PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Warner on Ben Roethlisberger

polamalubeast
10-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Kurt Warner said in that video is Roethlisberger seems to be very confused right now....Are you agree?

He may be right.

1:30

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/09000d5d822dbb27/Kurt-Warner-1-on-1

BlastFurnace
10-05-2011, 05:18 PM
I think his head is on a swivel right now. He won't say it, but in no way does he have any confidence in any of those guys in front of him.

salamander
10-05-2011, 05:30 PM
I think his head is on a swivel right now. He won't say it, but in no way does he have any confidence in any of those guys in front of him.

Exactly. We all know he isn't this bad but when you get sacked every other play, it has to mess with you. Instead of looking downfield, he's looking behind himself waiting for a defender.

zulater
10-05-2011, 05:50 PM
I think the highly mediocre Tim Hasselback said it best, the more hits a quarterback takes, the worse they're going to be. It was true of his brother, and it's true of Ben.

tube517
10-05-2011, 05:52 PM
I'd be confused too if 11 big ass mean sweaty looking dudes were trying to kill me. And my buddies in front of me did nothing to help.

Steeldude
10-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Kurt Warner said in that video is Roethlisberger seems to be very confused right now....Are you agree?

He may be right.

1:30

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-around-the-league/09000d5d822dbb27/Kurt-Warner-1-on-1

maybe arians should try shortening up the passing routes instead of being so admittedly greedy

ALLD
10-05-2011, 06:55 PM
I would be confused if I had to determine whether I was going to get killed on the left or get killed on the right.

Count Steeler
10-05-2011, 07:41 PM
No huddle, change snap count, slants, hot routes. :noidea: Being predictable is dangerous unless you own the line of scrimmage. Right now we don't. Back to basics.

GBMelBlount
10-05-2011, 10:29 PM
maybe arians should try shortening up the passing routes instead of being so admittedly greedy

Yes!

Count Steeler

No huddle, change snap count, slants, hot routes. Being predictable is dangerous unless you own the line of scrimmage. Right now we don't. Back to basics.

Yes!

...and pray A LOT...

43Hitman
10-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Yeah, the snap count thing gets on my last nerve. Ben always waits until there is 1 or 2 seconds left on the play clock, and you can see the defensive lineman just tee off on the snap count. He really needs to mix it up more imo.

Austin87
10-06-2011, 03:03 AM
The O-line ain't doing him any favours.

zulater
10-06-2011, 05:17 AM
The ironic thing was, that the one time the Steelers ran a hurry up offense against the Texans, the end of first half drive that resulted in a blocked chip shot field goal attempt, the pass blocking was crisp on every single play that drive. Truth be told, Ben blew it twice on that drive when he missed an open Antonio Brown deep inside Texan territory, including what should have been a touchdown pass into the left corner of the end zone. My point isn't to disparage Ben, all qb's miss a few throws they should have had in the course of a game. But rather to point out that in a road game, where crowd noise has been used as a reason (excuse) that the Steelers haven't resorted to the no huddle in earlier games this year, that outside of a couple hiccups by Ben, and a ticky tack penalty on Pouncey, that was far and way the most efficient drive of the day for the Steelers. The offensive line didn't have one single breakdown on any of the 9 plays of that drive. Maybe they need to use it (no huddle) more often?

steeldawg
10-06-2011, 09:18 AM
The ironic thing was, that the one time the Steelers ran a hurry up offense against the Texans, the end of first half drive that resulted in a blocked chip shot field goal attempt, the pass blocking was crisp on every single play that drive. Truth be told, Ben blew it twice on that drive when he missed an open Antonio Brown deep inside Texan territory, including what should have been a touchdown pass into the left corner of the end zone. My point isn't to disparage Ben, all qb's miss a few throws they should have had in the course of a game. But rather to point out that in a road game, where crowd noise has been used as a reason (excuse) that the Steelers haven't resorted to the no huddle in earlier games this year, that outside of a couple hiccups by Ben, and a ticky tack penalty on Pouncey, that was far and way the most efficient drive of the day for the Steelers. The offensive line didn't have one single breakdown on any of the 9 plays of that drive. Maybe they need to use it (no huddle) more often?

I agree our no huddle offense is very good but for some reason we never use it.

Moose
10-06-2011, 12:00 PM
I agree also. Use the 'no huddle' !! I think Ben is paranoid and confuse right now. He knows the front line is a turnstyle. He knows the defense is going to be busting through and more than likely be on him the same time the ball arrives in his hands. Being a QB on the Steeler's now is a suicide mission. The sad thing is that this has been a problem area for how many years ? Our CB situation has been a problem for how many years ? Yet nothing is ever addressed by the FO or coaches come draft time. Ben isn't going to last much longer. His QB years are being shortened every week with the hit's he's taking. He's having defense coming from all sides now. As you can remember in the Indy game, he had to look over his shoulder's constantly as he was running to the sideline. Yea, Ben is confused alright.

X-Terminator
10-06-2011, 12:42 PM
The only reason I can think of for not using the no-huddle so much on the road is because of crowd noise. I remember Jim Kelly's K-Gun offense running into problems at times on the road because you do a lot of audibles and check-offs at the line, and the linemen/receivers can have trouble hearing the QB's cadence.

BigNastyDefense
10-06-2011, 12:47 PM
First off, the offensive line sucks. Ben can get away from one, sometimes even two defenders....but when you have three guys in your face when you're drop is finished (even a three step drop at times) it's almost impossible to get away. You either throw and get hit throwing a lame duck ball, throw it in the dirt, or get sacked.

The Steelers need to use the no huddle. Get those big defensive linemen tired and on their toes, keep them from rotating fresh guys into the game.

O'Malley
10-06-2011, 01:18 PM
No huddle, change snap count, slants, hot routes. :noidea: Being predictable is dangerous unless you own the line of scrimmage. Right now we don't. Back to basics.

^This^

YoungMoneyFam
10-06-2011, 03:37 PM
I agree. More no huddle and more slants

Craic
10-06-2011, 11:14 PM
While I've been one that has generally supported Arians, one that gets me is how he completely broadcasts running plays. If Hines Ward goes in motion and runs towards the line, it's going to be a run play. If he doesn't usually it's going to be a pass play. Those kind of tells are bad news in the NFL.

Dino 6 Rings
10-07-2011, 04:21 PM
no confidence in the o-line...explains it all...now if they would all get their Heads out of their ARSES and quit playing like a bunch of one legged blind women we'd have a chance this weekend!

steel striker
10-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Ben has had his clock cleaned every week except the sea hawk game. Like mentioned above change the snap counts more no huddle. Also like steeldude said shorter pass routes and, still there will be pressure but maybe Ben could survive.

The Duke
10-07-2011, 08:11 PM
Ben has had his clock cleaned every week except the sea hawk game. Like mentioned above change the snap counts more no huddle. Also like steeldude said shorter pass routes and, still there will be pressure but maybe Ben could survive.

yeah, he only almost got his season ended twice that week :dizzy:

st33lersguy
10-08-2011, 12:37 AM
If he is confused, it is probably because he gets hit every time he drops back to pass.

Steeldude
10-08-2011, 02:13 AM
Yeah, the snap count thing gets on my last nerve. Ben always waits until there is 1 or 2 seconds left on the play clock, and you can see the defensive lineman just tee off on the snap count. He really needs to mix it up more imo.

does arians say anything to change it up? nope. it will be another week of arians' grab bag of slow developing plays. why are people so protective of arians? will he have a game plan?

i am still in awe when he said he never practiced for a 3-4 defense :doh2:

Steeldude
10-08-2011, 02:15 AM
I agree also. Use the 'no huddle' !! .

it won't happen. expect 7 step drops and long routes

Crow-Magnon
10-09-2011, 06:26 AM

That may help, but Ben is doing himself no favors this season by hanging onto the ball as long as he normally does. When your OL sucks that bad, if your first and second options aren't there, then chuck it OOB. Losing a down is better than losing your head....or the rest of the season.