PDA

View Full Version : Are Steelers And Jets Done ?

SteelerEmpire
10-05-2011, 12:25 AM
http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/04_LFW_SteelersJets_news.jpg

It’s the most pleasant surprise of the season’s first quarter, says The Baltimore Sun’s Matt Vensel.

It’s also the common thread in the Ravens’ three victories so far this season, says The Sun’s Kevin Van Valkenburg.

LINK: http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/10/04/late-for-work-104-one-common-thread-in-three-wins/

Edman
10-05-2011, 04:14 AM
I think the Steelers are done for 2011. The O-Line is way too shitty to be overcome this year. But done done? As in window is shut and is going down for years, we'll have to see. Depends on how the organization responds to the rapid decline. Regardless on how the rest of the season plays out, big changes are imminent in the Burgh. Several guys are showing they're on their way out, and we may see new a couple new faces in 2012.

Short answer: Yes. The Steelers are done.

Count Steeler
10-05-2011, 05:39 AM
I wouldn't pack my backs for Indy just yet. The O Line needs to be revamped. Kugler has to get into their heads and take out whatever crap has gotten in there. Too many blown assignments, not enough communication. Kugler got the O Line to play reasonably well at the end of last season. I hope he still has something in the tank to get this line at least one step up from woeful.

polamalubeast
10-05-2011, 06:09 AM
season is NOT over

BlastFurnace
10-05-2011, 06:14 AM
If any injuries happen in Baltimore, they are in the same boat as the Steelers are. They aren't that deep to overcome them. Baltimore is doing what they usually do. They act like the Super Bowl is won in September and October.

But are the Steelers done, I'm not sure. I think they will beat some teams that they shouldn't beat this year...although it won't be New England. Brady will do his annual dissecting and shreading of the Steelers defense because the Steelers pass rush is non-existent.

I also think that nearly every game they play this year will be a dog fight and they will lose some that they shouldn't.

Who knows what the final record will be, but with all the injuries mounting, it isn't looking like it will be a playoff season.

polamalubeast
10-05-2011, 06:16 AM
If the Steelers win against the Titans, they will have a good chance of being 4-2.

BlastFurnace
10-05-2011, 06:21 AM
If the Steelers win against the Titans, they will have a good chance of being 4-2.

I have a feeling that they will win this weeks game. They tend to do well when everyone...especially the media...thinks that they are finished.

HometownGal
10-05-2011, 06:40 AM
Done after Week #4? :doh:

Yes we have some serious issues with the OL but with Starks rumored to be coming back, it will give the line at least a little bit of a boost and some much needed vet experience and confidence. I'll be damned if I'm giving up on this team after 4 games with a 2-2 record. That's ludicrous.

BlastFurnace
10-05-2011, 06:56 AM
Done after Week #4? :doh:

Yes we have some serious issues with the OL but with Starks rumored to be coming back, it will give the line at least a little bit of a boost and some much needed vet experience and confidence. I'll be damned if I'm giving up on this team after 4 games with a 2-2 record. That's ludicrous.

It may be too early to count them out, but it's time for them to get busy.

zulater
10-05-2011, 07:06 AM
It's a matter of turnovers, the Steelers have to start forcing them on defense, and giving them up on offense. If Tomlin can make the team focus in these areas we'll start winning again. He's particularly got to impress upon Ben to stop trying to be a hero and accept the punt if the play isn't there.

Bluecoat96
10-05-2011, 07:13 AM
This is for you FS 76

http://cckate.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/sky-is-falling1.jpg

salamander
10-05-2011, 07:25 AM
Sorry, but I don't take much out of that article considering it's from the Ravens' website.

Does our season look gloomy? Absolutely. But the fact of the matter is that there are still 12 games left to play.

X-Terminator
10-05-2011, 07:59 AM
It's October 5. The season ends January 1.

No, they aren't done.

polamalubeast
10-05-2011, 08:04 AM
The Steelers will win against the Titans.

Woodley and Polamalu will have a big game and the Steelers will be back in the elite.

The Steelers have never been good in the dome on the road, especially our o-line where they are at their worst in a dome since a lot of noise.

This is good news that will be at home against the titans.

86WARD
10-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Let's just say before the season, my bags were packed for Indy. After Sunday, I haven't unpacked, but I unzipped them.

SteelerFanInStl
10-05-2011, 09:55 AM
It's October 5. The season ends January 1.

No, they aren't done.

Agreed. The Super Bowl isn't won by the team that's playing the best in October.

We're not playing great right now but we're 2-2 and there's a lot of games and time left.

steeldevil
10-05-2011, 10:13 AM
The Steelers are not done quite yet.

I don't give a shit about the Jets.

suitanim
10-05-2011, 10:40 AM
I think the exact same I thought after the Colts. I'd rather be playing poorly and 2-2 then playing well and 2-2, or 1-3, or 0-4. We just aren't playing Steelers football yet...operative word is YET.

fansince'76
10-05-2011, 10:46 AM
This is for you FS 76

http://cckate.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/sky-is-falling1.jpg

:chuckle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO04VXBIS0M

:lol:

sactownsteeler
10-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Its funny how many people are saying the Steelers are completely done and too old.... lets take a look at last year's play off teams.

Atlanta-was supposed to be Julio Jones away from winning it all this year and wow they look horrible, Vick gets hurt they get a gift win and they barely beat the Seahawks.... are they too old?
Philly- The so called dream team and wow they are a train wreck, should be happy you are on the western side of the state right now as a fan
Seattle- do I really need to say anything????
Chicago- I am not sold on this team and I dont think they are a solid team at all
New Orleans- Looks great
Green Bay- Looks amazing
Indy-Proving Manning is the MVP of the league, he's out team is horrible Brady was out they go 11-5....system for Brady?
KC- Wow they are horrible
NE- Offense is amazing but can not stop a high school team on def, just need to keep up with scoring and get a turn over to beat them
NJY- They are a complete fluster cluck right now
Bal- Looks strong like they do every year

so most of the teams that made the playoffs are horrible this year so far and teams that were supposed to be good havent been that impressive
SD- recored is better than how they are playing
Dal- Romo is killing them
Miami- a complete joke
NJG- whole team is on IR
Tampa- not impressed this year at all

So basically we are 2-2 with some issues that will get worked out and should still finish 10-6 will that get us in the playoffs, dont know but I know once we are in we can be contenders with the team we have. It is after all the team that played in the superbowl last year and just barely came up short.....

BigNastyDefense
10-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Baltimore is praying that Pittsburgh is done, because if we make the playoffs Baltimore knows that anything can happen. This is nothing but Baltimore writers once again thinking that the Super Bowl is won in the early part of the season.

The Ravens still have to come to Pittsburgh next month.

And oh yeah, Baltimore's offense didn't look that good against the Jets defense.

As Mike Tomlin has said before, the demise of the Pittsburgh Steelers has been well exaggerated.

Moose
10-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Gotta agree with HTG and BlastFurnace, it's still early. 12 games to go. But as said, changes need to be made and asses kicked RIGHT NOW !! They just can't keep thinking it's going to turn around by itself on it's own ...nothing is going to change unless you make a change. Mistakes are going to keep being made unless you correct the situations. That's were the veteran players and coaches are supposed to step up and in. A 10 -6 record is very doable and can, more than likely, get to the play-offs. But you can't lose to Cincy or Cleve. and surely not Balt. again. We need those division wins. You win the division and the play-offs are there. But right now with this type of playing I see another loss to Balt.( they are smelling play-offs) and the bungholes have a pretty decent defense that could rip our offense up....and that new QB is playing very decent....enough to pull out a Win ( or two ) against us....and cleveland might even be able to luck out a win against us.....ugh ! So we need to right this ship NOW....ASAP.....starting with this weekend !!

Lambert_Loonie
10-05-2011, 03:55 PM
If things contiue the way they are, we're lucky to be 7-9.

But on the other hand, we were a 10-6 Wild Card team when we won Super Bowl XL. As the Steelers proved that year and Green Bay last year, it's a matter of getting hot at the right time. I could live with 4-5 at week 9 if we finish 6-1 at week 17 and go into the playoffs as a very hot team.

ALLD
10-05-2011, 04:20 PM
I say we REPEAT. The same thing we did last time we went to the Super Bowl.

salamander
10-05-2011, 04:28 PM
If things contiue the way they are, we're lucky to be 7-9.

But on the other hand, we were a 10-6 Wild Card team when we won Super Bowl XL. As the Steelers proved that year and Green Bay last year, it's a matter of getting hot at the right time. I could live with 4-5 at week 9 if we finish 6-1 at week 17 and go into the playoffs as a very hot team.

We were actually 11-5 that season.

Count Steeler
10-05-2011, 04:30 PM
We are not done. Need to have a better effort all around.

Jets are not done, just change Sancheese.

polamalubeast
10-05-2011, 04:32 PM
Baltimore is praying that Pittsburgh is done, because if we make the playoffs Baltimore knows that anything can happen. This is nothing but Baltimore writers once again thinking that the Super Bowl is won in the early part of the season.

The Ravens still have to come to Pittsburgh next month.

And oh yeah, Baltimore's offense didn't look that good against the Jets defense.

As Mike Tomlin has said before, the demise of the Pittsburgh Steelers has been well exaggerated.

My dream is that the Ravens finish the season with a record of 14-2 or 15-1 and the Steelers win(on the road) against the Ravens in the playoffs!

His is an unbelievable feeling!

PalmerSteel
10-05-2011, 04:44 PM
done???? are you guys kidding me???? we lost 2 games agaisnt 2 super bowl contending teams, both on the road. are they playing shittier then we all expected? hell yes! we got 4 of our next 6 at home before the bye. lets give them a chance to see if some good ol home cookin wakes their asses up to play how they should before writing off the season yet.

polamalubeast
11-19-2011, 10:02 AM
season is NOT over

True!

fansince'76
11-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Nice bump, PB. Forgot about this thread. :lol:

polamalubeast
11-19-2011, 10:13 AM
Nice bump, PB. Forgot about this thread. :lol:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-gameday/09000d5d822f3384/Steelers-done?module=HP11_content_stream

He is more funny!

Marshall Faulk and Sapp:0

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/10209-NFL.com-Steelers-Done

X-Terminator
11-19-2011, 10:26 AM
I can just look back now and laugh at the sheer panic some Steelers fans felt after WEEK FOUR. Look at them now...if the Rats lose tomorrow, the Steelers will be in first place and the talk will shift to the Rats being done. Proving once again that playoff berths and championships are not won or lost in the first month of the season.

fansince'76
11-19-2011, 11:27 AM
As for the Jets...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y35T5J52gzc

:lol: :lol: :lol:

st33lersguy
11-19-2011, 11:36 AM
Steelers 7-3, a top pf the division, yep they're done :rolleyes:

Edman
11-19-2011, 11:56 AM
I think the Steelers are done for 2011. The O-Line is way too shitty to be overcome this year. But done done? As in window is shut and is going down for years, we'll have to see. Depends on how the organization responds to the rapid decline. Regardless on how the rest of the season plays out, big changes are imminent in the Burgh. Several guys are showing they're on their way out, and we may see new a couple new faces in 2012.

Short answer: Yes. The Steelers are done.

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i379/briank221/punching-self-in-the-face.jpg

tube517
11-19-2011, 04:12 PM
I had my doubts but as I said in another thread. The season was far from over

steelerdiva
11-19-2011, 04:59 PM
http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i379/briank221/punching-self-in-the-face.jpg

I'm steelerdiva....and I approved this message. :grin::chuckle:

oneforthetoe
11-19-2011, 05:17 PM
Predictions are like butts - everybody's got one:

http://www.nerve.com/files/imagecache/index_scanner_thumbnail/scanner/thumbnails/harold_camping_ap110523051883_620x350.jpg

86WARD
11-19-2011, 07:26 PM
I can just look back now and laugh at the sheer panic some Steelers fans felt after WEEK FOUR. Look at them now...if the Rats lose tomorrow, the Steelers will be in first place and the talk will shift to the Rats being done. Proving once again that playoff berths and championships are not won or lost in the first month of the season.

It's been like that when you talk about any team in the NFL this season that is not named the Green Bay Packers.

HometownGal
11-20-2011, 05:40 AM
It's been like that when you talk about any team in the NFL this season that is not named the Green Bay Packers.

Sad but true. :nw:

GoSlash27
11-20-2011, 07:00 AM
I never even noticed it. Looking back, it's very silly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib43Lfdivdw