PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: Gay, Lewis grow into roles

stillers4me
10-07-2011, 05:20 AM
For all their problems through four games this season, from injuries to lack of production to their inability to stop the run, the Steelers' traditional Achilles' heel is growing stronger.

Cornerback has quietly developed into a competent position. It also will see the first definitive change in starters on the team this season.

Bryant McFadden, who had resumed his starting role at left cornerback after the Steelers got him back in a trade from Arizona last year, has apparently dropped from starter to No. 4 cornerback.

Although McFadden has practiced the past three weeks and his hamstring injury has healed, William Gay will make his fourth start at left cornerback Sunday. When they move to the dime defense, it will be Keenan Lewis again joining the secondary as the third cornerback and not McFadden...............

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11280/1180323-66-0.stm

Count Steeler
10-07-2011, 05:50 AM
Carnell Lake is paying dividends already? Much improved over last year. We shall see against the Pats*.

zulater
10-07-2011, 05:58 AM
Carnell Lake is paying dividends already? Much improved over last year. We shall see against the Pats*.

We'll actually get an idea this week. Truth be told Hasselback is probably the best qb we'll have faced so far this season.

Sorry Crowmagnom, but I'm still not a Flacco believer, even though he does occasionally have a good game.

Count Steeler
10-07-2011, 05:59 AM
We'll actually get an idea this week. Truth be told Hasselback is probably the best qb we'll have faced so far this season.

Sorry Crowmagnom, but I'm still not a Flacco believer, even though he does occasionally have a good game.

I figured with Kenny Britt out, their receiving corps comes down a notch.

SteelerFanInStl
10-07-2011, 09:43 AM
I figured with Kenny Britt out, their receiving corps comes down a notch.

Exactly. They're missing a major weapon without Britt. The rest of those WRs aren't that good.

And, Hasselback's not a better QB than Schaub. Texas just didn't need to throw the ball with the running game working so well and they were also without Johnson for a large part of the game.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Keenan Lewis still is learning how to play "off coverage". He keeps it in front of him, but isnt in position to challenge the 7-10 yard patterns.

I am probably one of the biggest Lewis supporters here and happy he is making progress. I thought Lewis, Wallace and Urbik in the 3rd round of the draft was gonna fill 3 important holes, but not so far huh.

tube517
10-07-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm one of the few who liked BMac but he is nowhere near his 2008 level. He should be gone next year. I want the younger guys to take over (Not Gay, he should only be a nickel back and eventually gone too). Hopefully, Brown takes over at CB and Lewis takes over nickel.

I'm not convinced the secondary is any good, yet. We shall see. At least Lake is making improvements. I have faith in his moves.

The Duke
10-07-2011, 11:03 AM
I just hope Keenan keeps doing what he's doing

sometimes I feel he's one bad play away from being benched again by tomlin. So far so good though. He's definitely a work in progress, but he's made the most progress this season since he was drafted

real test comes in 3 weeks though. The other three teams won't be much of a challenge

Godfather
10-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Keenan Lewis still is learning how to play "off coverage". He keeps it in front of him, but isnt in position to challenge the 7-10 yard patterns.

That's what worries me about the Pats*. They love them some dink and dunk.

Steeldude
10-07-2011, 11:11 AM
mcfadden on the bench is superb:thumbsup: that's where he should be based on how he has played his entire career.

Devilsdancefloor
10-07-2011, 11:20 AM

I am probably one of the biggest Lewis supporters here and happy he is making progress. I thought Lewis, Wallace and Urbik in the 3rd round of the draft was gonna fill 3 important holes, but not so far huh.

I was beyond happy with our third round that year really like lewis and urbik (still a bit peeved about him being a bill) im glad lewis is coming around hopefully brown is coming along as well

Count Steeler
10-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Still hoping that Brown gets a shot. He is still impressing me on the STs.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-07-2011, 06:20 PM
That's what worries me about the Pats*. They love them some dink and dunk.

Its what LeBeau has them playing. Watch pre snap on 3rd downs and you will see Ike Taylor and Keenan Lewis both at around 10-12 yards off the Line of Scrimmage. Ike knows how to close that down without getting beat deep, but I think Lewis is still refining that.