PDA

View Full Version : Starks contrast: Lineman makes difference in locker room

stillers4me
10-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Maximillian Weisner Starks IV strolled into the Steelers locker room Wednesday morning and his larger-than-life presence immediately made it a better place.

"Max has been one of our brothers for a long time," said guard Chris Kemoeatu. "I'm excited to have him back."
"I gave Max a big hug," added wide receiver Hines Ward. "I'm just glad to see him. He's always been that veteran guy you could depend on."

Once again, the Steelers are depending on Starks. They may have parted ways with him on July 29. But with an offensive line that's struggled miserably at the quarter point of the season, the Steelers welcomed back No. 78 with open arms.

At the start of training camp, coach Mike Tomlin and general manger Kevin Colbert had little use for the big man whose 2010 season ended after seven weeks due to a neck injury. With Starks weighing close to 400 pounds -- that's 55 pounds over his playing weight -- management cut him just as the team reported to St. Vincent College. They didn't want to pay $5.14 million to an out-of-shape left tackle..............

Read more @ http://burgh.us/8fh

BlastFurnace
10-05-2011, 09:11 PM
You can't buy or teach team chemistry. Max is part of that. Glad he's back.