ever see.

Galax Steeler
10-10-2011, 03:40 AM
Big Ben is as tough a QB as you'll ever see.

Agreed

zulater
10-10-2011, 05:11 AM

On the third drive, he handed off to Isaac Redman and Jonathan Dwyer repeatedly to get to the Tennessee 1. Once there, he and Arians turned to one of those plays that had been a concern to Arians, a rollout to the right. Roethlisberger ran across to fire a touchdown to tight end David Johnson, then slowly limped to the Steelers' sideline, which conveniently was in the same direction. He hunched over in clear agony.

"Ben said he could do it," Arians said. "You saw that he could."

Anyone still think Roethlisberger is faking or milking these things?

The man was sacked 14 times through four games, hit 21 other times, crushed from the blind side at least four times, had his right knee bent sideways by a cheap shot, and still suited up Sunday.

What more does the irrational faction of his critics want?

Read more: Kovacevic: Big Ben embodies team resolve - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_761077.html#ixzz1aN8c4XQy

Look Crow, it's as if he's talking directly to you! :chuckle: