PDA

View Full Version : Timmons ready to step outside

stillers4me
10-08-2011, 06:05 AM
Dick LeBeau has been around long enough to know that moving from inside to outside linebacker in his 3-4 zone-blitzing scheme will be a "significant adjustment" for Lawrence Timmons.

Timmons isn't about to disagree with the significance of the move for Sunday's game against Tennessee at Heinz Field, but he isn't buying the adjustment part.

"It is easier for me because I've done it before," Timmons said.

With James Harrison out several weeks with a broken orbital bone that required surgery, the Steelers will shift their leading tackler from a year ago from inside linebacker to outside, which he played regularly in college.

"He has true game experience outside," LeBeau said. "He has played outside linebacker in the National Football League and just not a snap or two. We feel good about the experience factor there.".................

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_760850.html

Count Steeler
10-08-2011, 06:18 AM
Is it just me or is Timmons lighter this year? He looks trimmer than I remember last year. The outside may be better for him. Think this leaves us vulnerable up the middle though.

86WARD
10-08-2011, 06:59 AM
Very vulnerable.

ALLD
10-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Timmons was turning out to be the second best player on D.

Psycho Ward 86
10-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Well, this was his original purpose when we drafted him. Let's see what he's got. He HAS blitzed from the OLB position occasionally in previous years...

steel striker
10-08-2011, 08:30 AM
I think Timmons will have a good game but, the middle is a big concern. The defense has to tackle better and, win the battle in the trenches. Maybe this is the game that the defense will force some turn overs.

XxKnightxX
10-08-2011, 09:11 AM
I think Foote and Farrior are good at run support but any checkdowns and deep seam routes are going to be trouble if the Secondary has to play deep coverage. Im comfortable and not too concerned with the move. Sylvesters time should also increase .

X-Terminator
10-08-2011, 09:15 AM
Sylvester has to get on the field more this week - I'm also not comfortable at all with Foote and Potsie out in open space. If the Titans have a half-decent TE, he could have a huge day with those two in coverage.

Psycho Ward 86
10-08-2011, 09:41 AM
Sylvester has to get on the field more this week - I'm also not comfortable at all with Foote and Potsie out in open space. If the Titans have a half-decent TE, he could have a huge day with those two in coverage.

Jared Cook is far beyond half decent sadly for us

The Duke
10-08-2011, 09:52 AM
Jared Cook is far beyond half decent sadly for us

thing about Cook is they barely throw any passes at him (like Heath)

even with Scaife gone this year he is still vastly underused. And the titans are throwing much more with Hasselbeck this year

of course, a game against farrior and foote in coverage could change that. I still expect Timmons to be in coverage at time tomorrow though. James do

XxKnightxX
10-08-2011, 11:06 AM

even with Scaife gone this year he is still vastly underused. And the titans are throwing much more with Hasselbeck this year

of course, a game against farrior and foote in coverage could change that. I still expect Timmons to be in coverage at time tomorrow though. James do

Did you know hes allergic to grass? I wouldnt mow whatever grass is left in Heinz If i was the Rooneys lol

Psycho Ward 86
10-08-2011, 01:09 PM

agreed. id have to say the titans have the most underrated group of tight ends in the league. Craig Stevens and Jared Cook are some really athletic pass catchers. Cook in particularly can take it all the way from anywhere on the field, and he's shown that already this season in what few opportunities he gets. And of course Graham is often considered the best blocking tight end in the game. Damn i wish we couldve nabbed him from the Titans.

Galax Steeler
10-09-2011, 07:29 AM

I agree I would love to see Sylvester get on the field I think he will be a good player for us.