PDA

View Full Version : By now you've probably realized...

The Patriot
06-29-2010, 12:54 PM
...that BP is focusing on collecting oil right now rather than capping the well. They've had this leaking "cap" over the well for 3 weeks now, but they won't seal off the flow because the increase in pressure would make it impossible for them to siphon the oil. That's right, they're content with letting 40% of the oil leak out into the Gulf as long as they're getting 60% of it.

Look at this thing!
http://www.cnn.com/video/flashLive/live.html?stream=stream/3

Do you think a thousand guys being paid to pick up tarballs on a beach are gonna be able to compete with that rate of flow?! :frusty: This so called "relief effort" is a goddamn sham! They're gonna let it flow until the pressure subsides, and they're gonna fool the public into believing that they're "trying" by showing a couple boats spraying chemicals on the water. :upyours:

The government isn't doing anything.

Obama isn't doing anything.

We've reached the point in our society where the survival of a corporation or bank is so vital that we will laden their fuck ups on the backs of ordinary people who had nothing to do with anything.

X-Terminator
06-29-2010, 01:08 PM
This disaster and the resulting epic fail of a response makes you wonder if there really is some kind of agenda in play. I mean, how else could you explain it? The government waited over a month before they did anything at all. The governor of Louisiana is STILL fighting the feds about building sand berms to try to absorb the oil. They've refused help from other countries that are better equipped at dealing with these disasters, not to mention trying innovative ideas from other people. Plus, let's not forget all of the shortcuts that BP was allowed to take, doing an end-around environmental regulations in order to save money. Yeah, it all sounded crazy at first, but it doesn't anymore. There is a LOT of blame to go around, from BP to the EPA, all the way to the White House.

If anything, this will finally show that it doesn't matter who gets sent to Washington, the end result is always the same. The people get sodomized without any lube.

Mach1
06-29-2010, 02:31 PM
And obaaaama is focused on his golf game.

vasteeler
06-29-2010, 04:14 PM
wtf

The Patriot
06-29-2010, 09:35 PM
Why do we even have the Army Corps of Engineers?! If I was president, they'd be building a giant containment tank.

BigNastyDefense
06-29-2010, 09:44 PM
I really need a new job. I work at a gas station. It's an ampm station that sells bp gasoline. The station is owned by Lehigh Gas out of Pennsylvania, they bought it when bp franchised off their stations. But if bp goes under.....what happens to the station I work at? I don't want to be associated with bp at all. And Lehigh Gas is a horrible company to work for, IMHO.