PDA

View Full Version : Week 5:Tennesse Titans(3-1)

polamalubeast
10-03-2011, 03:23 PM
The Titans are playing very well right now. Hasselbeck is very good and the Titans defense is for the first points allowed.And Chris Johnson had a good game yesterday.

The Titans also won against the Ravens had the week 2.

The Steelers must be ready

Count Steeler
10-03-2011, 04:07 PM
The Steelers better have 911 on their speed dial.

Seriously, though, I think we will see a much improved defensive effort this week. I hope Ben is healthy and can go, cause if he can, we have a better than 50 50 chance of winning this week.

The Duke
10-03-2011, 04:30 PM
If this was a Tennesse I'd concede it's probably a loss with how the team is playing

but at home, I think Hasselbeck won't be able to handle the crowd. And hopefully they electrify the defense

YoungMoneyFam
10-03-2011, 04:51 PM
This could be a tough one..

salamander
10-03-2011, 04:52 PM
The Steelers haven't done well on the road so maybe being at home is what they need right now.

Count Steeler
10-03-2011, 04:56 PM
I'm going to be at the game, so I am hoping the "home cooking" does something to our guys and we get the best effort yet from the whole team.

It will be a really long drive home if they lay another egg, especially at home. Don't want my first experience at Heinz to be a boo fest.

Edman
10-03-2011, 05:44 PM
We'll see if the Steelers really are a different team at home or if the Seattle game was just a fluke. It's essentially the last gasp after stumbling though the first quarter of the season with 3 of the first four games spent on the road in pretty hostile stadiums.

That said, I still don't like Pittsburgh's chances against anyone this year. The Titans look like the kind of team that could easily smash the Steelers into the ground.

O'Malley
10-03-2011, 05:44 PM
The way there playing the can't beat anybody.. It's not the O-Line it's the whole team.. It's like they don't care......

Austin87
10-04-2011, 03:32 AM
The way there playing the can't beat anybody.. It's not the O-Line it's the whole team.. It's like they don't care......

I'm seeing this as well.

suitanim
10-04-2011, 05:39 AM
Titans weren't running the ball real well, but Johnson had a long holdout and seems to be getting back into form. They play great D, run the ball, and can throw the ball.

The Steelers defense will save them, and they'll win this game and go to 3-2. But I don't think it's going to be pretty.

Dino 6 Rings
10-04-2011, 10:06 AM
This will be a tough game. Titans aren't going to lay down.

st33lersguy
10-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Chris Johnson vs the steeler run defense, game over. Plus Hasselbeck has been playing well enough to shred the Steeler secondary. I think last week the Andre Johnson injury prevented the Texans from gaining more yards through the air

suitanim
10-04-2011, 10:54 AM
I disagree. Foster is playing at a much higher level than Johnson right now. The reason the Titans are winning right now is defense. I think we can slow them down offensively, and our offense will do just enough to pull this out.

If it was in Tennessee, we'd be in trouble.

Interestingly, the Titans are the polar opposite of the Steelers. Their coach is very vocal about the fact that their offense is predicated upon first and foremost protecting the QB, while that is obviously the very last concern of the Steelers.

Randy06
10-04-2011, 03:22 PM
I personally think Johnson could go off on us this week, he is due, and we have been getting torched. I hope the guys bring some intensity on sunday because they are going to need it. I want to see the hunger and unity that we have been lacking.

Hindes204
10-04-2011, 04:11 PM
Hasslebeck has been playing good ball, Johnson is due for a big game, Ben is beat up, Harrison is out...Hopefully being at home gives us enough motivation to pull through

YoungMoneyFam
10-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Im getting real sick of ESPN talking about how the Steelers are "done" already. A win this week is much needed, for the team and my own personal confidence in this team.

Count Steeler
10-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Let's see what our guys are made of. Time to step up or time to check out.

polamalubeast
10-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Matt Hasselbeck is the best free-agent addition

Dino 6 Rings
10-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Chris Johnson can be stopped, he's gashed us before but as long as we focus on the Run D first, we should be able to hold him down and frustrate him. If we can get out to an early 2 score lead, it'll take the ball out of Johnson's hands as the Titans play catch up and we can focus on crushing Hasselbeck's spine with blitzes. One good hit on Hasselbeck and its a Steelers win, the guy is a shadow of a has been QB, if you can get to him and rattle him early he'll make mistakes and limp around looking for someone to blame for his ints.

zulater
10-04-2011, 05:39 PM
Vegas has us pegged as a 5 point favorite. I think they got it right. The Steelers will win, but it wont be pretty and we'll probably be flying by the seat of our pants again in the closing moments.

Hindes204
10-04-2011, 05:45 PM
the guy is a shadow of a has been QB, if you can get to him and rattle him early he'll make mistakes and limp around looking for someone to blame for his ints.

I wouldnt exactly call him a shadow of a has been. The Titans are 3-1, hes 88 for 132, 1152 yards, 8 TDs, 3 Ints...pretty good through 4 games

Psycho Ward 86
10-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Chris Johnson vs the steeler run defense, game over.

Are you kidding me, the run defense has been absolutely comical this season. Did you think the same way about Ray Rice and Arian Foster?

Crow-Magnon
10-04-2011, 06:06 PM
After the Steelers blow-out, I think most Ravens fans thought the Titans game wouldn't be that difficult. After the loss to Tennessee, a lot of people thought Baltimore laid an egg with a post-victory let-down. Now, at 3-1, I think a lot of people are starting to look at the Titans in a different light. They may not be a SB contender, but they are not a team to be taken lightly, either.

X-Terminator
10-04-2011, 07:18 PM
Are you kidding me, the run defense has been absolutely comical this season. Did you think the same way about Ray Rice and Arian Foster?

Don't think he meant what you think he meant...

Shoes
10-04-2011, 07:19 PM
We win this one .....Troy is going to get the mojo juice flowing!

Pittsburgh43
10-05-2011, 12:41 AM
Gotta remember that the Titans' main receiving threat Kenny Britt is out for the season. He had 289 yards & 3 TD's until being injured in the 3rd game of the season. CJ had been a shell of himself until rushing for 101 yards this past week against Cleveland. They have a nice Tight End in Jared Cook who they'll definitely target more now that Britt is done.
After being on the road for 3/4 games, I think this is exactly what the Steelers need. They need to be home with a stadium full of rowdy Steeler fans.
They'll hold down the fort while JH is out, and we'll head into the Arizona/New England/Baltimore stretch with some momentum.

suitanim
10-05-2011, 09:04 AM
There was a TV in the Steelers room at the sports bar with the Browns game on it. I watched a lot of that game, too. Johnson is not the Johnson of old, at least not yet. He's been back in pads for like 4 weeks now, so he's not even at the equivalent of the end of his preseason yet. He's not hitting the holes with as much quickness, and he lacks a little pop. He's still sort of rusty. That's the reason we should be able to keep him in check. In other words, it's him, not us...

SteelerFanInStl
10-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Gotta remember that the Titans' main receiving threat Kenny Britt is out for the season. He had 289 yards & 3 TD's until being injured in the 3rd game of the season. CJ had been a shell of himself until rushing for 101 yards this past week against Cleveland. They have a nice Tight End in Jared Cook who they'll definitely target more now that Britt is done.
After being on the road for 3/4 games, I think this is exactly what the Steelers need. They need to be home with a stadium full of rowdy Steeler fans.
They'll hold down the fort while JH is out, and we'll head into the Arizona/New England/Baltimore stretch with some momentum.

Yep, I was waiting for someone to mention Britt being out. He's been their main weapon so far this season and without him they're down to Nate Washington being their best WR.

Quite simply we've got to get pressure on Hasselbeck and contain CJ.

The Duke
10-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Yep, I was waiting for someone to mention Britt being out. He's been their main weapon so far this season and without him they're down to Nate Washington being their best WR.

Quite simply we've got to get pressure on Hasselbeck and contain CJ.

having seen him for four years in practice, I'm sure Ike will have no trouble with Nate

Contain CJ and this is a win

GodfatherofSoul
10-05-2011, 10:46 AM
Im getting real sick of ESPN talking about how the Steelers are "done" already.

I'm sick of hearing it on this website. We're 2-2 not 0-4.

86WARD
10-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Easily could be 1-3. Easily.

Devilsdancefloor
10-05-2011, 11:23 AM
I'm sick of hearing it on this website. We're 2-2 not 0-4.

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj178/MissConstrue_2008/Photos%202/Emoticans/Clapping1.gif