PDA

View Full Version : Foster's cutback run

Steeldude
10-07-2011, 02:36 PM
IMO, i blame farrior and woodley for this huge play.

thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6E3YUdrf3c

Devilsdancefloor
10-07-2011, 02:52 PM
I do not have to watch it at all i know woodley did stay at home

Count Steeler
10-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Woodley got a little too far up field, should have cut in when he saw the D Line get swallowed to the offensive left. Left a gaping hole for the cut back.

Pristas
10-07-2011, 04:54 PM
I agree, this is all on Woodley. Aaron did what he was supposed to do in containing the tackle/collapsing the pocket. Farrior got blocked by a big man. That left Troy and Woodley. Since he took the wrong angle on the play, when he did get to Foster he took Polamalu off of the tackle. I'll bet he gets seriously chastised for this play this week. He deserves it.

tube517
10-07-2011, 05:46 PM
You could tell by the replay during the game, that Woodley f'd up. Give credit to Foster though, for taking advantage.

Steeldude
10-07-2011, 10:59 PM
I agree, this is all on Woodley. Aaron did what he was supposed to do in containing the tackle/collapsing the pocket. Farrior got blocked by a big man. That left Troy and Woodley. Since he took the wrong angle on the play, when he did get to Foster he took Polamalu off of the tackle. I'll bet he gets seriously chastised for this play this week. He deserves it.

i wouldn't say it was all on woodley, but he did do a poor job of containment again.

43Hitman
10-08-2011, 01:50 PM
i wouldn't say it was all on woodley, but he did do a poor job of containment again.

Added bold for emphasis

Psycho Ward 86
10-08-2011, 02:29 PM
Clearly Woodley's fault first and foremost, and i dont think anyone here needed a replay of that to notice. Boy, he's usually great against teh run.

oneforthetoe
10-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Bruce Arians? :huh:

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-08-2011, 04:28 PM
Polamalu had a terrible angle. He overran it. Woodley needs to follow down the line when he reads there is not a reverse coming out the back, but the former DPOY at SS needs to be able to keep that a 10 yard gain and not a TD run.

zulater
10-08-2011, 09:05 PM
I think the one guy everyone's overlooking here is Arain Foster. The guy made a great cut back move, if one of our guys does that we're not sitting here lamenting how awful our opponent was, we're applauding the skill and talent he used to make that play.

Also I think it might have hurt the Steelers that up until this game Foster either hadn't played, or when he had he hadn't looked much like a "factor back". In other words in prepping for that game, they probably confined themselves to this years's game films and really hadn't prepared themselves to defend Foster's A game moves and tendencies.

Bottom line I know Woodley has been slow out the gates this year, but Troy's been flying around and playoing well. For him to miss that bad, I think we probably need to give some credit to the back.

Psycho Ward 86
10-08-2011, 09:27 PM
I think the one guy everyone's overlooking here is Arain Foster. The guy made a great cut back move, if one of our guys does that we're not sitting here lamenting how awful our opponent was, we're applauding the skill and talent he used to make that play.

Also I think it might have hurt the Steelers that up until this game Foster either hadn't played, or when he had he hadn't looked much like a "factor back". In other words in prepping for that game, they probably confined themselves to this years's game films and really hadn't prepared themselves to defend Foster's A game moves and tendencies.

Bottom line I know Woodley has been slow out the gates this year, but Troy's been flying around and playoing well. For him to miss that bad, I think we probably need to give some credit to the back.

im not following you. I dont care if that cutback run never happened. I sure as hell know for a fact that even if that went for no gain, Foster still had a phenomenal game and none of us would be dissing an injured back still get over 100+ on us.

Not following what your saying on that either. Why wouldnt they have film from last years leading rusher?

And i know we've all gotten to the point where we all shun the slightest criticism of Polamalu, but these last 4 games have been below the bar for him just like everyone else.

Steeldude
10-09-2011, 03:04 AM

woodley is playing as he always does. the money the steelers gave him could have been spent elsewhere. the steelers are banking on an inconsistent and slow LB to help lead the future of the defense.

polamalu's angle was not good. farrior did a poor job also.

zulater
10-09-2011, 05:12 AM
woodley is playing as he always does. the money the steelers gave him could have been spent elsewhere. the steelers are banking on an inconsistent and slow LB to help lead the future of the defense.

polamalu's angle was not good. farrior did a poor job also.

Bullshit. Watch some of the games from last year, or through his career, he was playing at a different level then, a level obviously he needs to get back to. But to claim he's been this mediocre all throughout his career is total and pure bullshit. I know you don't like the contract he was given, and that's fine, there's certainly an argument to be made there. But you totally misrepresent the situation and try to paint him as an ordinary player all through his career, and that's just garbage!