PDA

View Full Version : Harrison: If one person doesn't get the job done, it looks bad for the whole squad

stillers4me
10-04-2011, 05:40 AM
A perturbed James Harrison suggests that if the Steelers defense cannot play better than it has, they must make some changes. He did not say who should be involved in those changes, but made it clear the defensive scheme is not to blame.

"Every man needs to do his job, take care of his responsibilities," Harrison fumed after the Houston Texans gouged his defense Sunday. "It's not the scheme, it's not other BS; it's each man doing his job, and, right now, every man is not doing his job, period."

How's that?

"People are getting beat. You have to come out there and work the man who's in front of you, and we're not doing that right now.".............

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11277/1179589-66-0.stm

pepsyman1
10-04-2011, 06:14 AM
James telling it like it is. No sugar coating or BS, just the truth. I hope the coaching staff turns the screws up on some people.

HometownGal
10-04-2011, 06:36 AM
Way to speak it James. :thumbsup: If I had seen one more missed tackle on Sunday, I was going to gouge my eyes out with a spork. :horror:

GBMelBlount
10-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Where's the fire and will to win?

The collective apathy is painful to watch.

BigPoppaG
10-04-2011, 06:58 AM
What over the top contribution has Harrison done lately? Am I missing it? I think a mirror is needed in this case. Last year he was in the news DAILY. Now it's just when he is reaming the team. I say step up and show by example. Harrison is one of my favorites but this year it just seems he is off.

86WARD
10-04-2011, 07:27 AM
Both Harrison and Woodley are off. 3 1/2 sacks through 4 games combined? If anything Harrison was a critical piece in the Steelers winning in Indy. At least he and Polomalu came to play that day...lol. Ike Taylor has been a solid spot in this dismal start to 2011. But let's be honest...their 23rd rush defense ranking...is realistically more like 31st in the league if not for the ineptness that is the Seattle Seahawks. Without that game, they've been gashed for 149 yards/game on the ground. A far, far cry from "Steelers Football."

Pristas
10-04-2011, 08:00 AM
Let's not forget James has a legitimate excuse. He is coming off of back surgery, and has been improving every day and every game. He seems to be getting his strength back, and I think I've even read somewhere that he has been working out fiercely to get back to shape. So he may already be leading by example... especially if he gets himself back to James 2009 physicality.

86WARD
10-04-2011, 09:00 AM
And he's not using it as an excuse.

Spike
10-04-2011, 09:07 AM
Shut up and play

nobody likes a finger pointing bitch in the locker room telling reporters you suck

BigPoppaG
10-04-2011, 09:27 AM
Shut up and play

nobody likes a finger pointing bitch in the locker room telling reporters you suck

he he he...try not to hold back spike.

Devilsdancefloor
10-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Shut up and play

Some body needs to stand up and point a finger! I am already tired of well that darn zone blocking, screw that come on coaches and D need to step it up.

Spike
10-04-2011, 09:57 AM
finger pointing is the mark of a loser

get it done on the field...locker room jibber jabber solves nothing

st33lersguy
10-04-2011, 10:20 AM
I agree with Harrison, certain people have to play better or get benched.

BigPoppaG
10-04-2011, 10:30 AM
I agree with Harrison, certain people have to play better or get benched.
Harrison is one of them.

86WARD
10-04-2011, 12:38 PM
No need for
James
To be benched now that he's injured and out for a few weeks. Well find out who the problems are soon enough. The was pathetic with him. Now with him on the sidelines it's gonna get uglier.

Craic
10-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Just gotta say, I LOVE this quote from him.

"Each man needs to nut up,

Spike
10-04-2011, 04:01 PM
It's on now

"Troy, Woodley and Timmons - - you have to save the season" - - signed; James Harrison's busted eye bone

The whole defense has been sleepwalking all year so far.....no fucking turnovers means they all better get their asses in gear, that's what I says

Count Steeler
10-04-2011, 04:25 PM
James should have kept this in the locker room. Time for the leaders on the team to close the door and air out the garbage. Have a team meeting and get some issues resolved. Amazingly this season can still be salvaged. Can't just sit back and wait anymore.

Dino 6 Rings
10-04-2011, 04:47 PM
I kind of agree, they are looking like shiiit on a pile of puke. the entire team.

Time to man up and beat a very good and tough Tennessee team. CAN NO LOSE! MUST WHINE!

zulater
10-04-2011, 05:41 PM
Where's the fire and will to win?

The collective apathy is painful to watch.

I don't think it's apathy. If anything other than age is to account for this it's the new CBA imo. The new restrictions on practices and hitting probably hurt's our defense more than most.

steel striker
10-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Our defense is not getting to the qb to force turnovers and, this week Timmons can help change that.