PDA

View Full Version : Steelers RB Moore gets more from less than most

stillers4me
10-01-2011, 08:58 AM
The Steelers signed running back Mewelde Moore almost as an afterthought this summer. Third-string running backs and special teams players don't command much attention in the free-agent market, and Moore was no exception.

He signed his new contract three days into training camp, well after the Steelers had their priority free agents under contract. They know they are getting plenty of bang for their buck with Moore.

For someone who isn't a major part of the game plan from week to week, Moore always seems to make impact plays when his teammates need him most..........

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11274/1179057-66.stm

ALLD
10-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Probably the best FA pick up after Farrior. The guy is clutch and doesn't have an attitude.

steelerdiva
10-01-2011, 10:11 AM
I hope they use MeMo and Redman a little more tomorrow.

Godfather
10-01-2011, 04:56 PM
I like MeMo because he and I both went to Tulane.

zulater
10-01-2011, 04:59 PM
I got it on good authority that the Steelers are going to sign Tiki Barber to take MeMo's place.

:wink02: :chuckle:

fansince'76
10-01-2011, 05:00 PM
I like MeMo because he and I both went to Tulane.

Is that you, UFN? :lol:

Godfather
10-02-2011, 04:21 PM
Is that you, UFN? :lol:

Unfortunately I don't know who UFN is so the joke went over my head...

MeMo was good. He isn't really on the radar screen as a Tulane guy because he came after Shaun King and before Matt Forte. But he was one of the stars of the Hawaii Bowl team in 2002.

X-Terminator
10-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Unfortunately I don't know who UFN is so the joke went over my head...

MeMo was good. He isn't really on the radar screen as a Tulane guy because he came after Shaun King and before Matt Forte. But he was one of the stars of the Hawaii Bowl team in 2002.

You don't remember UltimateFootballNetwork, aka "Ultimate Fuck Nuckle" from SF? He talked up Moore being the starter a couple years ago over Mendy simply because he went to Tulane, and said Mendy didn't have what it takes to be a starter. Funny how we're questioning the latter right now.

Godfather
10-02-2011, 05:09 PM
You don't remember UltimateFootballNetwork, aka "Ultimate Fuck Nuckle" from SF? He talked up Moore being the starter a couple years ago over Mendy simply because he went to Tulane, and said Mendy didn't have what it takes to be a starter. Funny how we're questioning the latter right now.

Hmmmm, that kind of rings a bell but I don't remember that guy all that much.

I don't think MeMo is an every down back but I would like to see the starting job basically split between MeMo and Redman.