PDA

View Full Version : Week 4:Houston Texans(2-1)

polamalubeast
09-26-2011, 09:23 PM
A game that will be difficult, but it is not impossible that the Steelers win this game. Remember last year they had an ugly win against the bills and they won against the Ravens next week.

The Texans have perhaps the most balanced offense the NFL.Very good for the pass, very good for running. The Steelers will need to create turnovers. On offense, they will stop making turnovers. And I hope that the o-line will have a better game!

I think if the Steelers win, the confidence level will rise in the forum!

Randy06
09-26-2011, 09:40 PM
Agreed, and they are a team looking for that signature win, it didnt come last week and lets hope it doesnt come this week.

Nadroj 20
09-26-2011, 09:42 PM
I hate to be a downer but we can't win playing like we did last night. Have to take care of the ball and capitalize in the redzone and we should be fine.

The Duke
09-26-2011, 09:45 PM
Everyone is down on this team. I expect them to surprise the texans

experience will trump their potential

steelpride12
09-26-2011, 09:51 PM
Shaub is not a good passer when he is being blitzed. Get after him force him to the outside and he will make bad decisions. plus if Foster is still out they will be forced to pass.

JayC
09-26-2011, 09:56 PM
not expecting a win this week. i hope they prove me wrong! im expecting a double digit loss 30-17 or something. hopefully ike can mostly shut down andre johnson to give us a chance. he's the best in the game in my opinion so it will be a huge task.

86WARD
09-26-2011, 10:09 PM
I hate to be a downer but we can't win playing like we did last night. Have to take care of the ball and capitalize in the redzone and we should be fine.

It will be UGH-LEE if the Steelers from last night show up in Houston. UGHHHHH-LEEEEEEEE. Week One ugly!

Moose
09-26-2011, 10:22 PM
I agree 100% Polamalubeast, a win against Houston would definitely jack up the confidence in the forum big time. I know it would pump mine up. I just haven't felt anything good for this team so far. It's like Baltimore took all the wind out of their sails before they even hit water. I thought the past few weeks that the Houston game was going to tell alot of this team and their season. I was hoping they would have made a statement in the 1st game against Baltimore, but I'll give the ratbirds credit of coming out and wanting it more and playing harder. That was just a good 'ole ass whoppin. I was hoping that would have woke them up....put some fire under them and they would have kicked ass from there on out. Well, yea, we came back and beat Seattle, but not as we should have, and then Indy rode us till the final seconds and we escaped with a win....barely. Houston beat Indy handedly as they should have.....they beat Miami handedly .... as they should have. Then they played New Orleans and lost...scoring 33 pts. Hard to score 33 pts and still lose the game. You know they are going to have an attitude. They will be in their house. If our team doesn't go in there 'fired-up' wanting to get some revenge for the near loss at Indy then JayC you are going to be right....it will be Baltimore ugly. But I'm still expecting a 'break-out' game for our team, and Duke you could be right also. This would be a perfect game to do it. Playing a better team than the past few weeks, at their house, it has the making.....but then it has the making to go the other way too. I do believe our coaches will be riding them hard this week, I think it's the injury list that will play a factor. We definitely need something to stop that offensive line 'turnstyle' and give Ben some protection. Predict score ? LMAO.

Edman
09-26-2011, 10:49 PM
I don't have much confidence in the Steelers chances against anyone as long as they have that Offensive Line and Ben. The O-Line is awful, but Ben has had a hard time taking care of the football as of late. Turnovers have been a disease since XLV, and it's hard to get rid of them. They're going up against a hungry Texans team looking for a signature win at home. Houston smells blood and they want it bad against the limping defending AFC Champions. I'd be very upset, but not surprised if the Texans embarrass the Steelers to an extent Sunday. I don't see any fire in this year's team to match Houston's intensity at home.

steeldevil
09-26-2011, 11:41 PM
Shaub is not a good passer when he is being blitzed. Get after him force him to the outside and he will make bad decisions. plus if Foster is still out they will be forced to pass.

Ben Tate has been one of the top rushers in the league my man. They aint hurting in the running department.

BigNastyDefense
09-26-2011, 11:51 PM
Mario Williams was injured against the Saints and might not be 100% for this game, so we have that on our side.

The Steelers can win this game. Ben has to get the ball out of his hands faster, and we need to run the no huddle.

The person that scares me the most on their offense is Andre Johnson. If they just throw it up in bounds, AJ comes down with it. But if we blitz Shuab (yeah, blitzing, something the Steelers forgot to do until yesterday when they started sending Polamalu), he'll make mistakes because he doesn't do all that well under pressure.

The Steelers can damn sure come out of this game with a win. I have faith in this team. They kind of remind me of 2008....we had a lot of ugly games that year.

polamalubeast
09-27-2011, 12:01 AM
Texans is 27th against the run(4.7 per carry....colts 3.3 per carry)

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/htx/2011.htm

polamalubeast
09-27-2011, 12:14 AM
The Steelers defense have only one turnovers.The battle of the turnovers will be very important.The Steelers need to create turnovers.

The run game can not be worse than the game against the Colts.But were the number of big play that will be important to the offense and also, it must protect the ball!

His was a blowout against the Colts if the Steelers would not have made ​​3 turnorvers

I hope that after this game we can say it's the same old Texan!

Merchant
09-27-2011, 12:33 AM
I'm really worried about the Jonathan Scott/Mario Williams match-up. Williams is just as good as Freeney and is going to cause problems if Scott plays like that again. And if that ends up badly again.. just imagine the Scott/Demarcus Ware matchup :|

BigNastyDefense
09-27-2011, 12:37 AM
I'm really worried about the Jonathan Scott/Mario Williams match-up. Williams is just as good as Freeney and is going to cause problems if Scott plays like that again. And if that ends up badly again.. just imagine the Scott/Demarcus Ware matchup :|

Mario Williams had his knee injured in Sunday's game. His leg was rolled up on, so he might not be 100%. His strength is in his legs, and if he isn't 100% then Scott (or whoever plays LT because Scott was carted off with an ankle injury) should have an easier time.

polamalubeast
09-27-2011, 12:39 AM

If I reminds me, Williams had hurt the shoulder of Roethlisberger in 2008.

Roethlisberger was not playing well for the next two months after.

oneforthetoe
09-27-2011, 12:53 AM

I am as well, but the Colts present a unique problem when it comes to pass protection. They can come from both sides with pressure constantly, while playing a pretty vanilla defense (Tampa 2). Short of some line stunts, I thought the Colts played pretty straight up.

Most teams are either good from one side or the other, or do a lot of overloading to one side and fancy scheming. This allows the offense to slide protection to one side or the other (assuming they can diagnose it) and, as we sometimes find out with are own defense, this can open up opportunities if the rush does not get there in time, or you have a qb with nine lives.

I'm not that familiar with the rest of the Texans' pass rushers, but I am sure we will be giving help to whomever has Mario.

X-Terminator
09-27-2011, 01:30 AM
This one could be ugly, boys and girls.

suitanim
09-27-2011, 05:21 AM
The Steelers often play down to the level of their opponent. But I am worried about the OL.....

Austin87
09-28-2011, 03:20 AM
To be honest, I'm not really looking forward to this game.