PDA

View Full Version : Ben is hurt - surprised?

stillers4me
10-02-2011, 03:45 PM
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1427102760/Head_normal.jpgDejan_Kovacevic (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/Dejan_Kovacevic)Dejan Kovacevic

Ben was just helped into locker room, in clear discomfort. Left foot heavily bandaged, iced. #Steelers (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/search?q=%23Steelers)

stillers4me
10-02-2011, 03:46 PM
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1268876283/michigan_state_university_retro_flag_61100big_norm al.jpg
DVEMike (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/DVEMike)Mike Prisuta

Roethlisberger exits shower on crutches, walking boot applied to left foot

stillers4me
10-02-2011, 03:47 PM
http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/362418918/meandsammy_003_normal.jpgjimwexell (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/jimwexell)James C Wexell

Tomlin on injuries: Ben sprained ankle, ASmith mid-foot sprain, Mendenhall hamstring, Worilds quad.

X-Terminator
Is it the same foot he had problems with before? Either way, I'm not surprised. Way to protect the franchise, front office.

EDIT: Sprained ankle and not foot. Post still stands.

steelersfanman92
Do you think Watt will be fined for the hit?

steeldevil
Ben needs to man up, and get in a room with Tomlin, Colbert, and the Rooney's, and DEMAND something be done about the OL...

I know some of you guys may not agree with this because technically Ben is an employee and whatnot... But I think he should do it.

stillers4me
I think it was his right foot last year.

tube517
10-02-2011, 03:48 PM

No

XxKnightxX
10-02-2011, 03:48 PM
There ya go . That In-House O line, I think the foundation just crumbled.

X-Terminator
10-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Ben needs to man up, and get in a room with Tomlin, Colbert, and the Rooney's, and DEMAND something be done about the OL...

I know some of you guys may not agree with this because technically Ben is an employee and whatnot... But I think he should do it.

I agree 100%, but Ben won't do it. It's not his style and wasn't even before his image rehab. You know Marsha would have done it by now.

stillers4me
10-02-2011, 03:50 PM

Absolutely.
The big man says so...
http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/1488397487/image_normal.jpgMikePereira (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/MikePereira)Mike Pereira

In Steelers game - Ben got hit right in the knees in the pocket and thats illegal.

salamander
10-02-2011, 03:50 PM
I just can't understand how the front office finds it ok to have that putrid o-line protecting the $100 million franchise QB.

stillers4me
10-02-2011, 03:51 PM
I just can't understand how the front office finds it ok to have that putrid o-line protecting the $100 million franchise QB.

I don't care about this game. I'm so pissed about this I can't see straight.

steelerdude15
10-02-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm not surprised. How about this front office do something.

fansince'76
10-02-2011, 03:53 PM

Brock was. That being said, who knows?

Godfather
10-02-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm not sure what we can do about the O-line right now. We could theoretically pick up some guys off the street, but if they're not on a roster it means they're not even good enough to be a backup for Chicago's putrid O-line.

steelerdude15
10-02-2011, 03:54 PM
I suggest we all write to the Steelers and complain.

fansince'76
10-02-2011, 03:56 PM
I'm not sure what we can do about the O-line right now. We could theoretically pick up some guys off the street, but if they're not on a roster it means they're not even good enough to be a backup for Chicago's putrid O-line.

Exactly. There's not much that can be done at this point. Anyone they pick up now will be just as big a pile of suck as what they have now.

Devilsdancefloor
10-02-2011, 03:57 PM
Ben needs to take out the oline and have a nice long talk to him. i seen to many times today Kemo standing there watching not staying blocks no doing anything. Some one needs to get in these guys face as well from the coaching staff.

steeldevil
10-02-2011, 03:58 PM
We simply have to get better at running the ball or Ben may not make it to the end of the year. Its that simple.

Shoes
10-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Heck no.....take the season off Ben and spend some of that money you've earned.

stillers4me
10-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Ben needs to take out the oline and have a nice long talk to him. i seen to many times today Kemo standing there watching not staying blocks no doing anything. Some one needs to get in these guys face as well from the coaching staff.

You would think seeing your QB in a walking boot after the game because you suck would be a big enough clue.

Maybe the hometown crowd needs to start booing them again.

It worked before.

stillers4me
10-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Heck no.....take the season off Ben and spend some of that money you've earned.

And take your wife on a honeymoon.

Shoes
10-02-2011, 04:02 PM

Thanks.....I forgot to add that!

tube517
10-02-2011, 04:05 PM
Absolutely.
The big man says so...
http://a2.twimg.com/profile_images/1488397487/image_normal.jpgMikePereira (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/#!/MikePereira)Mike Pereira

In Steelers game - Ben got hit right in the knees in the pocket and thats illegal.

I'll believe it when I see it. :chuckle:

Devilsdancefloor
10-02-2011, 04:08 PM
You would think seeing your QB in a walking boot after the game because you suck would be a big enough clue.

Maybe the hometown crowd needs to start booing them again.

It worked before.

i would think so, but i bet they are not blaming themselves, but Watt instead. Id love'em to get boooed at home i really would that might wake them all up.

BlastFurnace
10-02-2011, 04:10 PM
I agree 100%, but Ben won't do it. It's not his style and wasn't even before his image rehab. You know Marsha would have done it by now.

Marsha wouldn't need to do it. Bellicheck, love him or hate him, wouldn't field a team with a O'line like this.

For some reason, the powers that be in Pittsburgh don't seem to think that the o'line is an important position. They would rather draft linebackers.

XxKnightxX
10-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Check out Ramon Fosters Twitter, one of the fans called them all a failure and he snapped back at him. Theyre frustrated too, but dont get mad when the fans are calling you out. This is a crazy crazy thought, but How bout we trade Woodley for a LT . I think Goodell will get rid of the Tom Brady rule before that happens lol. But seriously I would of liked to spend 55 Million on a OL rather than Woodley. Regardless of the matter, next year we are gonna see a LOT of cuts.

BigNastyDefense
10-02-2011, 04:13 PM

I agree, but that's not how Ben does things. He's going to clap and be rah rah, and hope that by being Mr. Nice Ben, their admiration for him will get them to block better.

There are times to be that guy, and then there are the times to tell the ownership & front office that shit needs to get fixed. I really have a hard time putting this at the feet of the coaching staff, they don't choose the players. Mike Tomlin can put in requests, but in the end it's not his choice who gets signed and drafted, that's up to Kevin Colbert. And as for coaching these guys or schemes to help hide/fix the problems....you can only work with what you have, and when you have no talent then amount of coaching and scheming can fix that problem.

Also, I think Ben knows there really isn't anything the FO and coaches can do about it this season. They are right up against the cap, they have maybe $2.5M available. Also, who is really out there that would come in and be of help? Flozell Adams? Pffft! He's probably not anywhere near football shape, plus he won't get off his ass for anything less than $5M.

Honestly, anyone available isn't going to be any better than what the Steelers currently have on the roster, actually they might even be worse. This offensive line problem won't be fixed until the offseason. Hopefully they will be taking a tackle in the first round, and a guard in the second.

Shoes
10-02-2011, 04:14 PM
Marsha wouldn't need to do it. Bellicheck, love him or hate him, wouldn't field a team with a O'line like this.

For some reason, the powers that be in Pittsburgh don't seem to think that the o'line is an important position. They would rather draft linebackers.

I'm beginning to believe Einstein had more insight in football than our coaching staff

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

.....and your right about Bellicheat.

tube517
10-02-2011, 04:16 PM

Just not in Georgia. :chuckle:

tube517
10-02-2011, 04:19 PM
Check out Ramon Fosters Twitter, one of the fans called them all a failure and he snapped back at him. Theyre frustrated too, but dont get mad when the fans are calling you out. This is a crazy crazy thought, but How bout we trade Woodley for a LT . I think Goodell will get rid of the Tom Brady rule before that happens lol. But seriously I would of liked to spend 55 Million on a OL rather than Woodley. Regardless of the matter, next year we are gonna see a LOT of cuts.

See, that just shows to me they have no priorities. Foster's having a little spat on Twitter when he should just shut up and start planning for next week. Don't worry about people on a computer that you'll probably never ever see in person.

steeldevil
10-02-2011, 04:20 PM
I agree, but that's not how Ben does things. He's going to clap and be rah rah, and hope that by being Mr. Nice Ben, their admiration for him will get them to block better.

There are times to be that guy, and then there are the times to tell the ownership & front office that shit needs to get fixed. I really have a hard time putting this at the feet of the coaching staff, they don't choose the players. Mike Tomlin can put in requests, but in the end it's not his choice who gets signed and drafted, that's up to Kevin Colbert. And as for coaching these guys or schemes to help hide/fix the problems....you can only work with what you have, and when you have no talent then amount of coaching and scheming can fix that problem.

Also, I think Ben knows there really isn't anything the FO and coaches can do about it this season. They are right up against the cap, they have maybe $2.5M available. Also, who is really out there that would come in and be of help? Flozell Adams? Pffft! He's probably not anywhere near football shape, plus he won't get off his ass for anything less than $5M.

Honestly, anyone available isn't going to be any better than what the Steelers currently have on the roster, actually they might even be worse. This offensive line problem won't be fixed until the offseason. Hopefully they will be taking a tackle in the first round, and a guard in the second.

I agree that it is not Ben's style, but when shit gets to a certain point....

And yeah there isn't really anything they can do about it now, except trades I guess. Which of course won't happen. I meant that Ben should do this after the season in hopes that the FO will use multiple high picks on the OL. OT in first, OG in second I would hope.

BigNastyDefense
10-02-2011, 04:25 PM
I agree that it is not Ben's style, but when shit gets to a certain point....

And yeah there isn't really anything they can do about it now, except trades I guess. Which of course won't happen. I meant that Ben should do this after the season in hopes that the FO will use multiple high picks on the OL. OT in first, OG in second I would hope.

Honestly, I think he will tell the FO that he needs more protection. Only we'll never know because the Steelers will make sure it's a closed door meeting where the contents of the conversation won't be spoken of outside of the closed doors.

Ben's never going to come out publicly and say anything negative about a teammate, and the Steelers won't let it out if he says something in private. Part of it is Ben's image rehabilitation, the other part being that if Ben said something publicly...he could lose the respect he's earned back in the locker room.

steeldevil
10-02-2011, 04:32 PM
Honestly, I think he will tell the FO that he needs more protection. Only we'll never know because the Steelers will make sure it's a closed door meeting where the contents of the conversation won't be spoken of outside of the closed doors.

Ben's never going to come out publicly and say anything negative about a teammate, and the Steelers won't let it out if he says something in private. Part of it is Ben's image rehabilitation, the other part being that if Ben said something publicly...he could lose the respect he's earned back in the locker room.

Yeah nothing public of course. Just a private meeting that nothing said leaves the room.

So yeah we won't know about it. Maybe Ben has already done it?

Who knows LOL.

Just hope we draft some high round OL next year. I know Best Player Available is what we do and that is the best way to do it, but not with this big of a glaring need...

The Duke
10-02-2011, 05:09 PM

I'd do it

problems on D are much smaller than the problems on the oline. Worilds wouldn't be much worse than him

Count Steeler
10-02-2011, 05:12 PM

I agree 100%. The only thing I am thinking is that the O Line looks impressive in practice because they are playing against our less than stellar D Line/LB combo. I think the tapes from Indy and today speak volumes about how porous our line is. Oh well, what can we do?

X-Terminator
10-02-2011, 05:30 PM
I agree 100%. The only thing I am thinking is that the O Line looks impressive in practice because they are playing against our less than stellar D Line/LB combo. I think the tapes from Indy and today speak volumes about how porous our line is. Oh well, what can we do?

At this point, there really isn't much more that can be said. The OL is what it is, and it isn't going to get fixed...if it does...until the offseason. Until then, we have to hope that Ben doesn't get seriously hurt.

dislocatedday
10-02-2011, 05:46 PM
I think they are going to have to look at spending some money next year on offensive lineman free agents from other teams. I know that is not the Steelers way, but I don't think they can fix the o-line just with next year's draft. They also need to look at drafting a 3-4 nose tackle as well. Casey Hampton, who has had a stellar career, is not the player he once was anymore. Hopefully Heyward and Ziggy can anchor the ends for years to come. The Steelers should have some money available to spend, as I suspect the following players are in their last year: Hines, Aaron Smith, James Farrior, Casey Hampton. I'd say go ahead and get rid of Kemoeatu as well as he makes more money than his production warrants. I reallize the Steelers will also have to spend significant money to sign Mike Wallace long term (...and they must keep him...). In hindsight, I wish the Steelers gave Wallace the $10 million/year this past offseason instead of Woodley. Wallace in undeniably a great player.......Woodley, I still have doubts about his real worth.

O'Malley
10-02-2011, 05:56 PM

Who cares, does it make Ben all the sudden 100%?

stillers4me
10-02-2011, 06:15 PM
ON the bright side, if things get any worse, we can enter the Suck for Luck sweepstakes, draft a fresh QB, and see if our o line can kill 2 in a row. :chuckle:

Ok... so that's not that funny.

BlastFurnace
10-02-2011, 06:21 PM
ON the bright side, if things get any worse, we can enter the Suck for Luck sweepstakes, draft a fresh QB, and see if our o line can kill 2 in a row. :chuckle:

Ok... so that's not that funny.

They will probably take a linebacker if they had the 1st pick with the vision that he will start in 2016

Nadroj 20
10-02-2011, 07:12 PM
We need to make some kind of move now because this team can still clearly be good. Worse online in football and you only lose a game 17-10? They have the talent to be great offensively its just the line SUCKS.

Make some kind of move to get at least ONE other good linemen and try to make something out of this season still because I know we can be successful!

86WARD
10-02-2011, 07:28 PM
Not surprised at all. During the game I said he might not make it to the Tennessee game...lol.

steelerrob
10-03-2011, 01:31 AM
I think they are going to have to look at spending some money next year on offensive lineman free agents from other teams. I know that is not the Steelers way, but I don't think they can fix the o-line just with next year's draft.

This to the power of 10.

I'd say go ahead and get rid of Kemoeatu as well as he makes more money than his production warrants.

This too. It seems the only time Kemoeatu IS productive is when he's angry, and that's when he gives away dumb penalties like diving too late on the pile.....

Austin87
10-03-2011, 04:51 AM
I think they are going to have to look at spending some money next year on offensive lineman free agents from other teams. I know that is not the Steelers way, but I don't think they can fix the o-line just with next year's draft. They also need to look at drafting a 3-4 nose tackle as well. Casey Hampton, who has had a stellar career, is not the player he once was anymore. Hopefully Heyward and Ziggy can anchor the ends for years to come. The Steelers should have some money available to spend, as I suspect the following players are in their last year: Hines, Aaron Smith, James Farrior, Casey Hampton. I'd say go ahead and get rid of Kemoeatu as well as he makes more money than his production warrants. I reallize the Steelers will also have to spend significant money to sign Mike Wallace long term (...and they must keep him...). In hindsight, I wish the Steelers gave Wallace the $10 million/year this past offseason instead of Woodley. Wallace in undeniably a great player.......Woodley, I still have doubts about his real worth.

Good post

zulater
10-03-2011, 05:12 AM

That would make sense, and they certainly should, but I wont hold my breath waiting for it to happen. The Steelers are too entrenched in the "Steelers way" to ever vary from the formula, even if a complete derailment seems to be imminent.

steel striker
10-03-2011, 09:50 AM
Not surprised at all and, we knew this was coming. O-line has been bad since 2006 as far as I'm concerned and, what is it going to take to finally get this o-line problem addressed? Ben is running for his life and, we almost lost him for the season again this week.

Spike
10-03-2011, 02:37 PM
At this point, there really isn't much more that can be said. The OL is what it is, and it isn't going to get fixed...if it does...until the offseason. Until then, we have to hope that Ben doesn't get seriously hurt.

Bullcrap - the Steelers said many times in public that money was no object to them signing Flo when Colon went down - they are just being stubborn and arrogant.

This is desperation time...you do what you have to do to save your $100M franchise QB.