PDA

View Full Version : Steelers take big-picture view when using Mendenhall

stillers4me
10-02-2011, 07:43 AM
Rashard Mendenhall is averaging 16.3 carries per game -- about four fewer than last season -- and it is no certainty that his workload is going to increase today.

The Steelers are taking a big-picture view in regards to how they use Mendenhall, and that hasn't changed even though they know they need to get their feature back going.

"We've tried to limit his carries so that he will be healthy down the line," offensive coordinator Bruce Arians said. "If he had 200 carries and 450 yards already, everybody would say, 'Well, you're running him too much.' "

Arians said he'd like to get backup Isaac Redman more carries, but those aren't likely to come at the expense of Mendenhall in goal-line situations............

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_759817.html

Count Steeler
10-02-2011, 07:49 AM
Hope he gets rid of his twinkle toes style that he seemed to find in the off season, hit the hole hard and fall forward.

Get your head right Mendy.

86WARD
10-02-2011, 08:54 AM
I think that's coming from the shotty line play. I feel like he's no confident in the OLine. He's running like he's not trusting them. Not trusting the holes or lanes to be there when he runs.