PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' patchwork offensive line takes more hits

stillers4me
10-07-2011, 05:13 AM
Steelers offensive coordinator Bruce Arians liked what he saw with the right side of the offensive line of Marcus Gilbert and Ramon Foster so much last week that there won't be any changes.

The rest of the line, well, that's another story.

Left guard Chris Kemoeatu (hand, knee) won't play Sunday against Tennessee and will be replaced by Doug Legursky, and it appears that Max Starks could find himself starting at left tackle only days after signing with the team.

A day after Starks took 50 percent of the first-team snaps at left tackle in his first practice in nearly a year, he followed that up yesterday with what he called 'two-thirds or three-fourths' of the first-team snaps.............

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_760630.html

suitanim
10-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Again, the final call and who does and does not start is not the OC's, it's the HC's job.

Secondly, how DARE Pouncey utter Heresy like this! Doesn't he read these boards!??!?!? It doesn't matter whether the players execute, it's 100% bad play-calling. Shame on him! What does he know?

"We had it going last week," Pouncey said. "We've just got to execute the stuff B.A. calls, and we'll be fine."

El-Gonzo Jackson
10-07-2011, 10:27 AM
I wish they would consider putting Essex in at guard instead of Legursky.

siss
10-07-2011, 10:56 AM
I wish they would fire all the oline (except Pouncey) and start over with guys who WANT to protect a 102 million dollar QB!

X-Terminator
10-07-2011, 11:07 AM
I wish they would fire all the oline (except Pouncey) and start over with guys who WANT to protect a 102 million dollar QB!

I wouldn't be casting off Gilbert either. He's going to be solid.

Steeldude
10-07-2011, 11:07 AM
it's sad that some fans think it's 100% of one person's fault for the team's woes. don't they realize the FO, coaches and players all have a part in it?

siss
10-07-2011, 12:20 PM
it's sad that some fans think it's 100% of one person's fault for the team's woes. don't they realize the FO, coaches and players all have a part in it?
Thats why we should take a mulligan and start over

BigNastyDefense
10-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Thats why we should take a mulligan and start over

But we can't just fire everyone and get a bunch of new guys in there.

Everyone's contract is guaranteed for the season, cutting them won't bring in extra cap room to sign anyone else.

Not to mention it's not a matter of want to, as much of a lack of ability to do so. This offensive line lacks talent. And it's what we are stuck with, other than the addition of Max Starks, for the rest of the season.

And we might be stick with most of it next year too, since the Steelers are reportedly over the cap for next season. Yeah, guys are going to be cut for cap reasons, but it can't be all along the offensive line.