PDA

View Full Version : Injuries rarely slow Steelers' Roethlisberger

siss
10-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Injuries rarely slow Steelers' Roethlisberger

By Mark Kaboly, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Last updated: 10:28 am

Ben Roethlisberger was hobbling around the Steelers' practice facility Wednesday with a walking boot on his sprained left foot.

Even though he didn't practice and had a noticeable limp when he removed the protective device, Roethlisberger will make his 20th consecutive start Sunday when the Steelers host Tennessee.

Roethlisberger will continue to wear the boot and will likely not practice until later in the week, if at all. He will wear a device to protect his foot similar to the one he used last year against Baltimore — a larger shoe fitted with a metal plate that will prevent the foot from bending, but not help with the discomfort.

"I have dealt with pain before, I have played through broken bones and if it is a pain issue, I can play through it. I'll be fine," Roethlisberger said.

Throughout his career, Roethlisberger has been banged up several times to the point where it was questionable whether he would play in the next game. Nearly every time, Roethlisberger not only has played but come through with winning performances, thus raising questions on the true severity of his injuries.

"I fake it and I'm a wimp," said Roethlisberger when asked why he thrives in situations when he is hurt. "I don't know, I guess it makes you focus that much harder. I guess that's like asking a question of why you do so well in the fourth quarter. ... I don't know if there is an answer."

Read more: Injuries rarely slow Steelers' Roethlisberger - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_760431.html#ixzz1a1NW5hTl

If Ben is a wimp, I am a Ravens fan
If Ben is a wimp, I am Mrs. Roethlisberger
If Ben is a wimp, I am good at Math
If Ben is a wimp, I <3 Tom Brady

You guys get the picture!

O'Malley
10-06-2011, 03:34 PM
He plays better when he's hurt... May be just what he needed to get it going....:noidea: