View Full Version : Free agent tackle Adams visits Steelers

BlastFurnace
06-29-2010, 12:36 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_688164.html

Free agent tackle Adams visits Steelers

By Mark Kaboly, MCKEESPORT DAILY NEWS
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Last updated: 12:55 pm

The Steelers may go outside the organization to find a replacement for injured right tackle Willie Colon.
Mammoth free agent tackle Flozell Adams (6-7, 338) was at the Steelers' practice facility today visiting with the organization. Adams went through a workout and physical with the team.

Adams, 35, was a five-time Pro Bowl selection with the Dallas Cowboys after being drafted in the second round in 1998 out of Michigan State.

Adams started 173 of his career 177 games with the Cowboys, most of which came at left tackle. Adams played his first season in the league at right guard.

Adams asked for his release earlier this year when it became apparent that the Cowboys were going to release him. He was due a $2.5 million roster bonus in April to go along with a base salary of more than $5 million.

Adams had the longest tenure of any Dallas player at the time of his release.

The Steelers are looking for a replacement for Colon at right tackle. If signed, Adams could be put at left tackle with Max Starks moving to right tackle. Starks played right tackle his first four years in the league before getting shifted to left tackle. Adams could also play right tackle.

xX-TSK-Xx
06-29-2010, 12:39 PM
Hmm. I didn't see this comming. I guess with Scott's injury we have to look at other options.

SteelerSal
06-29-2010, 12:40 PM
Wonder how much a one year deal will cost them.
Would make me feel better having a veteran come in to help push the younger guys for competition or to actually start this season for us.

7willBheaven
06-29-2010, 12:42 PM
Oh god...bringing in an old timer, haha. Hopefully they dont just give him and spot...and he's ok with the possibility of being a BU. I'd rather see our younger guys step in and play.

Also heres a Tweet from Schefter:

Adam_Schefter

Help could be on way to Pittsburgh. OT Flozell Adams' agent told ESPN's Calvin Watkins that his client is visiting the Steelers.

kmsteelerwr15
06-29-2010, 12:44 PM
hmm...very interesting. Didn't think we'd bring in Flozell for a visit

LLT
06-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Flozell Adams visiting the Pittsburgh Steelers
Posted at 12:35 PM on Tue., Jun. 29, 2010
Todd Archer

The season-ending Achilles' injury suffered the other day by Pittsburgh tackle Willie Colon could open up a spot for Flozell Adams.

Adams' agent, Jordan Woy, confirmed the veteran tackle is visiting the Steelers today but that they are in talks with several teams. Adams also visited Denver this year and his name was linked to Chicago earlier in the off-season.

The Cowboys chose to part ways with Adams in part because of salary ($5 million base this year), age (he's 35) and the development of Doug Free.

If he signed with the Steelers, then Adams would likely move to right tackle.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/06/flozell-adams-visiting-the-pit.html

LLT
06-29-2010, 12:47 PM
gotta say...Flozell played LT last year and probably has lost a step at that position....but he may be a very sound RT. In other news: our Rookie O-lineman Chris Scott is having surgery on his foot (that explains why he missed the rookie symposium).

Killer
06-29-2010, 12:48 PM
ha!

told ya

Bring em all in!

the more the merrier

steeldevil
06-29-2010, 12:57 PM
I figured he would at least visit. Im fine with him being a Steeler for a year, because we need someone like him... Not the cheapshot stuff, but the skill.

Pi Kapp Steeler
06-29-2010, 01:06 PM
fozell "pentaly yards" adams .....great

Psycho Ward 86
06-29-2010, 01:09 PM
Didnt he kick a guy in the face?

steeldevil
06-29-2010, 01:16 PM

not sure but he did take a cheap shot on Justin Tuck last year. Twice in the first half if Im not mistaking. I remember watching tthat and praying for a massive brawl to break out...

BlastFurnace
06-29-2010, 01:17 PM

We are used to False Starts at the RT spot anyway. What's the difference.

Killer
06-29-2010, 01:20 PM
Adams is a five-time Pro Bowler who started all 16 games for the Cowboys last season

That beats anybody we have on the roster - sign him

kmsteelerwr15
06-29-2010, 01:21 PM

I don't know about that but I do know he is big into tripping people

Killer
06-29-2010, 01:24 PM
sign him sign him sign him

We don't have any bodies left. We need experienced meat.

Sign Levi Jones too.

7willBheaven
06-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Yeah and bring back Marvel Smith while we're at it!

Prouncey53
06-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Five pro-bowls.... 6'7" 338lbs... I say bring him in!

Butch
06-29-2010, 01:39 PM

Yep exactly. Horrible horrible off season just getting worse by the minute.

Excuse me but I think I'm gonna throw up now.

There needs to be a warning on posts like this. Don't read while eating.

SteelGhost
06-29-2010, 01:44 PM
Jared Gaither is on the market ?

Killer
06-29-2010, 01:59 PM
6'7" 338lbs... I say bring him in!

New meat!

If Flozell can stand on two feet he's already 1000X better than Tony Hills - now there's a waste of a roster spot.

If all the junior Madden GM's had their way we'd play nothing but All-Pro OLinemen.

None of which we have.

7willBheaven
06-29-2010, 02:15 PM

This i wouldnt mind for the right price...but i doubt they'd do it. And the price would be quite high and who knows how much money he'd want to sign a longer term contract. Gaither on the left of the line and Starks back on the right. I wouldnt mind this...but it wont happen so yeah.

Killer
06-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Sign Levi Jones too.

Yesssssss

KFFL / Steelers | Flozell Adams could play RT if signed

Unrestricted free-agent OT Flozell Adams (Cowboys) could play right tackle if he signs with the Pittsburgh Steelers, reports ESPNDallas.com's Calvin Watkins. Adams has not played right tackle since in rookie season in 1998.

KFFL /Steelers | Levi Jones could be option

Unrestricted free-agent OT Levi Jones (Redskins) could be an option for the Pittsburgh Steelers if they decide to sign a veteran offensive tackle, according to ESPN.com's James Walker.

BlastFurnace
06-29-2010, 02:55 PM

No, Haynesworth kicked a Cowboys player in the face. Flozell didn't do that.

Killer
06-29-2010, 03:10 PM
We are used to False Starts at the RT spot anyway. What's the difference.

No shit.

All the people busting on Colon for the flag drops have no room to talk.

and squelch the Starks to RT move too....Starks plays best at LT. Flozell is deaf in his right ear. Dallas has apparently been really stupid keeping him on the left. The deafness must have contributed a lot to his penalties. The fit would be pretty good to put him at RT.

Steeldude
06-29-2010, 03:18 PM
please keep starks at LT. starks was a complete failure at RT.

vasteeler
06-29-2010, 03:26 PM
i hope we do sign him, i kind of got excited when i read this. He is a bit older but for a year or two it would be a good move.he would instantly be one of our best lineman

BlastFurnace
06-29-2010, 03:34 PM
No shit.

All the people busting on Colon for the flag drops have no room to talk.

and squelch the Starks to RT move too....Starks plays best at LT. Flozell is deaf in his right ear. Dallas has apparently been really stupid keeping him on the left. The deafness must have contributed a lot to his penalties. The fit would be pretty good to put him at RT.

110% Agreed. Starks is a much better LT than he was a RT. I wouldn't move Starkks either. Flozell will fit in nicely at RT if they sign him.

Devilsdancefloor
06-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Killer have you been drinking heavy today or maybe someone is rubbing your leg you are very excited to say the least! well couldnt hur tto bring these guys in , but adams likes to trip folks not a good trait to have for a OLinemen

Killer
06-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Killer have you been drinking heavy today

Guilty as charged, sir or maddam

It's been raining all day - I demand entertainment

BigNastyDefense
06-29-2010, 05:32 PM
If we sign him, we're going to have to scrub him down with a brillo pad to get all that Dallas nastiness off of him. That shit's sticky and doesn't come off easily. Lots of Dawn.

I'd love to trade for Gaither, but I doubt Baltimore would trade one of the better tackles in the NFL to a division rival. And if they did, they'd overprice him to do so.

Kaeg
06-29-2010, 06:29 PM
Adams sounds ok, but I have to admit the age thing has me a bit apprehensive as others have pointed out.

The Duke
06-29-2010, 06:38 PM
An excowboy huh, didn't see that coming. He's not what he used to be, but for a year it can't hurt

I like mike gandy still. He was great in arizona not too long ago...

please keep starks at LT. starks was a complete failure at RT.

True. He's nothing special at LT, but at RT he's a nightmare

MasterOfPuppets
06-29-2010, 06:39 PM
we don't need no stinkin tackle ...we need more olber's !!!

Chidi29
06-29-2010, 06:40 PM
Adams sounds ok, but I have to admit the age thing has me a bit apprehensive as others have pointed out.

That concern only comes into play for pass protection. That'll be much less of an issue if he plays at RT, which most expect to happen. He's got a monster frame and is still probably strong.

Assuming the contract is cheap, he wasn't getting a lot of interest on the market, age isn't a concern.

As others have pointed out, think about the other options we have. A bunch of other big, slow guys who probably don't have the upper body strength Adams does.

Devilsdancefloor
06-29-2010, 07:02 PM
Guilty as charged, sir or maddam

It's been raining all day - I demand entertainment

at easy! wait you where already at easy um um carry on :alcoholic: and please dont call me sir i have always worked for a living :)

Psycho Ward 86
06-29-2010, 07:14 PM
i dont think age isnt that big of a deal here. This is just temporary. Hopefully we resign Colon next year and we dont have to worry about it. Adams has had a very durable career, yes he is 35, but a durable and highly proficient performer. We just need one good year out of him and then we dont have to give a crap what happens to him afterwards.

salamander
06-29-2010, 07:21 PM
I really don't see why it would be a bad thing to bring him in. Why not bring in a veteran like him? Yes, he is 35, but it's only for one season. Who knows, maybe he'd even help the young guys.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-29-2010, 07:37 PM
I was hopeful that we would have taken Bulaga instead of Pouncey in the 1st round. Now it looks like we gotta plug a guy in at RT like Adams or go with Jon Scott for a season. Oh well, at least its a RT and not a LT.

st33lersguy
06-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Even at 35 I suppose he would still be better than what we have now at RT

Killer
06-29-2010, 09:07 PM
and please dont call me sir i have always worked for a living

we know that's a lie - you hang out here too much

Shea
06-29-2010, 10:11 PM
Without reading the whole thread, I'm not so happy-dappy about the thought of signing him.

He's a friggen penalty machine, and add on the sacks Ben takes, and we'd never sniff anything but a three and out on offensive drives.

Hell, Ben will be throwing often from our own endzone. As sure as hell if you can't loose a game by 2 points due to those damn safeties.

No thanks.

Psycho Ward 86
06-29-2010, 10:43 PM
Well, here's an article that gives us some of the good and the bad to consider about Adams...READ THE BOLD

http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=9518

Just when it looked like the Steelers OL was going to turn the corner, insert a new starter, and gel as a unit, injuries strike. Willie Colon going down is a big blow to the Steelers Offensive Line but at least the organization has plenty of time to find a replacement. Former Cowboy Flozell Adams visited the Steelers facility today and could end up signing with the team in the near future. Adams has had a nice career but at age 35 what can we expect from the guy? Let’s take a look:

Translating Adams’ numbers is difficult because he started 16 games last year as a LT in the Cowboy’s offense but would be expected to play RT for the Steelers (you’d think).

*He gave up the 6th most QB pressures of all LT/RTs in the NFL last year

*He gave up the 7th most sacks of all LT/RTs in the NFL last year.

*He was called for 12 penalties last year (6th in the league)…..the RT/LT with the most was Alex Barron checking in with 14 penalties.

At RT he won’t be facing many outstanding pass rushers so you’d like to think that any deficiencies he has in the passing game will be covered up/hidden a bit playing RT in the Steelers offense. He is known as a terrific run-blocker so perhaps at this stage of his career, moving him over to RT will allow him to continue playing at a high level. Stay on the right side, do what you do best in the running game and hold your own in passing situations.

Statistically, the Cowboys were at their best last year when they ran the ball behind Flozell—averaging 6.8 yards per carry off his Left End and 4.5 yards per carry up his backside. In comparison, running behind Colon the Steelers averaged 4.3 (up his back) and 5.3 (off his RE) yards per rush. Different schemes, different positions, different offenses, different RBs…I realize….but these are the only comparisons we can make at this point in time.

If signed, I see no reason to get worried that he won’t be able to fill in admirably for Willie Colon. In fact, I wouldn’t put it past him to perhaps play better than Colon has over the last few seasons.

The Steelers and Willie’s agent may view Colon as one of the best Tackles in the league but I just don’t see it. I don’t think losing him will make or break the season. Flozell Adams doubters will point to the stats I posted above but that was a guy playing LT in the Cowboys offense. Put him at RT for the Steelers where his weaknesses are hidden and we could have a great fit.

The Duke
06-29-2010, 11:06 PM
Statistically, the Cowboys were at their best last year when they ran the ball behind Flozell—averaging 6.8 yards per carry off his Left End and 4.5 yards per carry up his backside.

That's what I care about! At least for those games without ben. When he comes back he can just evade the pressure off that side. He's used to it, lol

In fact, I wouldn’t put it past him to perhaps play better than Colon has over the last few seasons.

That I doubt. Colon was getting better and better every season. Adams will only get worse from now on

No, losing colon won't make or break the season. As long as ben is standing we have a chance

tube517
06-29-2010, 11:11 PM
Flozell the Hotel........oh no!

Galax Steeler
06-30-2010, 03:53 AM
I say give him a shot at least we will have some competition in camp.

LLT
06-30-2010, 07:21 AM
Without reading the whole thread, I'm not so happy-dappy about the thought of signing him.

He's a friggen penalty machine, and add on the sacks Ben takes, and we'd never sniff anything but a three and out on offensive drives.

Hell, Ben will be throwing often from our own endzone. As sure as hell if you can't loose a game by 2 points due to those damn safeties.

No thanks.

I think that Flozell was having trouble with speed rushers the last couple of years (being 35 years old) and was anticipating the snap to try and get out in front of the rusher. Being moved to the right side might eliminate some of that problem.

That being said....I am torn between signing Adams or Levi Jones.

SteelCityMom
06-30-2010, 07:30 AM
Whether it's Adams or Jones or most any other UFA the Steelers are looking at, I think I'd be more comfortable with a veteran (or at least someone who's played the position as a starter for a few years) at RT than just throwing one of the new guys in there. Guys like Hills might possibly see some time on rotation (big if), but I prefer it if the Steelers have a solid backup plan.

LLT
06-30-2010, 07:35 AM

I checked.

The Ravens were wanting a 2nd round pick for him but he finally signed his tender. They plan on moving him to....Right Tackle.

Killer
06-30-2010, 07:36 AM
OK - now I'm pissed.

Nobody showed any interest in Flozell at all till yesterday, now he says he's looking at offers from 4 or 5 other teams? wtf?

If the bitch thinks he's going to create a bidding war for his ass at our expense then the hell with him - move on.

I am torn between signing Adams or Levi Jones.

I wanted them both

HometownGal
06-30-2010, 08:05 AM
Wonder how much a one year deal will cost them.
Would make me feel better having a veteran come in to help push the younger guys for competition or to actually start this season for us.

This. ^ I, too, would feel a whole helluva lot better putting a vet T in there who was quite a formidable player for the Cryboys. I just hope they disinfected him before he came through the door. :heh:

salamander
06-30-2010, 08:11 AM
OK - now I'm pissed.

Nobody showed any interest in Flozell at all till yesterday, now he says he's looking at offers from 4 or 5 other teams? wtf?

If the bitch thinks he's going to create a bidding war for his ass at our expense then the hell with him - move on.

Isn't that usually the case when a guy 'visits' the Steelers? No one wants them, then as soon as they come to Pittsburgh for a look it's like teams think "Well, if the Steelers are interested, there must be something good about him." It just seems like that to me.

Killer
06-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Isn't that usually the case when a guy 'visits' the Steelers? No one wants them, then as soon as they come to Pittsburgh for a look it's like teams think "Well, if the Steelers are interested, there must be something good about him." It just seems like that to me.

that could be the case too

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-30-2010, 09:38 AM
Whether it's Adams or Jones or most any other UFA the Steelers are looking at, I think I'd be more comfortable with a veteran (or at least someone who's played the position as a starter for a few years) at RT than just throwing one of the new guys in there. Guys like Hills might possibly see some time on rotation (big if), but I prefer it if the Steelers have a solid backup plan.

I think that you are correct in that Hills can play RT and might be given a shot to compete for the spot this offseason. I still think that Trai Essex is gonna move out to RT, Pouncey to RG and the rest remains the same. Steelers are just looking for veteran competition if the price is right....IMO.

steelpride12
06-30-2010, 09:50 AM
Ill take him why not. The only problem I see is the price tag for a one year deal. He can't come cheap, but maybe worth it to save this OL.

tube517
06-30-2010, 10:29 AM
Yep. Watch Bellicheat will sign him soon.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Ill take him why not. The only problem I see is the price tag for a one year deal. He can't come cheap, but maybe worth it to save this OL.

That's the truth. I just cant see the Steelers paying too much for a 35 year old O lineman. My guess is that there will be some old vet that is unsigned by the time camp opens and they are just looking around to add depth if the price is right. So far the Steeler OT's will be Starks, Essex, Jon Scott, Tony Hills and Chris Scott if he recovers in time. Not spectacular, but serviceable.

salamander
06-30-2010, 11:11 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d818e8844&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Deal between Steelers, Adams does not appear imminent

By Jason La Canfora | NFL.com

There is nothing imminent with the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.steeluniverse.net/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) and free-agent offensive tackle Flozell Adams (http://www.steeluniverse.net/players/flozelladams/profile?id=ADA280969), according to a league source. Adams visited and took a physical in Pittsburgh on Tuesday, but does not have a deal with the club. Adam's agent, Jordan Woy, told the Steelers he is mulling interest from at least three other teams, according to a team source.

Baldinger: Adams still solid
The Steelers have nothing
to lose by signing Flozell Adams. He knows how to play. Adams is limited, because no one has the same legs after 12 years in the league, but he could be
a good insurance policy.

There are certain players that Adams would face that he could still dominate. He has problems with younger, quicker players who can really bend and move, they give him trouble. But the bigger, stand-up guys, he can still wire them up.

-- Brian Baldinger

The Steelers got the impression Adams is not ready to make a decision, and money could be an issue as well. Adams, who was scheduled to earn over $7 million with Dallas prior to his release, is looking to earn $4 million for 2010, according to the source. The Steelers were hesitant to go that high.
Pittsburgh lost tackle Willie Colon (http://www.steeluniverse.net/players/williecolon/profile?id=COL747402) for the season after he tore his Achilles (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d818e5420&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true) working out this week. Adams is the only free-agent tackle attractive to the Steelers right now, according to a team source, and no other visits are planned.
If the Steelers don't sign Adams -- who has also visited Denver -- they are likely to move guard Trai Essex (http://www.steeluniverse.net/players/traiessex/profile?id=ESS290361) to tackle. The team feels Essex plays better on the left side, so that would mean left tackle Max Starks (http://www.steeluniverse.net/players/maxstarks/profile?id=STA603966) would move to right tackle. Barring a free-agent signing, that is the most likely scenario the team uses to open camp.
Also, rookie tackle Chris Scott recently suffered a leg injury, which is likely to put him out for the start of camp but is not expected to jeopardize his season, according to a team source. Like Colon, Scott was working out on his own when the injury occurred. Scott, a fifth-round pick, was back at the University of Tennessee working out with former teammates there. He is jockeying for a reserve spot on the team and was not seen as a possible replacement for Colon.

Killer
06-30-2010, 11:55 AM
That's it?

'Plan B' is to move Starks to RT and Essex to LT?

SOB

Chidi29
06-30-2010, 05:09 PM
No way that can be true. It was La Canfora reporting that on his Twitter.

It would be idiotic to move more pieces around. Chemistry on the line is one of the few places where it's actually important. You're just compounding the problem by shuffling around more guys than you have to.

And Essex is horrible in pass protection. He was constantly off balanced last year and got killed on swim moves. I still remember when Anthony Adams put a full spin move on him. And now you want to move him to left tackle? I'll be completely dumbfounded if that report is true and it actually happens.

El-Gonzo Jackson
06-30-2010, 05:31 PM

It would be idiotic to move more pieces around. Chemistry on the line is one of the few places where it's actually important. You're just compounding the problem by shuffling around more guys than you have to.

And Essex is horrible in pass protection. He was constantly off balanced last year and got killed on swim moves. I still remember when Anthony Adams put a full spin move on him. And now you want to move him to left tackle? I'll be completely dumbfounded if that report is true and it actually happens.

Have you ever pass protected as an interior lineman vs an OT???

Some may find the ability to establish a post foot as an OT to be easier than working inside where there is more brutal combat and the DT will line head up and take either side on you. I believe that Essex is a better LT than Max Starks in pass protection and was still a bit confused why he never played RT before.

I have not problem with Essex playing LT, but am still confused as to why we gave Starks a contract extension if he's not the best pass protector on the team? I said we should have taken the OT Bulaga on draft day instead of Pouncey, as a possible LT is more valuable than a C, but we will have to work thru it.

86WARD
06-30-2010, 06:08 PM
Would LOVE Adams on the Right of the line. There's not a bad thing about it other than it may cost the Steelers $4M.

BlastFurnace
06-30-2010, 06:12 PM

If Tomlin does this, he is clearly clueless.

Chidi29
06-30-2010, 08:25 PM
Have you ever pass protected as an interior lineman vs an OT???

Some may find the ability to establish a post foot as an OT to be easier than working inside where there is more brutal combat and the DT will line head up and take either side on you. I believe that Essex is a better LT than Max Starks in pass protection and was still a bit confused why he never played RT before.

I have not problem with Essex playing LT, but am still confused as to why we gave Starks a contract extension if he's not the best pass protector on the team? I said we should have taken the OT Bulaga on draft day instead of Pouncey, as a possible LT is more valuable than a C, but we will have to work thru it.

I didn't see Essex improve at all at guard. It wasn't just that he was below avergae; he was terrible and showed no improvement over the season. Max, while being average in pass protection, did show some improvement.

I have a tough time believing that Essex will do any better at Ben's blindside. He wasn't getting beat by dropping his hips and getting bullrushed followed up with a swim move; A lot of times it was more finesse stuff. Jason Jones destroyed him in Week 1.

I think the Starks contract was panic induced. We had nothing behind him and we had to keep putting the tag on him. He was orginally tagged the year we finally got him locked up logn-term, right? Something like $8.5 million for the year. We couldn't spend that much money on a guy of his caliber for one year, potentially losing him the next. We got scared and worked out a deal.

HollywoodSteel
06-30-2010, 09:41 PM
I hate the idea of moving Starks to RT no matter what else we do. Some guys are just better on the left side for whatever reason and Starks is one of those guys. If we bring in Adams, we should definitely put him at RT. Who knows? He might do much better over there at this stage in his career, but if we put him on the left, where he floundered last year, and put Starks on the right, where he always flounders, we are taking a bad situation and making it worse.

HollywoodSteel
06-30-2010, 09:43 PM
Unfortunately, I think Essex is also one of those guys who is slightly better at LT than RT which is why we really need to bring in outside talent.

Steeldude
07-01-2010, 01:03 AM
if you look at it all, the steelers really don't have any linemen worth much. they haven't had a pro bowl-type lineman since faneca. the unit now ranges from just slightly above average to below average. i see nothing stellar in any of them....yet.

Galax Steeler
07-01-2010, 04:07 AM
Would LOVE Adams on the Right of the line. There's not a bad thing about it other than it may cost the Steelers $4M.

Yea I don't see investing 4 million in him. If he would come at a cheaper price then I would say yes but not for 4 mill.

BlastFurnace
07-01-2010, 10:02 AM
I don't see Flozel coming to Pittsburgh. He wants too much money and if the Steelers are competing against Washington for his services, in $$$$'s, they can't compete with Danny Boy.

SMR
07-01-2010, 07:31 PM
I don't see Flozel coming to Pittsburgh. He wants too much money and if the Steelers are competing against Washington for his services, in $$$$'s, they can't compete with Danny Boy.

NO ONE can compete with reckless Danny.

Psycho Ward 86
07-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Max, while being average in pass protection, did show some improvement.

LOL. Improvement, or increased inconsistency?

Seriously, who the hell shuts down Jared Allen and Elvis Dumervil, and then gets raped by no-namers from the raiders, chiefs, and browns? Oh yeah that's right....

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/56884/ogstarks.jpg

http://www.sportsocracy.org/imgs/starks78.jpg

THIS GUY! :chuckle:

Chidi29
07-02-2010, 12:58 AM
LOL. Improvement, or increased inconsistency?

Seriously, who the hell shuts down Jared Allen and Elvis Dumervil, and then gets raped by no-namers from the raiders, chiefs, and browns? Oh yeah that's right....

THIS GUY! :chuckle:

Increasing consistency would be improving, no?

HometownGal
07-02-2010, 07:12 AM

Sure they can. Have Casey kidnap and sit on him until the Steelers are finished with the negotiations and signing. :heh:

BlastFurnace
07-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Sure they can. Have Casey kidnap and sit on him until the Steelers are finished with the negotiations and signing. :heh:

If Casey could subdue a 6'7"" 350lb man, I'm worried that he would envision putting him on a grill and frying him up instead :>)

sherlock
07-02-2010, 11:45 AM
I've just watched Cowboys@Broncos where Adams played LT,and he got skinned on many occasions!
If he does come to Pittsburgh then poor Ben could get sacked even more than usual.
Getting old is a bitch.