PDA

View Full Version : How Are the Pittsburgh Steelers #1 in Pass Defense?

stillers4me
09-29-2011, 05:29 AM
The talk of the past week has been how awful the offensive line has been and how that has translated into a non-existant running game and Ben Roethlisberger stumbling and fumbling (literally) for his life. But what many are not talking about is how the defense has become uncharacteristically #1 in the league against the pass. But before you begin to pick up your jaw and do a dance of praise to the football gods, let’s venture as to why this is. The findings are a little unsettling.............

read more @ http://nicepickcowher.com/2011/09/28/how-are-the-pittsburgh-steelers-1-in-pass-defense/#more-9971

zulater
09-29-2011, 07:58 AM
Four words can explain this. Taveras Jackson, Kerry Collins. Shaub will light them up.

polamalubeast
09-29-2011, 08:03 AM
I can not believe that the world is surprised that the Steelers No. 1 against the pass with the bad QB the Steelers have faced since 2 weeks.

86WARD
09-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Garbage. They'll get passed on Sunday. Not sure about torched, but it could be bad.

tube517
09-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Because their run defense sucks. Don't need to pass on them right now.

SteelerFanInStl
09-29-2011, 09:42 AM
Four words can explain this. Taveras Jackson, Kerry Collins. Shaub will light them up.

Agreed. And the Texans also have a very good running game. The defense is really gonna have to step up this week for us to have a chance to win.

O'Malley
09-29-2011, 10:18 AM
I think it's because they have not been blitzing every play... But what do I know, I'm the only one how dosen't think the sky is falling... It's week 4, there was a lockout and half the players are not in playing shape... Mostly because they're older and they can't just run out there and be in game shape(like many of the younger teams in the league)... Come week 6-7 they'll be in shape and everything will be clicking... Then everybody will praise BA,BR,MT...... But what do I know?

Edman
09-29-2011, 10:22 AM
Matt Schaub will expose the Steelers Pass Defense Sunday.

suitanim
09-29-2011, 10:25 AM
They are #1 against the pass because they have the secret weapon, William Gay!

SteelMember
09-29-2011, 10:35 AM

Gay basher!

:nervous:

suitanim
09-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Fear the Gay!

Gayophobia!

BigNastyDefense
09-29-2011, 02:39 PM
I think part of it is because instead of sending five guys at the QB every play, we're putting more guys into coverage giving the QB fewer spots to throw to.

Also, with the turnovers against Baltimore and Indianapolis, the scoring drives weren't long 80+ yard drives, they were shorter fields.

It also helps that we played the Seagulls week two, and they have possibly the worst quarterback in the NFL.

steel striker
09-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Yeah I agree this week will be a big test to see how good this defense is. To me it all goes back to Harrison & Woodley can they get enough pressure to rattle Matt Schaub? Plus not to mention can the o-line protect Ben? Many questions will be answered on Sunday.

Count Steeler
09-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Time to dial up some pressure. Troy was finally let loose in Indy. Time to let the hounds loose. Smith might need more time to get fully into game shape, but Hood and Heyward should get more reps. Hope Keisel can play as well.

The defense is ready to make some plays and they are well overdue. The Texans are an honest test of where we stand on D.

Our offense would be fine as well, were it not for 4/5 of the O Line. Step up or get out.

salamander
09-29-2011, 04:33 PM
Matt Shaub will have something to say about this on Sunday.

zulater
09-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Fear the Gay!

Gayophobia!

I wish Gay would join the military.

SteelerEmpire
09-29-2011, 10:58 PM
Agreed. And the Texans also have a very good running game. The defense is really gonna have to step up this week for us to have a chance to win.

The D has been pretty good the last "3" games... it's the offense (via the turnovers) that has been giving the opponent a short field !

Shoes
09-29-2011, 11:26 PM

:chuckle:

SteelerFanInStl
09-30-2011, 09:35 AM
The D has been pretty good the last "3" games... it's the offense (via the turnovers) that has been giving the opponent a short field !

Who said anything about the last 3 games? I'm talking about this week against Houston. The D has to step up big time this week or Houston will go up and down the field. They're a very dangerous offense, both on the ground and through the air.

polamalubeast
09-30-2011, 09:55 AM

The Steelers' defense also need be better.Creating Only one turnovers in 3 games is not acceptable.

4 of 5 players of the Steelers who wins the more money is in defense.