PDA

View Full Version : RB Tristan Davis added, S Da-Mon Cromartie-Smith released from practice squad

salamander
10-05-2011, 08:43 AM
Per Steelers text message

STEELERS
RB Tristan Davis added to practice squad, released S Da-Mon Cromartie-Smith from it. Davis spent time w/ DET, MIA and MIN.

Could this possibly be foreshadowing Mendy not playing and Jonathan Dywer being called up? I really have no idea, I'm just speculating. Either way, this move doesn't really make any sense to me.

The Duke
10-05-2011, 08:54 AM
Definitely don't get this move. 2 runningbacks on the practice squad?

I believe Moore has some kind of injury, but if they thought it was gonna keep both him and Mendy out then Clay would have been brought on the roster

Now we simply have 2 runningbacks on the PS that likely aren't gonna play, and no safety :huh:

Chidi29
10-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Davis is supposed to mimic Chris Johnson for the scout team.

7willBheaven
10-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Per Steelers text message

STEELERS
RB Tristan Davis added to practice squad, released S Da-Mon Cromartie-Smith from it. Davis spent time w/ DET, MIA and MIN.

Could this possibly be foreshadowing Mendy not playing and Jonathan Dywer being called up? I really have no idea, I'm just speculating. Either way, this move doesn't really make any sense to me.

Dwyer is on the roster already all they will need to do is dress him on game day. Chidi explains it below. Though I would have released another player...I like Smith...hopefully after this is over they bring him back.

salamander
10-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Dwyer is on the roster already all they will need to do is dress him on game day. Chidi explains it below. Though I would have released another player...I like Smith...hopefully after this is over they bring him back.

You're right, I was thinking of John Clay.

Aussie_steeler
10-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Davis is supposed to mimic Chris Johnson for the scout team.

Perfect call chidi

Run him to death to mimic Chris Johnson. You cant simulate speed if you run at 4.7. This guy is a 4.38 back so he is perfect for the week.

Cut him next week

Resign Rodgers Cromartie.

The Duke
10-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Perfect call chidi

Run him to death to mimic Chris Johnson. You cant simulate speed if you run at 4.7. This guy is a 4.38 back so he is perfect for the week.

Cut him next week

Resign Rodgers Cromartie.

makes sense I guess

just hope we don't lose him. I really like what I saw from him in preseason, just not enough special teams in him to make the roster. Next year he could be replacing will allen