PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Isaac Redman ready if called upon

stillers4me
10-07-2011, 05:14 AM
Running back Isaac Redman is in his third season with the Steelers, and he needs to introduce himself to no one in the team's locker room.

He did so anyway Thursday before practice.

"I'm Isaac Redman. I play for the Pittsburgh Steelers, (I'm) a No. 2 running back that has a chance of starting," Redman said.

The introduction was filled with subtext as thick as one of Redman's thighs. And it reflected his irritation over labels and stereotypes that stem from the circuitous route the 6-foot, 230-pounder took to this point.............

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_760636.html

Pristas
10-07-2011, 08:39 AM
I have activated Isaac Redman in my fantasy league. If Mendy and MeMo are in fact out, this could be an awesome game for him. I'm benching Jhavid Best.

Jay
10-07-2011, 09:13 AM
That was the most candid interview I've seen from Redman and he's right. I've followed his career since he was a high schooler running rampant in New Jersey, my high school were vicitimed as well. He was simply a beast in high school. The all-South Jersey backfield his senior year were: Isaac Redman (Bowie St/Steelers), Shon Greene (Iowa/Jets) and Albert Young (Iowa/Jags). All 3 went to the NFL and he was considered the best of the 3. He had an off the field issue that scared the big schools off. I think he's fustrated by the people who want to focus on him coming from a small school and thinking his success is a flash in the pan. Hell, screw his college, he's the fourth guy from his high school to go pro; Flipper Anderson (Rams), Kevin Ross (Chiefs), and Glenn Howard (Philadelphia Stars/USFL). I hope he gets his shot to show what he can do on the big stage. Maybe the coaches will be forced to use he, Mendy and MeMo in more effective schemes and maximize the talent we have in the backfield. This run one back til the wheels fall off is total BS.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-07-2011, 10:38 AM
Redman said "I can do it with 30 carries".

Is he dilusional?? Somebody please tell me when the Steelers offense will ever rush the ball 30 times in a game. If he gets 15 is will be a good day.

tube517
10-07-2011, 10:45 AM
That was the most candid interview I've seen from Redman and he's right. I've followed his career since he was a high schooler running rampant in New Jersey, my high school were vicitimed as well. He was simply a beast in high school. The all-South Jersey backfield his senior year were: Isaac Redman (Bowie St/Steelers), Shon Greene (Iowa/Jets) and Albert Young (Iowa/Jags). All 3 went to the NFL and he was considered the best of the 3. He had an off the field issue that scared the big schools off. I think he's fustrated by the people who want to focus on him coming from a small school and thinking his success is a flash in the pan. Hell, screw his college, he's the fourth guy from his high school to go pro; Flipper Anderson (Rams), Kevin Ross (Chiefs), and Glenn Howard (Philadelphia Stars/USFL). I hope he gets his shot to show what he can do on the big stage. Maybe the coaches will be forced to use he, Mendy and MeMo in more effective schemes and maximize the talent we have in the backfield. This run one back til the wheels fall off is total BS.

:applaudit:

X-Terminator
10-07-2011, 11:05 AM
I think even if Mendenhall plays, Redman will see a lot of action on Sunday. If he starts and has a big game, if I'm the coaching staff I keep him in there. They probably won't, but given how ineffective Mendenhall has been so far, it would make sense and it would be a big boost to the offense.

steelpride12
10-07-2011, 11:41 AM
I couldn't see Redman carrying the ball 30 times a game that is just not his style of game and he fits perfectly as a second behind Mendy. Which works out perfectly in our system because we have become a passing team partly because we can't run worth shit, but regardless.

SCSTILLER
10-07-2011, 01:52 PM
I like Redman, he actually see's a hole in the line and hits it with speed and ferocity. On the other hand, Mendy does the Macarena in the backfield and then tries to bounce outside. With our patchwork Oline we need that guy that sees a sliver of light amongst the 300 pounders and goes for it. I look forward to him having a big game, because he is big and fast enough that when he does get through that hole he is going to take a LBer with him for a few yards.

steeldevil
10-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Redman should start this game for sure. Hope he can get our ground game going.

Steeldude
10-07-2011, 02:37 PM
i am looking forward to seeing how redman runs

salamander
10-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Redman said "I can do it with 30 carries".

Is he dilusional?? Somebody please tell me when the Steelers offense will ever rush the ball 30 times in a game. If he gets 15 is will be a good day.

Mendenhall had 36 or 37 carries in a game last year so it's not entirely impossible for that to happen.

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Mendenhall had 36 or 37 carries in a game last year so it's not entirely impossible for that to happen.

I saw 27 carries for 121 yards vs the Jets in the AFCC game. That is pretty amazing to say the least. Still gonna be shocked if a Steeler RB carries the rock that much.

tube517
10-07-2011, 06:29 PM

That was the buffalo game. Every game after that (regular season) he had less than 20 carries. I hope they don't overwork Redman too early. But, you know how they like to see wheels fall off....

salamander
10-07-2011, 06:59 PM
I saw 27 carries for 121 yards vs the Jets in the AFCC game. That is pretty amazing to say the least. Still gonna be shocked if a Steeler RB carries the rock that much.

And if I remember correctly, about 90% of those yards came in the first half.

steelerdiva
10-07-2011, 07:28 PM
I like Redman, he actually see's a hole in the line and hits it with speed and ferocity. On the other hand, Mendy does the Macarena in the backfield and then tries to bounce outside. With our patchwork Oline we need that guy that sees a sliver of light amongst the 300 pounders and goes for it. I look forward to him having a big game, because he is big and fast enough that when he does get through that hole he is going to take a LBer with him for a few yards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfhTKx43ezU&feature=related

Sorry...couldn't resist....:chuckle:

But you're right about Redman....I hope he gets a lot of touches Sunday.

Psycho Ward 86
10-07-2011, 07:34 PM
"I don't know what the coaches are thinking," Redman said. "I just know right now (Mendenhall's) hamstring is bothering him pretty bad. Right now, I'm preparing to go.

Some of us dont know either. I'd rather not lose Mendy for a longer period of time by having him get reinjured by starting again. Activate him? Well sure, since Moore's out, having just Redman and Dwyer out there wouldnt make sense. But as far as starting? Redman deserves the opportunity and we just shouldnt give Mendenhall a whole lot of carries as long as he's banged up

ALLD
10-07-2011, 08:57 PM
We could be witnessing the beginning of the end for Mendy in B&G. Would be a good plan to draft OL, CBs and RB next time.