PDA

View Full Version : Casey Hampton, Aaron Smith, Mewelde Moore, Kris Kemoeatu, all listed out for Sunday

zulater
10-07-2011, 06:48 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7071621/pittsburgh-steelers-aaron-smith-casey-hampton

:dizzy:Shit!

Psycho Ward 86
10-07-2011, 06:55 PM
wtf, what's wrong with Hampton??? Replacement???

zulater
10-07-2011, 06:58 PM
wtf, what's wrong with Hampton??? Replacement???

I guess he must have got hurt in practice? This is the first I heard of it. Chris Hoke as usual will act as substitute.

zulater
10-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Starting defensive linemen Casey Hampton (shoulder) and Aaron Smith (foot) and starting left guard Chris Kemoeatu (knee) will not play in Sunday's game against the Tennessee Titans.

Also ruled out are reserve running back Mewelde Moore (ankle) and reserve linebacker Jason Worilds (quadriceps).

Starting running back Rashard Mendenhall (hamstring) is questionable as is reserve defensive back Cortez Allen (ankle). Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (foot) is listed as probable.

Ziggy Hood is expected to start in place of Smith at defensive end. Brett Keisel, who is returning from a knee injury, will start at the other defensive end position. Chris Hoke or Steve McClendon will start in place of Hampton at nose tackle.

Doug Legursky will start at left guard for Kemoeatu.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11280/1180441-100.stm#ixzz1a91AKueX

tube517
10-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Hey, Jonathan Scott is active!

:chuckle:

Shoes
10-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Bunch of old farts :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
10-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Mclendon and Hoke? Let's hope they do a better job than Hampton has been doing this season. Jesus, i didnt imagine that the level of production could drop so hard in two old fogeys (Hampton and Smith) in the span of one year.

Steeltreal
10-07-2011, 07:26 PM
I'd call it 7 since Woodley still hasnt shown up this season.

slippy
10-07-2011, 07:42 PM
wow, houston beat the hell out of us! never in a million seasons did i think i would ever type that ...

The Duke
10-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Hoke and McClendon did a terrific job against CJ last year, let's just hope for a repeat performance

GoSlash27
10-07-2011, 08:07 PM
... So we have no O-line, the QB is questionable, and Redman is starting at RB? Oddly enough, I'm not as troubled by that as I thought I would be.
/ RRRRRRRRRRRRRREDZOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!

Merchant
10-07-2011, 08:15 PM
Meh. Watch the tape.. it's ridiculous how much Hampton was getting pushed around. Even by smaller Centres like Jeff Saturday.

BigNastyDefense
10-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Daaaaaamn! The Steelers are turning into one big MASH unit!

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-07-2011, 08:46 PM
wow, houston beat the hell out of us! never in a million seasons did i think i would ever type that ...
Steelers are no longer a physical team. The Defense at least has been physical the past couple seasons, but Harrison, Smith, Hampton, Farrior, Foote have all been injured or ready for retirement.

I actually am liking the prospects of Steve mcLendon over Hoke.

86WARD
10-07-2011, 08:50 PM
When was Hampton injured?

tube517
10-07-2011, 09:04 PM

In the team cafeteria trying to get seconds

Psycho Ward 86
10-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Hoke and McClendon did a terrific job against CJ last year, let's just hope for a repeat performance

I actually am liking the prospects of Steve mcLendon over Hoke.

i love the upside on the kid, but just not sure what to make of him because he hasnt played enough

Count Steeler
10-07-2011, 09:09 PM
So will we see Sylvester at ILB this week? Foote and Farrior won't last the full game. Worilds is out, so Timmons goes OLB. I hope the offense is ready to score some points.

7willBheaven
10-07-2011, 09:30 PM

I think he's had a nagging shoulder injury for a week or 2 now (not sure which)...someone landing on it or he landed wrong during a game.

7willBheaven
10-07-2011, 09:31 PM
... So we have no O-line, the QB is questionable, and Redman is starting at RB? Oddly enough, I'm not as troubled by that as I thought I would be.
/ RRRRRRRRRRRRRREDZOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!

Nobody has said Redman is starting...Mendy could still play/start...its suppose to be a game time decision.

BlastFurnace
10-07-2011, 10:15 PM
We won't miss Hampton at all. I'm more than comfortable with Hoke and McClendon.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-07-2011, 10:41 PM
i love the upside on the kid, but just not sure what to make of him because he hasnt played enough

He isnt the classic Steeler NT. He is listed at 6'4 280, but looks thicker than that. He's no Hamton or Joel Steed, but I like his motor to get upfield and break plays up. Not sure if he is a guy that handles 2 gaps or commands double teams yet.

I think he plays with more leverage and energy than Hoke does.

katmandu
10-08-2011, 12:04 AM
Let's hope they do a better job than Hampton has been doing this season. Jesus, i didnt imagine that the level of production could drop so hard in two old fogeys (Hampton and Smith) in the span of one year.Opponents have been deploying the chop block much more so this season on Big Snack. That's the main reason he's been ineffective this year.

oneforthetoe
10-08-2011, 12:05 AM
He isnt the classic Steeler NT. He is listed at 6'4 280, but looks thicker than that. He's no Hamton or Joel Steed, but I like his motor to get upfield and break plays up. Not sure if he is a guy that handles 2 gaps or commands double teams yet.

I think he plays with more leverage and energy than Hoke does.

I thought last year that he reminded me of the NT from Dallas (whose name escapes me as I type). Most 3-4 NTs are in the "Big Snack" or Vince Wilfork (the int machine that he is) style (i.e. 330+). However, there are a few in the smaller frame style that are effective - that is, if you can use the term smaller to describe someone a couple nickles short of 300.

7willBheaven
10-08-2011, 01:26 AM
I thought last year that he reminded me of the NT from Dallas (whose name escapes me as I type). Most 3-4 NTs are in the "Big Snack" or Vince Wilfork (the int machine that he is) style (i.e. 330). However, there are a few in the smaller frame style that are effective - that is, if you can use the term smaller to describe someone a couple nickles short of 300.

Jay Ratliff

oneforthetoe
10-08-2011, 02:19 AM
Jay Ratliff

Thank you. Of course. I could of looked that up, but I guess I was too lazy to Google.

How sad is that?;)

Psycho Ward 86
10-08-2011, 08:38 AM
So will we see Sylvester at ILB this week? Foote and Farrior won't last the full game. Worilds is out

uh why wouldnt they

43Hitman
10-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Daaaaaamn! The Steelers are turning into one big MASH unit!

<--------- Yep, hence the custom tag.

Count Steeler
10-08-2011, 03:05 PM
uh why wouldnt they

Well neither one has played a full game yet. Not sure if that is conditioning or their level of play has dropped off. So it would be overly optimistic to think that the 2 of them will play the whole game AND be effective for the whole game. Rotation with Sylvester is my thinking.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-08-2011, 04:23 PM
I'd rather see Carter or Sylvester on the outside and Timmons back at ILB if Foote or Farrior need a couple plays off. I think Sylvester plays too high inside, but has skillz to be a better olb

Psycho Ward 86
10-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Well neither one has played a full game yet. Not sure if that is conditioning or their level of play has dropped off. So it would be overly optimistic to think that the 2 of them will play the whole game AND be effective for the whole game.

Coaches decision. Tomlin's been trying to optimize the older vets' play by limiting their practice and game time for years now. Play a whole game AND be effective? Let's just worry about them being effective...and Sly better play some severely limited snaps at ILB because he only shows flashes of good play in the preseason against backups. Foote and Farrior are far and beyond our best ILB's as long as Timmons isnt there and there's no reason to compromise that because they need a "breather." Especially Farrior, who's well known to have an absolutely rigorous offseason conditioning program under Tom Shaw with Ike Taylor to stay in incredible shape.

Iron Steeler
10-08-2011, 08:24 PM
Well the only good thing I get put of this is that the younger guys get to have reps finally. That's the one thing that annoyed me about the Steelers. They never want to pepper in some rookies to get there game legs under them