PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: MRI negative for fracture per ESPN

BlastFurnace
10-03-2011, 10:11 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7050676/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-walking-boot-unsure-status

They need the swelling to go down before they can make a definite prognosis

BlastFurnace
10-03-2011, 10:13 AM
The entire organization should be ashamed of themselves for how they have handled the O'line.

It's time for this to stop, and if that means cleaning out the existing coaching staff to change the mindset of this team, then so be it.

They gambled for so long with Ben's health, and now, 4 games into the season, the season could be over.

fansince'76
10-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Just keeps getting better and better.... :doh:

siss
10-03-2011, 10:17 AM
Im going to the nearest bridge to jump off it.

BlastFurnace
10-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Prediction: Tomlin will not last nearly as long as Cowher did with the Steelers.

No way are the Rooney's entirely satisfied with how this coaching staff has handled Ben.

X-Terminator
10-03-2011, 10:37 AM
Well, it was only a matter of time before someone called for Tomlin's head. Guess they should fire Colbert too, since he's more responsible for the team's failure to upgrade the talent on the OL. We already know how hated Bruce Arians is, so I won't even go there.

fansince'76
10-03-2011, 10:38 AM
Well, it was only a matter of time before someone called for Tomlin's head.

Yep. Surprised it took this long, actually. I figured it would start after the Ravens game.

polamalubeast
10-03-2011, 10:39 AM
Prediction: Tomlin will not last nearly as long as Cowher did with the Steelers.

No way are the Rooney's entirely satisfied with how this coaching staff has handled Ben.

It's not his fault if the o-line is bad.He has two Super Bowl appearances in five years, Tomlin is very competent.

siss
10-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Leave Omar out of this!

BlastFurnace
10-03-2011, 10:46 AM
Well, it was only a matter of time before someone called for Tomlin's head. Guess they should fire Colbert too, since he's more responsible for the team's failure to upgrade the talent on the OL. We already know how hated Bruce Arians is, so I won't even go there.

I'm not calling for Tomlin's head right now. Please don't put words in my comments. I said "It's time for this to stop, and if that means cleaning out the existing coaching staff to change the mindset of this team, then so be it." There is still time for change, but it needs to change.

Like it or not, the boss pays for the fault of the employees. Tomlin is no different.

I don't think that Tomln will last as long as Cowher did in Pittsburgh.

fansince'76
10-03-2011, 10:55 AM

How many NFL HCs last 15 years in the same place? That's not a bold prediction. And if it were up to the knee-jerk crowd, Cowher would have been sent packing after going 7-9 in 1998.

X-Terminator
10-03-2011, 11:01 AM
I'm not calling for Tomlin's head right now. Please don't put words in my comments. I said "It's time for this to stop, and if that means cleaning out the existing coaching staff to change the mindset of this team, then so be it." There is still time for change, but it needs to change.

Like it or not, the boss pays for the fault of the employees. Tomlin is no different.

I think he will. Do you know why? Because of who runs the organization. Thank God they are not knee-jerk reactionary owners who fire coaches more than they change their undies, and understand the value of patience as well as realizing that you can't be great or win the SB every year. Like FS said, if it were up to the fans, Cowher would not have lasted 15 years and Tomlin would have been fired after going 9-7 in 2009.

BlastFurnace
10-03-2011, 11:03 AM
How many NFL HCs last 15 years in the same place? That's not a bold prediction. And if it were up to the knee-jerk crowd, Cowher would have been sent packing after going 7-9 in 1998.

The past two Steelers coaches have, so there is no reason to believe that they had the same length in duration when they hired Tomlin.

Over the years, Cowher changed. Tomlin needs to as well. The o'line mentality with this team needs to change.

I don't remember anyone calling for Cowher's head in 1998. From what I remember, that year was very similar to 2009.

People got frustrated with Cowher in 1999 and 2000 when he stuck with Kordell.

polamalubeast
10-03-2011, 11:03 AM

and 6-10 in 1999 and 2003

Tomlin will stayed a long time in Pittsburgh.

Cowher was who decided to leave too.

BlastFurnace
10-03-2011, 11:05 AM
I think he will. Do you know why? Because of who runs the organization. Thank God they are not knee-jerk reactionary owners who fire coaches more than they change their undies, and understand the value of patience as well as realizing that you can't be great or win the SB every year. Like FS said, if it were up to the fans, Cowher would not have lasted 15 years and Tomlin would have been fired after going 9-7 in 2009.

No-one wants knee jerk reaction owners. That's not what I want. What I want to see is the team not giving up on young o'lineman like Urbik and keeping someone like Essex...who has been a weak link of this line ever since he got into town. This team needs to change it's mindset when it comes to the O'line...and that includes Tomlin.

stillers4me
10-03-2011, 11:16 AM
Sources: Ben Roethlisberger has sprain

Ben Roethlisberger (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/5536/ben-roethlisberger) has a sprained left foot, team sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen. The sources, however, would not speculate on the quarterback's status for the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/pit/pittsburgh-steelers)' game Sunday against the Tennessee Titans (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/ten/tennessee-titans).

A scan performed Monday on Roethlisberger's left foot was negative for a fracture, the sources said. An MRI on Sunday had indicated a possible fracture but the test was inconclusive because of swelling in the foot...............

read more @ http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7054209/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-sprained-foot-status-vs-tennessee-titans-unclear?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

stillers4me
10-03-2011, 11:18 AM
WTF?????
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1268876283/michigan_state_university_retro_flag_61100big_norm al.jpgDVEMike (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/DVEMike)Mike Prisuta

Steelers' injury woes continue: Mewelde Moore exits the South Side facility in a walking boot on Monday.

oneforthetoe
10-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Urbik was to be our salvation?

Hand meet straw.

BlastFurnace
10-03-2011, 11:28 AM
Urbik was to be our salvation?

Hand meet straw.

Please don't put words into my posts. I said...."What I want to see is the team not giving up on young o'lineman like Urbik and keeping someone like Essex...who has been a weak link of this line ever since he got into town".

No-where in my post do I say that Urbik was the answer. What I have a problem with, is that they gave up on him so fast and didn't develop him. Somehow, he ended up starting for Buffalo before he was hurt.

XxKnightxX
10-03-2011, 11:33 AM
Knowing Ben, he will lobby to play . But with that Titans D line and Jason Jones and Ball, I dont know man I dont even care about winning the game, I just want Ben to walk off the field and not in a cart.

zulater
10-03-2011, 11:35 AM
I understand exactly what Blast furnace is saying and concur completely. No one's asking for Tomlin or Colbert's head. I think all he's asking is for them to be more flexible and adapt to the situation as it evolves better.

And suggesting there were things Cowher did that Tomlin could learn from is no slander against Tomlin. It's just a matter of opinion that's supported strongly by previous results.

steelerdude15
10-03-2011, 12:04 PM
I hope they finally realized that we need to completely fix our O-line or a 100 million dollar investment is going down the drain.

stillers4me
10-03-2011, 12:23 PM
http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/1411505679/super_bowl_pic_normal.jpgScottBrown_Trib (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/ScottBrown_Trib)Scott Brown

Steelers hopeful that Ben only sustained a sprain to the mid-foot area, but he is still being evaluated.

salamander
10-03-2011, 01:11 PM
This is going south really fast. And now MeMo is hurt? It's been him and Redman who have at least made our running game not look completely shitty.

Spike
10-03-2011, 01:34 PM
What will it take for the Steelers front office to get off their asses and get some new meat on the o-line?

How blind can they be? Where's old man Rooney?

I say get on the godammed phone and call Flo again, better yet, send Tomlin down in a Lear jet and bring Flo some milk and cookies for breakfast, do something...and forget that lame ass excuse about 'no cap room' when the Steelers were quoted many times saying money was no object in them not going out and signing Flo when Colon went down

Stop being so stubborn

polamalubeast
10-03-2011, 01:47 PM
What will it take for the Steelers front office to get off their asses and get some new meat on the o-line?
How blind can they be? Where's old man Rooney?

I say get on the godammed phone and call Flo again, better yet, send Tomlin down in a Lear jet and bring Flo some milk and cookies for breakfast, do something...and forget that lame ass excuse about 'no cap room' when the Steelers were quoted many times saying money was no object in them not going out and signing Flo when Colon went down

Stop being so stubborn

I think the fact that the Steelers made ​​two Super Bowl in three years ... the FO have said that the Steelers can win with a bad o-line!

The Steelers are a bit too arrogant not to improve our o-line and begins to hurt the steelers.

Spike
10-03-2011, 02:17 PM
I think the fact that the Steelers made ​​two Super Bowl in three years ... the FO have said that the Steelers can win with a bad o-line!

The Steelers are a bit too arrogant not to improve our o-line and begins to hurt the steelers.

The Ravens weren't too stubborn or arrogant to make changes to their O-line when they needed to. McKinnie and Gurode aren't all-pros - but they're better than the bags of donuts we have playing.

Spike
10-03-2011, 03:03 PM
Roethlisberger's foot not broken

Monday, October 03, 2011

By Ed Bouchette , Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Tests showed no broken bones in quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's left foot, which remains sore and somewhat swollen after it was injured in the Steelers' 17-10 loss Sunday in Houston to the Texans.

There still could be some other structural damage in the foot -- possbily a sprain, according to a source with knowledge of the injury. That damage will not be fully determined until the swelling subsides.

Roethlisberger's status for next Sunday's game against Tennessee at Heinz Field has yet to be determined.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11276/1179488-100.stm#ixzz1ZkcT3roJ

Austin87
10-04-2011, 03:23 AM
I think Roethlisberger will play against the Titans. Its a shame about the O-line, this offense could have been great this season.

Edman
10-04-2011, 04:13 AM
The O-Line Situation is the Tomlin edition of the Kordell Experiment.

Much like Cowher, Tomlin is too arrogant to realize hey, our Offensive Line could use some improvement. Cowher kept on sticking with Korkie even though he was average at best and it cost the Steelers more times than possible. Tomlin & Crew kept on poo-pooing the O-Line's deficiencies and it's likely cost them a Quarterback and a season. Oh it's okay our Offensive Line sucks. We won a Super Bowl with these guys. Willie Colon in no way has earned a new contract, Flozell Adams past his prime was far more effective in 14 games last season than Colon ever was, and yet he was given a new contract anyway. Our return investment? Another season sitting his ass on IR, after shitting all over with his trademark False Starts in the Baltimore game.

It's a telltale sign how low a priority the O-Line is. I don't care what people say. If this keeps up, Tomlin won't last as long as Cowher did in Pittsbugh. I already accepted this season as a washout, now something needs to be done before the Steelers wash out for years to come, and Tomlin finds himself in deep crap.

BlastFurnace
10-04-2011, 06:00 AM
:amen:

Much like Cowher, Tomlin is too arrogant to realize hey, our Offensive Line could use some improvement. Cowher kept on sticking with Korkie even though he was average at best and it cost the Steelers more times than possible. Tomlin & Crew kept on poo-pooing the O-Line's deficiencies and it's likely cost them a Quarterback and a season. Oh it's okay our Offensive Line sucks. We won a Super Bowl with these guys. Willie Colon in no way has earned a new contract, Flozell Adams past his prime was far more effective in 14 games last season than Colon ever was, and yet he was given a new contract anyway. Our return investment? Another season sitting his ass on IR, after shitting all over with his trademark False Starts in the Baltimore game.

It's a telltale sign how low a priority the O-Line is. I don't care what people say. If this keeps up, Tomlin won't last as long as Cowher did in Pittsbugh. I already accepted this season as a washout, now something needs to be done before the Steelers wash out for years to come, and Tomlin finds himself in deep crap.

:amen::amen::amen::amen::amen:

HometownGal
10-04-2011, 06:42 AM
I hope they finally realized that we need to completely fix our O-line or a 100 million dollar investment is going down the drain.

This ^^^. I can't even get pissed off at Kugler - can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

Thank God Ben's foot isn't fractured but sometimes a sprain can be almost as bad. :horror: Any more news on MeMo?

Spike
10-04-2011, 09:10 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You better be hoping Ben heals quick

Dr. Lindsey Harrington, a Mount Lebanon-based physical therapist, said the severity of the mid-foot sprain will determine how much it hampers Roethlisberger.

"A grade I would take a couple of weeks (to fully recover), but for a pro athlete, it wouldn't impact playing time or the ability to get right back on the field," said Harrington, who works for David Physical Therapy.

"If it's a grade III sprain, where all the ligaments are torn, it may take a month or more to completely heal. But it is possible to get an athlete back on the field within a week or so if treated with appropriate taping or bracing for added stability and prevention of further injury to the ankle."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_760075.html

X-Terminator
10-04-2011, 09:18 AM

And now we have 2. And I'll tell you the same thing I told BlastFurnace - if you think Tomlin isn't going to last as long as Cowher did, then you'd better get on Kevin Colbert's ass too, because as much or more than anyone else, HE has ignored the OL for far too long. Why does he get a pass, but Tomlin is the one who gets canned in your mind? Not only that, again, the Steelers do not have knee-jerk reactionaries (ie. fans) running the organization and aren't just going to fire Tomlin because the fans think it's his fault the OL stinks. And thank God for that. If anything, Art II will be the one who prods Colbert to finally address the OL problem, because he seems to be a bit more hands-on than his father was.

BlastFurnace
10-04-2011, 09:30 AM
And now we have 2. And I'll tell you the same thing I told BlastFurnace - if you think Tomlin isn't going to last as long as Cowher did, then you'd better get on Kevin Colbert's ass too, because as much or more than anyone else, HE has ignored the OL for far too long. Why does he get a pass, but Tomlin is the one who gets canned in your mind? Not only that, again, the Steelers do not have knee-jerk reactionaries (ie. fans) running the organization and aren't just going to fire Tomlin because the fans think it's his fault the OL stinks. And thank God for that. If anything, Art II will be the one who prods Colbert to finally address the OL problem, because he seems to be a bit more hands-on than his father was.

I'll repeat myself again....I didn't say to fire Tomlin. Please quit putting words into my posts. I said...and I'll repeat...a change of mindset needs to take place within the entire organization about the o'line. That includes, Tomlin, Colbert, and whoever else makes decisions.

Tomlin and Colbert are part of this problem. Neither one gets a pass. Neither should be fired, but if they refuse to change, then it may be time for a change. Our QB is getting killed back there and our running game is non-existent. That is a big problem.

X-Terminator
10-04-2011, 09:38 AM
I'll repeat myself again....I didn't say to fire Tomlin. Please quit putting words into my posts. I said...and I'll repeat...a change of mindset needs to take place within the entire organization about the o'line. That includes, Tomlin, Colbert, and whoever else makes decisions.

Tomlin and Colbert are part of this problem. Neither one gets a pass. Neither should be fired, but if they refuse to change, then it may be time for a change. Our QB is getting killed back there and our running game is non-existent. That is a big problem.

I wholeheartedly agree that it is an organizational problem and is not one man's fault. The latter is my point. Sorry to put words in your posts, but I always bristle when the very thought of firing the HC comes up in any form. It's too easy a conclusion and is one that fans of losing teams come to most often. We are not fans of a loser.

Spike
10-04-2011, 09:51 AM
Any more news on MeMo?

there's this...

Mewelde Moore has a high ankle sprain

gerrydulac Gerry Dulac

DE Aaron Smith mid-foot sprain, RB mewelde moore high ankle sprain prob wont play vs titans..

7 minutes ago
Gerry Dulac

LB James Harrison eye injury is still a problem, team source said.