PDA

View Full Version : Nobody is laughing at Steelers' Wallace now

stillers4me
09-27-2011, 06:58 AM
Don't you know, I'm a 2000 man, and my kids, they just don't understand me at all."

INDIANAPOLIS — Those lyrics for the classic "2000 Man," originally conceived by the Rolling Stones, famously covered by Kiss, might as well be pinned above Mike Wallace's stall in the Steelers' locker room.
He set his goal to be a 2,000-yard wide receiver this season.

And nobody seemed to grasp that the man was serious.

"Ha!" Wallace said after his seven catches spurred the 23-20 victory Sunday night over the Indianapolis Colts. "Doesn't seem like a joke anymore, does it?"................

read more @ http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_758856.html

O'Malley
09-27-2011, 12:49 PM
Anybody know about Mike Wallace and his cartilage injury? This is all the info I could get..

BigNastyDefense
09-27-2011, 01:11 PM
While I don't think he'll reach 2000 yards this season (it would be nice though), he's going to have a ton of yards as long as Ben doesn't get killed behind our putrid offensive line.

SteelerEmpire
09-27-2011, 09:14 PM
Wes Welker has about 70 more yds than Wallace, but he also has twice as many receptions than Wallace. I say Welker gets an injury (because he's being worked too much) here before too long.

GBMelBlount
09-27-2011, 09:52 PM
I love that this is simply a statement from wallace, a true belief and not simply an arrogant boast.

The first time I read this I was excited for him.

Just give him a few more throws per game...deep.