PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Starks may start Sunday at left tackle

86WARD
10-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Max Starks is pushing to start at left tackle Sunday for the Steelers.
Starks, who re-signed with the Steelers yesterday, again took significant snaps with the first-team offense. And offensive Bruce Arians said after practice today that Starks could start against the Tennessee Titans because of his familiarity with the Steelers` offense.
Starks said he took 66 to 75 percent of the snaps with the first-team offense today. Yesterday, Starks split first-team snaps at left tackle with Jonathan Scott, who has practiced both days this week after missing last Sunday`s game because of a sprained ankle.
"The biggest thing is to make sure I have everything down pat, working and communicating fluidly with the rest of the guys," Starks said. "Hopefully Sunday I have that opportunity to (start)."

Read more: Steelers' Starks may start Sunday at left tackle - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_760570.html#ixzz1a3Ug4b6x)

86WARD
10-06-2011, 08:32 PM
btw -

Doug Legursky returns to the starting lineup at left guard

Ramon Foster will start again at right guard

86WARD
10-06-2011, 08:32 PM
Starks - Legursky - Pouncey - Foster - Gilbert

Sounds a little better on paper...

zulater
10-06-2011, 08:43 PM

If Scott can go they should start him. I think starting Max this week is inviting injury. Give him a series or two maybe, but if you overdo it he's liable to pull something or turn an ankle, as he fatigue's.

I'm bummed that Kemo can't go, he's actually played pretty well the past two games, and I'm not a real big fan of Legurskey as anything more than a swingman.

BigNastyDefense
10-07-2011, 01:48 PM
If Scott can go they should start him. I think starting Max this week is inviting injury. Give him a series or two maybe, but if you overdo it he's liable to pull something or turn an ankle, as he fatigue's.

I'm bummed that Kemo can't go, he's actually played pretty well the past two games, and I'm not a real big fan of Legurskey as anything more than a swingman.

And I think the Steelers finally realize that about Legursky, and the only reason he is starting is because Kemo is hurt, otherwise he'd be on the bench.

Count Steeler
10-07-2011, 03:44 PM
Oh wouldn't it be nice to have no problems on the O Line? Injuries and sub par play seem to be the norm. Hope we make it through this game with the Line and Ben in tact.

tube517
10-07-2011, 05:47 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11280/1180421-100.stm

Max is starting.

steel striker
10-07-2011, 06:13 PM
What kind of shape is Max in? God I hope the line starts playing better.

GBMelBlount
10-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Great news! I have no problem with this but as was mentioned prior, lack of full conditioning may increase the chances of injury....alternate snaps perhaps.

zulater
10-07-2011, 06:32 PM
What kind of shape is Max in? God I hope the line starts playing better.

I don't know, guess we'll find out Sunday. But what we do know from this is how God's awful Trai Essex was against the Texans. Max no matter what shape he's in is better than Jonathan Scott and Trai, even if you made him play the game with cinder blocks on his feet.

zulater
10-07-2011, 06:36 PM
The fact that Max Starks can come in off the street and with 3 practices is named the starter tells you exactly what a piss poor plan it was to go into a season with Jonathan Scott as your designated left tackle. While I'm happy Max is back, and just pray that he can approximate his level of play prior to his injury last year, I'm still pissed off that the Steelers could think that it was a good idea to protect your franchise quarterback's blindside with the absolute worst left tackle in the NFL!

Shoes
10-07-2011, 07:20 PM

:chuckle:

Merchant
10-07-2011, 08:16 PM
A rusty Starks can't be any worse than Jonathan Scott.

86WARD
10-07-2011, 08:51 PM
A rusty Starks can't be any worse than Jonathan Scott.

QFT!!

ALLD
10-07-2011, 08:54 PM
I will take the over at 4 sacks this Sunday.