PDA

View Full Version : Today's matchup a barometer for both Steelers and Texans

stillers4me
10-02-2011, 07:44 AM
They have arguably the best receiver on the planet. They have the NFL's reigning rushing leader. They have a quarterback who led the league in passing yards two seasons ago.

They have a defensive front seven stocked with high draft picks. They have a revamped secondary after finishing last in the league in pass defense last season.

Just as significant as the Houston Texans' push toward their first playoff berth is what they don't have: Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts standing in their way.............

Read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_759815.html

Count Steeler
10-02-2011, 07:53 AM
We are 4 games into the season, in which we have been less than stellar. Very important team game today. We will need a total team effort to beat the Texans. I think Houston is a legitimate contender for the playoffs and beyond this year. It's a good test for our defense and our offense. I hope we are ready.

SteelerFanInStl
10-02-2011, 09:30 AM
Their defense still isn't very good but their offense is outstanding. We'll be able to move the ball on them. I think that as long as our offense keeps away from the turnovers we can win.

Edman
10-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Well, I took at look at the barometer today.

The Steelers are a worse team than I could've imagined. Like 2003 bad.

The Offense may as well trot out Ben, the Recievers, and the backs on the field against Defenses from now on. Just 5-6 guys against 11. It won't make much of a difference. The O-Line is so damn shitty it may as well not be on the field. Making the most mediocre of Defenses look dominant every week.

People say 2008 Line had bad performances like against the Eagles, but they were never this so consistently awful every week. This team isn't going anywhere this year. The O-Line is just so atrocious.

X-Terminator
10-02-2011, 03:06 PM
The only silver lining right now is that the Steelers have 3 of their road games out of the way early. Other than that, there really isn't much positive to look at. This team isn't very good on defense and the OL is going to get Ben killed.

BlastFurnace
10-02-2011, 03:08 PM
The only silver lining right now is that the Steelers have 3 of their road games out of the way early. Other than that, there really isn't much positive to look at. This team isn't very good on defense and the OL is going to get Ben killed.

Chris Johnson should go for 200 against this bunch next week.

Edman
10-02-2011, 03:10 PM
Chris Johnson should go for 200 against this bunch next week.

And the Titans Defense will look like the 2000 Ravens next week too.

salamander
10-02-2011, 03:11 PM
And the Titans Defense will look like the 2000 Ravens next week too.

At this rate, every team we play will look like that.

Godfather
10-02-2011, 03:15 PM
The secondary hasn't been bad but our front seven has pretty much been on a milk carton. It's not good when Ryan Clark is making most of the tackles in the first half.

salamander
10-02-2011, 03:20 PM
The secondary hasn't been bad but our front seven has pretty much been on a milk carton. It's not good when Ryan Clark is making most of the tackles in the first half.

Who woulda thunk it?

SteelerFanInStl
10-02-2011, 03:54 PM

Well, McFadden hasn't been playing. :lol:

BlastFurnace
10-02-2011, 04:20 PM

Let's be honest, LeBeau's defense no longer pressures the QB at all. It's a combination of the players being old and the players being too one dimensional. Does Woodley have any other move than the Bull Rush? I don't care what stats are pulled out of the hat for Timmons, but he's been invisible. Farrior is too old, as is Foote. Harrison, IMO, is still hurting.

The D'line of Smith, Hampton, and Keisel are finished...and add Hoke to that list too.

A QB has time for a picnic when passing when playing the Steelers.

Edman
10-02-2011, 04:51 PM
The reason people have caught on to the Defense is aging players and opposing offenses catching onto Lebeau's scheme. Though most teams have caught on to it for a while now. This is merely the bottom falling out.

Count Steeler
10-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Who woulda thunk it?

Coach Lake is rubbing off.