PDA

View Full Version : Steelers TE Miller attempts to boost offense

stillers4me
10-01-2011, 08:55 AM
The role of an NFL tight end continues to evolve, as increasingly complex offenses demand a more versatile athlete with equally adept blocking skills and pass-catching abilities.

There are few Kellen Winslows — gifted tight ends with remarkable hands and run-blocking skills. There are fewer John Mackeys — strong, fast tight ends who bore through defenders without flinching.

Heath Miller, the Steelers' steady yet hardly flashy tight end, is neither Winslow nor Mackey. But he is reliable and efficient. Miller, said quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, "is my comfort blanket."................

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_759665.html

ALLD
10-01-2011, 09:07 AM
Best TE since Bennie Cunningham.

siss
10-01-2011, 10:06 AM
*sniff sniff wipes tear* Its so beautiful that at 29 years old our franchise QB still needs his binkie Heath!

Someone needs to photoshop that!

shutdown
10-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Hopefully he blocks better than he did last week. He was struggling.

SteelerFanInStl
10-01-2011, 10:53 AM
Hopefully he blocks better than he did last week. He was struggling.

I agree. He wasn't doing a very good job last week.

zulater
10-01-2011, 11:09 AM
I agree. He wasn't doing a very good job last week.

On some run blocks yes. He whiffed on a couple blocks in space. But pass blocking he did well. Two plays in particular he stood out by blocking Freeney with no help, and getting the job done. He also took out Mathis on one play really well. But for whatever reason he struggled getting out to the second level to make blocks against the Colts. But he wasn't alone, Pouncey and David Johnson also had multiple missed blocks out in space. The Steelers seemingly didn't have the Colts linebackers speed figured out.

SteelerFanInStl
10-01-2011, 12:59 PM
On some run blocks yes. He whiffed on a couple blocks in space. But pass blocking he did well. Two plays in particular he stood out by blocking Freeney with no help, and getting the job done. He also took out Mathis on one play really well. But for whatever reason he struggled getting out to the second level to make blocks against the Colts. But he wasn't alone, Pouncey and David Johnson also had multiple missed blocks out in space. The Steelers seemingly didn't have the Colts linebackers speed figured out.

I agree. I think more than anything, we expect a lot from Heath. I'm not used to seeing him whiff on blocks.

The Duke
10-01-2011, 01:27 PM
I agree. I think more than anything, we expect a lot from Heath. I'm not used to seeing him whiff on blocks.

Agree. After all he's our second best lineman :nod:

steel striker
10-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Heath usually is a very good blocker he does not have many off games. I expect him to have a good game this week.

Steeldude
10-01-2011, 03:38 PM
too bad they don't run more plays to miller

Count Steeler
10-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Too bad he has to stay in to block more often. Great O Line.

SteelerEmpire
10-01-2011, 08:31 PM
Actually it was David Johnson that was horrible at blocking at the Colts...

salamander
10-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Heeeeeeathh.

tube517
10-01-2011, 10:07 PM
A complete TE. I'll excuse that he (along with Farrior) are Wahoos. :chuckle: