PDA

View Full Version : Pouncey Fined For Late Hit

steelerdude15
10-06-2011, 12:38 PM
Gerry: Pouncey Fined For Late Hit

Center Maurkice Pouncey said today he was fined $7,500 by the NFL for a late hit in Sunday’s loss in Houston.

Pouncey was penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct when he blocked Texans linebacker Connor Barwin to the ground after a 14-yard run by Mewelde Moore in the second quarter.

Pouncey is the third Steelers player to be fined by the league this season.

Read More: http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/112325-gerry-pouncey-fined-for-late-hit

And another fine.

oneforthetoe
10-06-2011, 12:46 PM
Gerry: Pouncey Fined For Late Hit

Read More: http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/112325-gerry-pouncey-fined-for-late-hit

And another fine.

The good news is that should not be more than a 5th round pick for the Patriots.

whodat1
10-06-2011, 01:08 PM
The league throws out so many fines now that I'm surprised that Harrison didn't get fined for taking a facemask to the eye.

O'Malley
10-06-2011, 01:16 PM
The league throws out so many fines now that I'm surprised that Harrison didn't get fined for taking a facemask to the eye.

Where is that fine? It's okay for linemen to block helmet to helmet? Never made sence to me...

vader29
10-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Where is that fine? It's okay for linemen to block helmet to helmet? Never made sence to me...

Well James has two things going against him, first he is a Steeler and second he is James Harrison so a different set of rules apply to him. :sarcasm2:

zulater
10-06-2011, 01:29 PM
The ref should be fined for making such a ticky tack call at such an important moment of the game.

kmsteelerwr15
10-06-2011, 01:49 PM
I don't agree with this at all. The penalty was called so there should be no fine. Hell has Watt been fined yet for diving at Ben's knees?

SteelerFanInStl
10-06-2011, 02:03 PM
This is just complete BS. EVERY single personal foul called in a game is a damn fine now. This was a borderline at best call in the first place and then they go and fine him for it. I hate Goodell and his chronies more and more every day.

X-Terminator
10-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Bullshit fine.

May as well copy/paste those 2 words in damn near every fine thread.

zulater
10-06-2011, 02:40 PM
My theory, the Steelers made an issue out of the league not protecting defensive linemen after the chop blocking Casey Hampton found himself on the receiving end of in the opener. So here's the way the league zings the Steelers back on a rather innocuous hit, that no harm came from, other than the costly 15 yards the Steelers lost from the resulting penalty that was called on the play. In other words this is the league's way of saying, shut your damn mouths Steelers!

Has there been another offensive player fined so far for a "late hit"?

zulater
10-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Seriously, does anyone know of another offensive player being fined for a late hit? Oh wait I just remembered Hines Ward has accumulated a few. :doh: Ok new question, outside of Steelers does anyone know of an offensive player being fined for a late hit? :heh:

Chidi29
10-06-2011, 06:56 PM
Didn't Pouncey go low on the block?

Chidi29
10-06-2011, 07:12 PM
Seriously, does anyone know of another offensive player being fined for a late hit? Oh wait I just remembered Hines Ward has accumulated a few. :doh: Ok new question, outside of Steelers does anyone know of an offensive player being fined for a late hit? :heh:

Chilo Rachal was fined 7500 for a chop block. I'm sure there have been players fined. They just don't get talked about outside of their local markets.

zulater
10-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Didn't Pouncey go low on the block?

I didn't see it that way, looked to be more along the lines of a block in the back if anything. Actually more like a shove, but that wasn't what he was flagged for. the flag was for a late hit, and I still don't see that shove coming more than 1/3 a second (if that) past the whistle.

( play is right at the 53 minute mark on NFL rewind)

Count Steeler
10-06-2011, 07:51 PM
BS from the King of BS.