PDA

View Full Version : Stakes high for Steelers in Week 5

stillers4me
10-09-2011, 07:20 AM
The Steelers are sometimes hard to find inside their locker room on the South Side. They were especially elusive, if not distant, this week.

They did not want to relive their disjointed performance in Houston last Sunday. No one needed to remind them that their loss was decisively worse than the 17-10 final.

They had heard enough about Houston's 19-play, 95-yard scoring drive on the opening possession that left the tongues of the Steelers' defensive linemen hanging like neck ties.

No more talk of the mounting injuries -- including defensive end Aaron Smith (foot) and linebacker James Harrison (eye), both of whom are out indefinitely. The Steelers (2-2) were determined to focus on today's game against the surprising Tennessee Titans (3-1) at Heinz Field.

"We've got to win these AFC games -- no doubt about it," said running back Isaac Redman, the likely starter today ahead of Rashard Mendenhall, who spent much of the week nursing a sore hamstring. "The injuries can't be an excuse...................

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_760998.html

86WARD
10-09-2011, 07:41 AM
They lose today and it could be all downhill from here.

SteelerEmpire
10-09-2011, 09:03 AM
They lose today and it could be all downhill from here.

Yep. That's basically it. I'll lose confidence in them (for this year) if they drop this game... it's game #5 and their backs are already up against the wall.

stillers4me
10-09-2011, 09:58 AM
I'll never give up on them. Never.

JayC
10-09-2011, 10:06 AM
i won't give up on them unless we have 7 loses. with our below average 2nd half schedule we could go 5-0 down the stretch even if we were 5-6 or something. i just won't give up until then.