PDA

View Full Version : The O-fishal Tour de France Thread

Indo
06-29-2010, 01:37 PM
OK. LeTour is just around the corner.

Who is gonna be standing on the top of the podium in Paris?

Armstrong? Contador? Leipheimer? Evans? One of the Schlecks?

It's gonna be a good one---Contador is, arguably, one of the best (if not The Best) climber in the world right now. But Astana sucks as far as the "team" goes. The Shack, on the other hand, is hand-picked and coached by the Winningest (!) TdF Director Sportif ever.
Bruyneel is a master tactician. And Lance has no reason to hold back this year. On the contrary, I'm guessing he's gonna want to pound Contador into the ground.

Here's a good article:

http://www.versus.com/blogs/the-experts-opinion/phil-liggetts-take-on-the-next-possible-king-of-the-tour-de-france/

stlrtruck
06-30-2010, 12:48 PM
Since I'm new to cycling, I don't know all the intricacies of a good race team, but neighbor has been educating me on some of these names.

He thinks contador is going to take it but I honestly believe that Lance will pull through with the yellow jersey in Paris. And here's why. He's got a better team around him, his finish in the Tour De Suisse showed he still has it in him. I believe he used the last race to watch the competitors. Contador is going to be the challenger but his team will be his down fall.

I like Andy Schleck and I also like the guy that has the Captain America time trial bike (Zobriske - I believe) but I don't think either of them can compete over the long haul of the tour.

SCSTILLER
06-30-2010, 01:48 PM
You're right Indo, it is going to be a heck of a TDF. The competition between Contador and Armstrong is going to be fierce. Unfortunately I think that Contador can hold his own even against a superior team in the mountains. The Schleks are going to be a force, Cadel Evans finally has a great team surrounding him, and don't count out Christian Vandevelde of Garmin. He has a strong team around him also and from what I have read is fully recovered from his injuries. I cannot wait to see what happens.

Any sleepers out there that nobody is talking about?

BTW Indo, got permission to get a new bike from the boss. Here it is: http://www.cervelo.com/en_us/bikes/2010/RS/prices-specs/
only thing I am doing different is putting my Easton wheelset on it to replace the entry level Fulcrums that come on it

Indo
06-30-2010, 01:53 PM
You're right Indo, it is going to be a heck of a TDF. The competition between Contador and Armstrong is going to be fierce. Unfortunately I think that Contador can hold his own even against a superior team in the mountains. The Schleks are going to be a force, Cadel Evans finally has a great team surrounding him, and don't count out Christian Vandevelde of Garmin. He has a strong team around him also and from what I have read is fully recovered from his injuries. I cannot wait to see what happens.

BTW Indo, got permission to get a new bike from the boss. Here it is: http://www.cervelo.com/en_us/bikes/2010/RS/prices-specs/
only thing I am doing different is putting my Easton wheelset on it to replace the entry level Fulcrums that come on it

Sweet machine...

We'll see what happens. Contador will be tough. But I think Lance was in the race to promote the Livestrong message last year. He decided to ride late in the season and didn't train like he usually does. Contador acted like an asshat to him. Now he (Lance) has a mission...)

Aussie_steeler
06-30-2010, 03:49 PM

Cadel Evans has a couple of podium finishes over the past few tours

He has good form coming into the tour and yes finally he has something that resembling a team around him.

If he nails it in the first time trial he is going to be right in the mix of things. This guy is tough as nails and we Aussies have high hopes this year

Is it true - have I seen Alexander Vinakurov back cycling. His doping ban must have been served

Indo
06-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Yes, Vino has served his doping ban (2 year suspension)---I saw him riding in one of the Classics (he won Liege-Bastogne-Liege)

And yes, Evans will be a definite contender for the Yellow---with BMC he has some great support...including Hincapie

Saxobank can't be taken lightly, either

SCSTILLER
07-01-2010, 07:23 AM
Saxobank with the Schleck brothers are tough. Heck, they also have Voigt, Cancellera, Rasmussen, and O'Grady, that is one well rounded team when you throw in the domestiques. The think Saxobank is going to have to figure out is who is going to be their main man in the mountains. Last year I think Andy hurt himself dropping back to try to get his brother on the podium during the last big climb. One has to be the main man, and the other has to ride to support him, if that doesn't happen neither of them can win.

Indo, can you really blame Contador for treating Lance like an ass? I just would kind of compare it to Favre coming to the Steelers and trying to take over the team, how would Ben act? Don't get me wrong, Contador is not a team player one bit, and that is going to hurt him in the tour with the other strong teams out there.

Does HTC-Columbia have any real threats for the yellow this year? So far this season I just keep hearing in a couple of years this guy or that, and Tony Martin (I beleive it was him) didn't look good once the climbers started attacking in the Tour de Swiss

Indo
07-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Here's htc-Columbia's Tour team:

HTC - Columbia (THR)
(USA)
CAVENDISH Mark GBR
EISEL Bernhard AUT
GRABSCH Bert GER
HANSEN Adam AUS
MARTIN Tony GER
MONFORT Maxime BEL
RENSHAW Mark AUS
ROGERS Michael AUS
SIUTSOU Kanstantsin BLR

I don't know all of them, but I can't see any real contenders for the yellow.
I think Cavendish will take the Green and the team will be working for him on the flat-stages for his lead-out

Here are the rest of the Tour Rosters:

Ag2r - La Mondiale (ALM)
(FRA)
BOUET Maxime FRA
CHAMPION Dimitri FRA
ELMIGER Martin SUI
GADRET John FRA
LE LAY David FRA
MONDORY Lloyd FRA
NOCENTINI Rinaldo ITA
RIBLON Christophe FRA
ROCHE Nicolas IRL
Astana (AST)
(KAZ)
CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto ESP
DE LA FUENTE RASILLA David ESP
GRIVKO Andriy UKR
HERNANDEZ BLAZQUEZ Jesus ESP
IGLINSKIY Maxim KAZ
NAVARRO GARCIA Daniel ESP
NOVAL GONZALEZ Benjamin ESP
TIRALONGO Paolo ITA
VINOKOUROV Alexandre KAZ
Bbox - Bouygues Telecom (BBO)
(FRA)
ARASHIRO Yukiya JPN
CHARTEAU Anthony FRA
FEDRIGO Pierrick FRA
GAUTIER Cyril FRA
ROLLAND Pierre FRA
SPRICK Mathieu FRA
TURGOT Sébastien FRA
VOECKLER Thomas FRA
VOGONDY Nicolas FRA
BMC Racing (BMC)
(USA)
BALLAN Alessandro ITA
BOOKWALTER Brent USA
BURGHARDT Marcus GER
EVANS Cadel AUS
FRANK Mathias SUI
HINCAPIE George USA
KROON Karsten NED
MORABITO Steve SUI
SANTAMBROGIO Mauro ITA
Cofidis, le Credit en Ligne (COF)
(FRA)
AUGE Stéphane FRA
DUMOULIN Samuel FRA
EL FARES Julien FRA
KERN Christophe FRA
MINARD Sébastien FRA
MOINARD Amaël FRA
MONIER Damien FRA
PAURIOL Rémi FRA
TAARAMÄE Rein EST
Cervélo Test Team (CTT)
(SUI)
FLORENCIO CABRE Xavier ESP
GUSTOV Volodymir UKR
HUNT Jeremy GBR
HUSHOVD Thor NOR
KLIER Andreas GER
KONOVALOVAS Ignatas LTU
LANCASTER Brett AUS
LLOYD Daniel GBR
SASTRE CANDIL Carlos ESP
Euskaltel - Euskadi (EUS)
(ESP)
ISASI FLORES Iñaki ESP
MARTINEZ DE ESTEBAN Egoi ESP
OROZ UGALDE Juan Jose ESP
PEREZ LEZAUN Alan ESP
PEREZ MORENO Ruben ESP
SANCHEZ GONZALEZ Samuel ESP
TXURRUKA ANSOLA Amets ESP
VELASCO MURILLO Ivan ESP
VERDUGO MARCOTEGUI Gorka ESP
Française des Jeux (FDJ)
(FRA)
CASAR Sandy FRA
DI GREGORIO Rémy FRA
GESLIN Anthony FRA
LADAGNOUS Matthieu FRA
LE MEVEL Christophe FRA
ROUX Anthony FRA
ROY Jérémy FRA
SULZBERGER Wesley AUS
VAUGRENARD Benoît FRA
Footon - Servetto (FOT)
(ESP)
BENITEZ ROMAN Jose Alberto ESP
CAPECCHI Eros ITA
CARDOSO Manuel Antonio Leal POR
CHEULA Giampaolo ITA
DURAN AROCA Arkaitz ESP
EIBEGGER Markus AUT
FELLINE Fabio ITA
MAYOZ ETXEBERRIA Iban ESP
VALLS FERRI Rafael ESP
Caisse d'Epargne (GCE)
(ESP)
ERVITI OLLO Imanol ESP
FARIA COSTA Rui Alberto POR
GUTIERREZ PALACIOS Jose Ivan ESP
KIRYIENKA Vasil BLR
MOREAU Christophe FRA
PERGET Mathieu FRA
PLAZA MOLINA Ruben ESP
ROJAS GIL Jose Joaquin ESP
SANCHEZ GIL Luis Leon ESP
Garmin - Transitions (GRM)
(USA)
DEAN Julian NZL
FARRAR Tyler USA
HESJEDAL Ryder CAN
HUNTER Robert RSA
MAASKANT Martijn NED
MILLAR David GBR
VANDE VELDE Christian USA
VANSUMMEREN Johan BEL
ZABRISKIE David USA
Katusha (KAT)
(RUS)
BRUTT Pavel RUS
IVANOV Serguei RUS
KARPETS Vladimir RUS
KOLOBNEV Alexandr RUS
MCEWEN Robbie AUS
PLIUSCHIN Alexandre MDA
RODRIGUEZ OLIVER Joaquin ESP
VANDENBERGH Stijn BEL
VORGANOV Eduard RUS
Lampre - Farnese Vini (LAM)
(ITA)
BOLE Grega SLO
CUNEGO Damiano ITA
DA DALTO Mauro ITA
GAVAZZI Francesco ITA
HONDO Danilo GER
LORENZETTO Mirco ITA
MALORI Adriano ITA
PETACCHI Alessandro ITA
SPILAK Simon SLO
Liquigas - Doimo (LIQ)
(ITA)
BASSO Ivan ITA
BELLOTTI Francesco ITA
KREUZIGER Roman CZE
KUSCHYNSKI Aleksandr BLR
OSS Daniel ITA
PELLIZOTTI Franco ITA
QUINZIATO Manuel ITA
SZMYD Sylwester POL
VANDBORG Brian Bach DEN
Milram (MRM)
(GER)
CIOLEK Gerald GER
FRÖHLINGER Johannes GER
GERDEMANN Linus GER
KLUGE Roger GER
KNEES Christian GER
ROBERTS Luke AUS
ROHREGGER Thomas AUT
TERPSTRA Niki NED
WEGMANN Fabian GER
OmegaPharma - Lotto (OLO)
(BEL)
AERTS Mario BEL
DE GREEF Francis BEL
DELAGE Mickael FRA
LANG Sebastian GER
LLOYD Matthew AUS
MORENO FERNANDEZ Daniel ESP
ROELANDTS Jürgen BEL
VAN DEN BROECK Jurgen BEL
WEGELIUS Charles GBR
Quick Step (QST)
(BEL)
BARREDO LLAMAZALES Carlos ESP
CHAVANEL Sylvain FRA
DE WEERT Kevin BEL
DEVENYNS Dries BEL
PINEAU Jérôme FRA
SEELDRAEYERS Kevin BEL
VAN DE WALLE Jurgen BEL
WEYLANDT Wouter BEL
WYNANTS Maarten BEL
Rabobank (RAB)
(NED)
BOOM Lars NED
FREIRE GOMEZ Oscar ESP
GARATE CEPA Juan Manuel ESP
GESINK Robert NED
MENCHOV Denis RUS
MOERENHOUT Koos NED
NIERMANN Grischa GER
TANKINK Bram NED
TJALLINGII Maarten NED
RadioShack (RSH)
(USA)
ARMSTRONG Lance USA
BRAJKOVIC Janez SLO
HORNER Chris USA
KLÖDEN Andreas GER
LEIPHEIMER Levi USA
MURAVYEV Dmitriy KAZ
PAULINHO Sergio Miguel Moreira POR
POPOVYCH Yaroslav UKR
RAST Grégory SUI
Saxo Bank (SAX)
(DEN)
BRESCHEL Matti DEN
CANCELLARA Fabian SUI
FUGLSANG Jakob DEN
O'GRADY Stuart AUS
SCHLECK Andy LUX
SCHLECK Fränk LUX
SÖRENSEN Chris Anker DEN
SÖRENSEN Nicki DEN
VOIGT Jens GER
Sky (SKY)
(GBR)
BARRY Michael CAN
BOASSON HAGEN Edvald NOR
CUMMINGS Stephen GBR
FLECHA GIANNONI Juan Antonio ESP
GERRANS Simon AUS
LÖFKVIST Thomas SWE
PAUWELS Serge BEL
THOMAS Geraint GBR
WIGGINS Bradley GBR
HTC - Columbia (THR)
(USA)
CAVENDISH Mark GBR
EISEL Bernhard AUT
GRABSCH Bert GER
HANSEN Adam AUS
MARTIN Tony GER
MONFORT Maxime BEL
RENSHAW Mark AUS
ROGERS Michael AUS
SIUTSOU Kanstantsin BLR

http://www.versus.com/blogs/2010-tour-de-france-and-cycling-events/the-teams-and-rosters-for-the-2010-tour-de-france/

I see your point about Contador, he handled it poorly and caused a lot of in-fighting on the team. He attacked his team's yellow jersey! And when he got it, Lance backed off and did not attack him...

Aussie_steeler
07-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Cavendish is going to be a beast in the sprints, particularly with Rogers and Renshaw. Rogers is one of the stronger lead out men around

stlrtruck
07-02-2010, 09:38 AM

Dude sweet ride. I just bought a 2009 Bottechia off ebay. Not bad for my first ever road bike. Took it out last Saturday and road 50 miles (3H 7M 50S), and probably by the end of summer will be riding in some B Groups locally.

I'd like to see Zobriskie, take a few sprints. I like his Captain America sprint helmet. I was impressed watching him in the Tour De Suisse.

Cavendish is going to be a beast in the sprints, particularly with Rogers and Renshaw. Rogers is one of the stronger lead out men around

Cavendish needs to hold his line better than he did at the Tour De Suisse. That wreck was a thing of beauty. I'd love to know what he was thinking to jump out that far. Not sure if he thought he had the clearing or what.

Doesn't matter, I can't wait for the prologue to start tomorrow!

Killer
07-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Le Tour - the contenders

Alberto Contador, the favourite and defending champion, lines up in an Astana team that is something of a mystery package, with the exception of the man who is likely to be his most valuable ally: Alexandre Vinokourov.

http://img.skysports.com/09/07/496x259/podium_2339610.jpg

We all know Vino, but for the wrong reasons, after he exited his last Tour, in 2007, in disgrace, having been busted for blood doping. Even die-hard fans of the Spaniard must have mixed feelings about the prospect of a Vino-flanked Contador riding to victory.

But it might not happen, because the early stages, especially the cobbles on stage three, throw up the kind of hazards that are not to Contador's liking, and could prove his undoing.
Flatter to decieve

On the other hand, it is the kind of terrain - and challenge - that Lance Armstrong loves. Contador has identified the American seven-time winner as his number one rival, which could have a lot to do with the windy, cobbled early stages - exactly the sort of stages in which Armstrong and his Radioshack team could launch an ambush.

Then again, Armstrong has flattered to deceive this year. Actually, that's being kind: other than finishing second at the recent Tour de Suisse, he has done nothing to suggest he can win this Tour, far less to justify Contador's "strongest rival" claim.

Although the same could be said last year, when he ended up third, this year his main strength appears to be that he has other cards to play. Levi Leipheimer and Andreas Kloden, both podium finishers in the past, are getting on a bit to be included in the A-list of contenders, but, together with Armstrong, they could put Contador under pressure. And this much is certain: Armstrong will use any opportunity he can to give Contador a tough time, on any stage, and with any combination of Radioshack riders.

Then there are the Schleck brothers, Andy, second last year, and Frank. It is the elder of the two, Frank, who has shown more consistent form this season, winning the Tour de Suisse. Yet Frank has never really looked like a Tour winner - unlike Andy.

Andy has had what can kindly be described as an enigmatic season. Injury disrupted it, and he admitted, in his blog on Cyclingnews this week, that his preparation has "been very good - not excellent." It wasn't helped, either, by a crash last week. He hit a rock in the road - at least it wasn't a black cat.

Interestingly, Schleck junior seems to be banking on hitting his best form in the tough final week in the Pyrenees. Which might be a good strategy - unless disaster strikes in the cobbles or crosswinds of northern Europe in week one.

And there is another intriguing subplot to the Schleck challenge: the news, leaked this week, that they could be joining a new Luxembourg-based team in 2011. Bjarne Riis, their boss at Saxo Bank, was caught on the hop by this - he also lost his senior director, Kim Andersen, who has already committed himself to this new venture - and he appears to be fizzing.

It suggests team disharmony at Saxo Bank, which is hardly ideal going into a three-week Tour. Just ask Contador - last year his greatest challenge, as he admitted afterwards, was "the hotel." In other words, the atmosphere in his team - with Armstrong apparently seeking to undermine the Spaniard at every opportunity - almost defeated him.
Indeed, the fact that Contador prevailed, despite everything he had to overcome last year, is precisely why he is the strong favourite. Yet he is the strong favourite who could be out of it by Tuesday evening, thanks to those cobbles.

Contador, Armstrong and Andy Schleck are the obvious favourites - and also the riders who finished on the podium last year. Of the others, Bradley Wiggins will lead Team Sky and aim to better his fourth-place finish last year - but he remains, after a quiet but well-planned build up, and with only that performance to go by, a largely unknown quantity, and he needs a high overall placing (not necessarily as high as last year, but top ten at a minimum) to confirm his status as a serious Grand Tour contender.

Ivan Basso, the recent Giro d'Italia winner, also seems a strong bet for the podium - he has been there before, before his doping ban. And Cadel Evans, twice second in the past, is having his best ever season - again, a win seems unlikely, but it would be a surprise if he didn't finish near the podium.

Podium finishes for Carlos Sastre, the 2008 winnner, and Denis Menchov, the 2009 Giro winner, would be astonishing, since both have been all but invisible.

http://www.skysports.com/opinion/story/0,25212,16299_6240472,00.html

------------------------

Contador owns Lance

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-11-2010, 11:47 AM
Interesting first big stage in the Alps today. Team Astana controlled most of the day on the climbs, but Schleck showed a bit more of an ability to climb away from Contador at the end.........which makes things interesting.

Lance lost over 10 minutes, so it looks like its gonna be between Schleck, Contador and Evans this year. Tuesday is gonna be another big day as the Col de Marie Blanc is a wall of a mountain.

Aussie_steeler
07-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Interesting first big stage in the Alps today. Team Astana controlled most of the day on the climbs, but Schleck showed a bit more of an ability to climb away from Contador at the end.........which makes things interesting.

Lance lost over 10 minutes, so it looks like its gonna be between Schleck, Contador and Evans this year. Tuesday is gonna be another big day as the Col de Marie Blanc is a wall of a mountain.

Very interesting stage today GONZ.

Crash in the first 6kms that brought down Evans and a few others.

Team SKY tried to control the first climb for Bradley Wiggins, which backfired badly.

Astana ( most importantly Navarro) dominated the two final climbs to absolutely destroy the hopes on 98% of the tour riders today. How interesting was it to see Alexander Vinkourov ride as a domestique today.

At best there are probably only 5 riders left that can now theoretically win this tour. In reality there may only be three.

Saxobank conserved a bit more energy today (compared to Astana) and Andy Schleck showed the power that he has in the final kilometre. I was surprised to see Contador left in his slipstream. Evans was caught out by the attack and was dropped badly. To his credit he muscled his way back onto the group and accelerated to get back on Contadors wheel.

It is probably a bit early in the race for Evans to be in Yellow and his team may not be strong enough to help him over the next few stages. Hincappie will be invaluable for Evans on the flat stages but Evans will need to shadow Schleck and Contadors every move over the next few days.

Sad in a way to see Armstrong fall so many times. Today was the end of an Era in world cycling. Armstrong was totally blown out of the race.

Gonz- I desperately want to see Evans hang onto the yellow but I think he would gladly give the yellow to Schleck and sit back and wait for the final timetrial to make his move.

I love this time of year GOnz. Unfortunately there are many late nights ahead for me.

Indo
07-12-2010, 11:47 AM
A few years back I remember thinking that Andy Schleck would win the Yellow in the next 3-5 years. After seeing him just pull away from Contador I think that this might be his year. But Contador certainly isn't out yet. Neither is Evans. There's a whole lot of Tour left...

As for Lance---
He just didn't/doesn't seem to have the same Focus and Intensity as he has in past Tours. There was No Way he was going to lose in the past. This year he kept saying, "We'll see".
Either the run of bad luck (and all the crashes---something he has avoided up until now) or the Lack of Focus/ Intensity has finally caught up with him (perhaps the lack of Focus is what lead to all of the crashes?). An article in Bicycling Magazine describes the situation very well---he has become a Super-Domestique for Levi. While I do like Levi, I don't think he can beat Schleck or Contador (maybe he can beat Evans)...
Schleck has the added motivation of riding for his brother Frank, who has crashed-out with a fractured collarbone. He's my pick to win.

EDIT:
Aussie---you may be right about Evans pulling it out in the TT. Schleck can't TT very well and I think Contador, while getting better at it, got lucky last year in the TT (his arrogance in thinking that he has it "in the bag" will be his undoing)

Col de la Madeleine Tomorrow-----first HC climb

should be a good one

http://www.letour.fr/indexus.html

Killer
07-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Lance crashed - then he cracked on the first big climb - then he crashed again - that was all she wrote.

Killer
07-13-2010, 10:37 PM
Down to 2 now.

Schleck and Contador are strong.

Cadel Evans bonked on the Col de la Madeleine

Overall standings after Stage 9

1.SCHLECK A.SAX 43h 35' 41"
2.CONTADOR A.AST 00' 41"
3.SANCHEZ S.EUS0 2' 45"
4.MENCHOV D.RAB0 2' 58"
5.VAN DEN BROECK J.OLO0 3' 31"
6.LEIPHEIMER L.RSH0 3' 59"
7.GESINK R.RAB0 4' 22"
8.SANCHEZ L.GCE0 4' 41"
9.RODRIGUEZ OLIVER J.KAT0 5' 08"
10.BASSO I.LIQ0 5' 09"

Indo
07-15-2010, 12:43 PM
And then there were Two...

Both Schleck and Contador look good. But Andy looks a little better---Although Contador has been responding well, seems to me that Schleck is doing all of the attacking.

He's up 41 seconds. You know what they say about the Maillot Jaune---it gives the wearer Superhuman Strength. I think if Andy is still wearing it for the Time Trial he will win the Tour. We will see the TT ride of his Life...

I have always liked him, but watching him on the Col de la Madeleine, I am convinced that Jens Voight is a Beast! Watching the Pain on his face as he pulled Schleck up that monster was impressive...

I haven't seen Stage 11 yet----but apparently Renshaw was Banished (DQ'd) for headbutting during the final sprint. Not even Relegated to last on the Stage----but DQ'd from the Tour. Harsh.

(No video---just the story)
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5g7SCYvqFYiilR1VzQrcyIJh1jEew

stlrtruck
07-16-2010, 12:58 PM
Contador gained 10 seconds on Andy today during the ending climb. But Contador pedaled behind Andy for most of the ride, then broke out with only a bit of road left to climb. Andy didn't pursue him with any urgency.

However, I noticed the other day that Andy had Contador struggling up the mountain so I can only hope that Team Saxo Bank and Andy put the pressure on Contador as they head into the Pyreness this weekend.

Sick 'em Andy!!!

stlrtruck
07-16-2010, 12:59 PM
And then there were Two...

Both Schleck and Contador look good. But Andy looks a little better---Although Contador has been responding well, seems to me that Schleck is doing all of the attacking.

He's up 41 seconds. You know what they say about the Maillot Jaune---it gives the wearer Superhuman Strength. I think if Andy is still wearing it for the Time Trial he will win the Tour. We will see the TT ride of his Life...

I have always liked him, but watching him on the Col de la Madeleine, I am convinced that Jens Voight is a Beast! Watching the Pain on his face as he pulled Schleck up that monster was impressive...

I haven't seen Stage 11 yet----but apparently Renshaw was Banished (DQ'd) for headbutting during the final sprint. Not even Relegated to last on the Stage----but DQ'd from the Tour. Harsh.

(No video---just the story)
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5g7SCYvqFYiilR1VzQrcyIJh1jEew

Renshaw looked like he was in a wrestling match and then tried to "explain" that he needed to do that to stay upright. Don't know if he should have been DQ'd but his moves were very unprofessional.

Indo
07-19-2010, 09:06 AM
I watched the video of Renshaw over and over. I agree with the DQ.
Shoulder bumping happens all the time in the sprints, but I haven't ever seen headbutting like that. In and of itself, the headbutting should have gotten him relegated to last place for that stage.
BUT---he then blatantly cut-off Tyler Farrar and nearly rode him into the wall...The very thing that he was accusing Dean of doing and the alleged reason for him headbutting Dean---
I think it probably was the combination of actions that got him DQ'd from the race. While I'm not a big fan of the Frenchy French, the Tour organizers have to do their best to keep it safe for the riders, and DQing him, IMO, sent a strong message that they won't tolerate that kind of behavior.

Although Contador has regained 10 seconds on Schleck, he still can't make the big break-away...They both look good and it will come down to the Time Trial.
Can the Maillot jaune give Andy the Ride of his Life?

More brutal climbs today

SCSTILLER
09-08-2010, 12:30 PM
Missed the whole tour this year, and was not happy about it. Had to go to Knoxville, TN for a training course and they didn't have Versus up there. That sucked! But on the bright side though for my cycling friends, I was able to puchase a new bike when I got home. I bought the Cervelo RS, full carbon, Ultegra, and upgraded the wheels to Easton EA70s. I love that bike

stlrtruck
09-08-2010, 02:29 PM
Missed the whole tour this year, and was not happy about it. Had to go to Knoxville, TN for a training course and they didn't have Versus up there. That sucked! But on the bright side though for my cycling friends, I was able to puchase a new bike when I got home. I bought the Cervelo RS, full carbon, Ultegra, and upgraded the wheels to Easton EA70s. I love that bike

Let's see a pic!

SCSTILLER
09-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Let's see a pic!

No pic, but here is the website. I got the black and silver one, absolutely beautiful!

http://www.cervelo.com/en_us/bikes/2010/RS/

stlrtruck
09-09-2010, 12:33 PM
I'm jealous!

SCSTILLER
09-09-2010, 04:26 PM
She is a great ride. Getting ready to go up to NC and ride mt. Mitchell on it. That will be the true test of how she rides

stlrtruck
09-10-2010, 08:28 AM
I've had to cut back my riding, did something to my right leg that's killing me. IT SUCKS!

Good luck on the ride. Hit GA for 6-Gap, that should be a good test too.

SCSTILLER
09-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Awes man, I was signed up for six gap but the Air Force has me working Sundays right now so I had to sell my ticket, oh well.

Sorry to hear that u can't ride right now. I was having probe with my knees on the old bike then I went and got it fitted for me and it cured all the ails on the bike. Something to consider if u haven't already.

stlrtruck
09-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Awes man, I was signed up for six gap but the Air Force has me working Sundays right now so I had to sell my ticket, oh well.

Sorry to hear that u can't ride right now. I was having probe with my knees on the old bike then I went and got it fitted for me and it cured all the ails on the bike. Something to consider if u haven't already.

I'll take it in to consideration. Right now the aches and pains have grown so I have a VA appointment on Tuesday to get it checked out.

Sorry to hear about 6-Gap, maybe next year you and I can hit it together (well I'll be with my neighbor) but I hope you know what I mean.

SCSTILLER
09-17-2010, 09:25 AM
Hope they find a cure for what ails you soon. I am miserable if i cannot ride, it is my prozak.

Keep me in mind about six gap next year and if i am doing it we could ride together for awhile.

stlrtruck
09-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Hope they find a cure for what ails you soon. I am miserable if i cannot ride, it is my prozak.

Keep me in mind about six gap next year and if i am doing it we could ride together for awhile.

Yeah it's killing me not to be able to workout (crossfit training) and not ride too. Crossfit I can do okay with out, but not riding just sucks. Especially when everytime I walk out to get laundry my bike is hanging there from the ceiling.

I'll let you know about 6-gap next year.

SCSTILLER
09-29-2010, 11:18 AM
Yeah it's killing me not to be able to workout (crossfit training) and not ride too. Crossfit I can do okay with out, but not riding just sucks. Especially when everytime I walk out to get laundry my bike is hanging there from the ceiling.

I'll let you know about 6-gap next year.

Yes it does! I call my bikes my Prozac Pills, if I am in a bad mood I just go ride it out and I am all better.