The starting LB's this week...according to Tomlin

ROLB: Timmons
ILB: Farrior
ILB: Foote
LOLB: Woodley

Wordlis is out too

tube517
10-04-2011, 11:20 AM
I'd like to see Sylvester get in there on some plays.

polamalubeast
10-04-2011, 11:20 AM
:frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::frusty::f rusty::frusty:

BlastFurnace
10-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Well, we've been curious as to how Timmons would do on the outside. I guess we will see now.

BlastFurnace
10-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Correction: Harrison could be out several weeks.

tube517
10-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Well, we've been curious as to how Timmons would do on the outside. I guess we will see now.

He's played OLB before when Harrison was hurt.

The Duke
10-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Wow, what happened to Worilds now?

I'd be scared of starting Foote and Farrior if the titans had a viable tight end over the middle. But if they can play the way we know they can play CJ shouldn't be that big of an issue

BlastFurnace
10-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Wow, what happened to Worilds now?

Strained Quad

BlastFurnace
10-04-2011, 11:30 AM
He's played OLB before when Harrison was hurt.

Yes, but now it is for an extended time.

suitanim
10-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Timmons is very, very fast...and I don't mean 40 time, which is bullshit anyway, but I mean playing speed fast. I'm curious to see how he plays on the outside. That could potentially create a match-up problem...not saying that Harrison isn't a beast, but this is a different dynamic completely. Where Silverback can overpower OT's, I think Timmons might be able to run around a couple people. We'll have to see.

GutterflowerSteel
10-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Coach T will be on Sirius in a couple of minutes for his weekly spot, just FYI

Devilsdancefloor
10-04-2011, 11:44 AM
Id like to see sly in the middle foote hasnt played very well this year

BigNastyDefense
10-04-2011, 12:07 PM
Damn. Maybe this will give him more time for his back to heal up too.

I have always thought that when Silverback decides to hang em up, we'd move Timmons to the outside which is where he was originally drafted to play because the coaches weren't sure if Harrison would be a starter. A lot of players are super subs but never work out as starters.

I also hope Sylvester gets some snaps at ILB because I think he's the future there no matter what the Steelers end up doing with Timmons once Harrison retires or gets released.

7willBheaven
10-04-2011, 12:19 PM
I'd like to see Sylvester get in there on some plays.

I have a feeling we will see him get some snaps...since Foote is going to be starting they may use him to rotate with Farrior...maybe not as much as Foote gets to come in...but still he should see some snaps.

SteelerFanInStl
10-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Well that sucks. :(

Farrior and Foote on the inside worries me. I hope that Sylvester gets a lot of snaps.

Pretty hard to believe that Deebo fractured the orbital bone on that hit. He even came back in the game and was playing with it.

Steeldude
10-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Per Tomlin presser.

Fractured orbital bone.

that was my guess.

86WARD
10-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Gonna get ugly...

steeldevil
10-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Farrior and Foote starting ILBs?

Oh no... They have both played bad this year.

Start Sylvester, see if he can play.

HometownGal
10-04-2011, 01:26 PM
This SUCKS. Hopefully, the others will step up to the task. Hurry back Deebo!!!!

Chidi29
10-04-2011, 01:29 PM
For comparison's sake, Darren McFadden broke his orbital bone on August 4th. He returned to practice on August 22nd.

Chidi29
10-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Like you guys said, having Foote in there is a scary thought. Been blown out of the run the past few weeks. I thought coming into the week before all the injuries that we cuold take care of Chris Johnson, but now, I'm not so sure.

Plus, we don't have a super athletic cover guy at ILB anymore. Going to have to put Troy on Jared Cook a lot more and limit what #43 is able to do, especially talking about being the extra defender against the run.

BigNastyDefense
10-04-2011, 01:39 PM
Like you guys said, having Foote in there is a scary thought. Been blown out of the run the past few weeks. I thought coming into the week before all the injuries that we cuold take care of Chris Johnson, but now, I'm not so sure.

Plus, we don't have a super athletic cover guy at ILB anymore. Going to have to put Troy on Jared Cook a lot more and limit what #43 is able to do, especially talking about being the extra defender against the run.

I can't believe how fall Foote has fallen in his run defense. He was never a great linebacker, but against the run he was always at least good. It's like he forgot how to take an angle to make the tackle, and he was never very fast to begin with. If he can't take the angle on a slower back, Chris Johnson will burn him big time.

BigPoppaG
10-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Put a face shield on him and put him back in!

oneforthetoe
10-04-2011, 01:43 PM
Foote will be ok if the d'line does it's job. I certainly don't expect Foote to stand his ground against 330 pound offensive linemen if our d'line can't.

tube517
10-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Yes, but now it is for an extended time.

I'm not worried about TImmons at OLB...I'm petrified at Foote and Farrior at ILB for an extended period of time.

BlastFurnace
10-04-2011, 02:15 PM
I'm not worried about TImmons at OLB...I'm petrified at Foote and Farrior at ILB for an extended period of time.

I agree with you about Farrior and Foote.

Too bad it's not 2008 again for these two.

Steeldude
10-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Foote will be ok if the d'line does it's job. I certainly don't expect Foote to stand his ground against 330 pound offensive linemen if our d'line can't.

foote will most likely take his usual poor angles and wait for ball carriers to come to him, not vice versa. i would rather have worilds start while harrison is out. foote for some reason has fooled people into thinking he is good against the run. any LB can make tackles 3 to 5 yards passed the scrimmage. if they do start foote and slide timmons out, i hope they sub in sylvester for a few plays

Merchant
10-04-2011, 02:42 PM
That's a lot of age in the middle. Not good when up against a running back as fast as Chris Johnson.

Chidi29
10-04-2011, 02:58 PM
Quick question. There's nowhere to watch the game again, is there? VCR screwed up and I don't even have half the game. Doesn't look like it's on NFL Replay.

Spike
10-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Put a face shield on him and put him back in!

Orbital bone fractures usually put hockey players out for a month,.

I say what the hell. Make the defense shuffle it's schemes for a change, no more guessing, just play your position.

Let him rest his back too.

We draft enough LB's every year, maybe somebody will step up - time to put the big boys pads on.

st33lersguy
10-04-2011, 03:20 PM
So basically with Harrison out and Ben likely out the season is in danger.

Spike
10-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Everyone is reporting Ben will play.

maybe a little adversity will fire them up on defense....they've been sleepwalking all year so far....get them fat wallet players on defense to produce

No fucking turnovers means they better get their asses in gear

ALLD
10-04-2011, 03:59 PM
The running lanes are going to part like the Red Sea, biblically speaking.

steelreserve
10-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Well, this is just going from bad to worse.

Spike
10-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Fuck the Titans

Count Steeler
10-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Hope its is nothing serious with Harrison. Worilds injured as well. Will Chris Carter dress or Ivy? Suddenly we are thin at our "strength" position.

7willBheaven
10-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Hope its is nothing serious with Harrison. Worilds injured as well. Will Chris Carter dress or Ivy? Suddenly we are thin at our "strength" position.

Well seeing how Ivy is not on the team...

Spike
10-04-2011, 04:21 PM
Mike Tomlin: "Next man up, bitches"

stillers4me
10-04-2011, 04:26 PM
I actually knew about this since Sunday and was waiting for conformation. Alex Holmes, Troy's brother in law, tweeted that James may have an orbital fracture right after it happened. All the guys at our table were making fun of me because I was getting information from Troy's brother in law on Twitter.... I told them the guy is usually dead on.

I made sure to text one of them today and remind my sources are always right!! HA!!!

Count Steeler
10-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Well seeing how Ivy is not on the team...

He's on the practice squad and I think Carter was listed as injured last week. Just wondering if Carter is fit or will they activate Ivy?

BlastFurnace
10-04-2011, 04:29 PM
I actually knew about this since Sunday and was waiting for conformation. Alex Holmes, Troy's brother in law, tweeted that James may have an orbital fracture right after it happened. All the guys at our table were making fun of me because I was getting information from Troy's brother in law on Twitter.... I told them the guy is usually dead on.

I made sure to text one of them today and remind my sources are always right!! HA!!!

You can't hold out on us like that :>)

Spike
10-04-2011, 04:32 PM
I actually knew about this since Sunday and was waiting for conformation.

and you didn't spill your guts and tell us?

what kind of a rumor-monger are you?

stillers4me
10-04-2011, 04:35 PM
You can't hold out on us like that :>)

and you didn't spill your guts and tell us?

what kind of a rumor-monger are you?

Because you guys wouldn't have believed me, either. :lol:

stillers4me
10-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Some funny stuff from twitter today....James is always saying stuff like "I'm so sick of hearing about your spleen" to Ryan Clark.
http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/1185014337/new_debo_normal.jpgjharrison9292 (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/jharrison9292)James Harrisonby Steelers_Univer

I told y'all it's wasn't a concussion!! Lol I'll be ok in time.

http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/1185014337/new_debo_normal.jpgjharrison9292 (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/jharrison9292)James Harrisonby Steelers_Univer@

@RealRClark25 (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/RealRClark25) It wasn't like I lost my spleen or gallbladder. :)

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1566127751/backpic_normal.jpgRealRClark25 (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/RealRClark25)ryan clark

@jharrison9292 (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/jharrison9292) is a true tough guy & team player. He came back in the game w a broken orbital bone! He broke his eye! #unbelievable (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/search?q=%23unbelievable)!

http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1566127751/backpic_normal.jpgRealRClark25 (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/RealRClark25)ryan clark

“@Blackdoll69 (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/Blackdoll69): @jharrison9292 (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/jharrison9292) OMG,you guys are hilarious ☺” He is just hating bcuz I lost organs. He wants to be the only tough guy

Spike
10-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Let Charlie Batch lead us to another 3-1 streak.....I'm in.

BlastFurnace
10-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Because you guys wouldn't have believed me, either. :lol:

I would have :>)

Seriously, some smart alec would have been saying..."Link"

stillers4me
10-04-2011, 05:24 PM
I would have :>)

Seriously, some smart alec would have been saying..."Link"

I just went to his twitter page to look for that tweet and he must have deleted it......TMI?? I caught it during the game though.

tube517
10-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Quick question. There's nowhere to watch the game again, is there? VCR screwed up and I don't even have half the game. Doesn't look like it's on NFL Replay.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo!

Psycho Ward 86
10-04-2011, 06:15 PM
So basically with Harrison out and Ben likely out the season is in danger.

where did you get that. Ben is likely to play.

zulater
10-04-2011, 09:08 PM

If you have high speed internet you should check out "NFL rewind" at NFL.com. I got the season package for 39.95, and for that you get the full network replay (sans commercials) of every game played since 2009, including playoffs. They got a 10 second back button that I abuse the hell out of. I'll watch the same play again and again and again, focusing in on a different player every time I replay it. Anyway I know it's not cheap, but I would imagine it would be well worth it for you.

SteelGhost
10-04-2011, 09:35 PM
If Foster rushed for 155, I don't want to even imagine how many yards CJ will have against Farrior and Foote :doh: Let's hope Sylvester can do the job if Tomlin gives him some reps.

BlastFurnace
10-04-2011, 10:37 PM
If you have high speed internet you should check out "NFL rewind" at NFL.com. I got the season package for 39.95, and for that you get the full network replay (sans commercials) of every game played since 2009, including playoffs. They got a 10 second back button that I abuse the hell out of. I'll watch the same play again and again and again, focusing in on a different player every time I replay it. Anyway I know it's not cheap, but I would imagine it would be well worth it for you.

Does it include this years games?

Chidi29
10-04-2011, 10:40 PM

So I can get to watch the Houston game?

I saw it and was thinking about getting the monthly subscription just so I could watch the Texans game.

Chidi29
10-04-2011, 10:41 PM
If Foster rushed for 155, I don't want to even imagine how many yards CJ will have against Farrior and Foote :doh: Let's hope Sylvester can do the job if Tomlin gives him some reps.

I thought a lot of what worked well for Houston last week was scheme based and the Titans run a man scheme from what I'm aware of. But with all the injuries, I'm again worried.

BigNastyDefense
10-04-2011, 10:53 PM
I thought a lot of what worked well for Houston last week was scheme based and the Titans run a man scheme from what I'm aware of. But with all the injuries, I'm again worried.

I'm worried too, because Chris Johnson has a so much speed. If he makes that cut like Foster did and there isn't someone there to tackle him....he'll likely win the race.

I am really hoping the Steelers end up started Hood & Heyward. It's time the youth is served in Pittsburgh, PA. They drafted these guys in the first round because the knew the defensive line was getting too long in the tooth....they need to be on the field.

Austin87
10-05-2011, 03:23 AM
Wow, sucks for Harrison. I'm not thrilled to see what our LB play will be like without him. Hopefully Sylvester and Carter can get a few plays.

zulater
10-05-2011, 05:10 AM
Does it include this years games?

Yes. The only stipulation is that it's not available during NFL broadcasts. So basically you're blacked out Sunday after first games kickoff until the last game is over. Same with MNF too. But they're great in that the get this seasons games up within 10 hours of their completeion.

zulater
10-05-2011, 05:13 AM
So I can get to watch the Houston game?

I saw it and was thinking about getting the monthly subscription just so I could watch the Texans game.

Yes, I was working Sunday, I watched the Texans game on NFL rewind on Monday. You can also watch every game from this season as well. and for that matter every game played in the entire NFL since 2009, including playoffs. I might just rewatch last years divisional playoff win over the Ravens today as a matter of fact.

You'll love it Chidi, I promise, it's money well spent.

Pristas
10-05-2011, 07:12 AM
I have an idea! Couldn't they just form fit a piece of steel to his skull then pop a few rivets in to hold it in place? This could have two positives... 1. This could protect him. 2. Imagine the look on the opposing tackles face when he lines up against Harrison. :-}

BlastFurnace
10-05-2011, 07:17 AM
Yes. The only stipulation is that it's not available during NFL broadcasts. So basically you're blacked out Sunday after first games kickoff until the last game is over. Same with MNF too. But they're great in that the get this seasons games up within 10 hours of their completeion.

That will save me a lot of money with the NFL Ticket next year.

Chidi29
10-05-2011, 09:03 AM
Yes, I was working Sunday, I watched the Texans game on NFL rewind on Monday. You can also watch every game from this season as well. and for that matter every game played in the entire NFL since 2009, including playoffs. I might just rewatch last years divisional playoff win over the Ravens today as a matter of fact.

You'll love it Chidi, I promise, it's money well spent.

I think I'll get it today. Thanks for the info zulater.

SteelerFanInStl
10-05-2011, 10:00 AM
That will save me a lot of money with the NFL Ticket next year.

I got NFL Sunday Ticket for free this year. The year before last I got it free too. You just gotta know how to work DirecTV. :D

BlastFurnace
10-05-2011, 10:11 AM
I got NFL Sunday Ticket for free this year. The year before last I got it free too. You just gotta know how to work DirecTV. :D

The best I have gotten is NFL Ticket for $150.00. Honestly, it's the only reason I have stayed with them.

SteelerFanInStl
10-05-2011, 10:23 AM
The best I have gotten is NFL Ticket for $150.00. Honestly, it's the only reason I have stayed with them.

Whenever you're trying to get something free or discounted from DirecTV, you gotta talk to the Retentions department. They have more power than the regular CS. Just say "cancel" at the menu and you'll get to them. I've gotten tons of discounts and free stuff over the 14 years or so that I've been with them. It's one of the reasons that I stay with them.

Spike
10-05-2011, 01:07 PM
I got the Ticket this year for $80 by calling and threatening to switch to Dish. the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

XxKnightxX
10-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Timmons is very, very fast...and I don't mean 40 time, which is bullshit anyway, but I mean playing speed fast. I'm curious to see how he plays on the outside. That could potentially create a match-up problem...not saying that Harrison isn't a beast, but this is a different dynamic completely. Where Silverback can overpower OT's, I think Timmons might be able to run around a couple people. We'll have to see.

Michael Roos is a beast though. So its going to be a big test for Timmons.

XxKnightxX
10-06-2011, 08:49 AM
I have an idea! Couldn't they just form fit a piece of steel to his skull then pop a few rivets in to hold it in place? This could have two positives... 1. This could protect him. 2. Imagine the look on the opposing tackles face when he lines up against Harrison. :-}

http://trendsupdates.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/terminator.jpg

RheeRhee
10-06-2011, 10:36 PM
like a couple others have said i'm actually glad Harrison is going to be out for a couple weeks. Timmons will be decent at OLB and this injury gives Harrison some MUCH needed rest.