PDA

View Full Version : Here's a statistic that might surprise a lot of us...

Psycho Ward 86
09-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Ok, ok, it's only been 3 games and 2 of which were against questionable teams, but the Steelers are currently:

1st in pass defense with 164 YPG allowed
2nd in total defense with 263.3 YPG allowed

http://www.nfl.com/stats/team

hope we can keep it up...

polamalubeast
09-26-2011, 04:40 PM
3 reasons

Kerry Collins,Curtis Painter,Tavaris Jackson

tube517
09-26-2011, 05:06 PM
3 reasons

Kerry Collins,Curtis Painter,Tavaris Jackson

:rofl2:

Count Steeler
09-26-2011, 06:15 PM
Not bad, considering we gave up a lot of yards to the Ratbirds.

steeldevil
09-26-2011, 06:24 PM
I'll be impressed if we still have the same standings in those stats after playing the Texans. Right now its too early to look at those kinds of things, especially after playing 2 teams with subpar QBs.

The Duke
09-26-2011, 06:28 PM
really doesn't surprise me. They haven't been playing bad, even the ravens game wasn't that bad. 7 turnovers was the real key that day

they are not as good as #1 right now, but not too far off

Edman
09-26-2011, 06:44 PM
Defense is not a concern. They did what they were supposed to do. Not let the game get away from them.

Considering how bad the Steelers Offense was last night, the Defense was alright. Could they do a few things better? Of course, but they carried the game last night, like they usually do.

The big concern is the Turnovers. The eleven guys on the opposite side of the defense handed Indy lots of freebies.

SteelerEmpire
09-26-2011, 06:51 PM
Ok, ok, it's only been 3 games and 2 of which were against questionable teams, but the Steelers are currently:

I noticed that last year we actually became the #1 pass defense if you measure AFTER the Patriots game. I believe that's one reason why LeBeau kept Gay and McFadden. It looks like were doing it again this year.

tube517
09-26-2011, 07:28 PM
I noticed that last year we actually became the #1 pass defense if you measure AFTER the Patriots game. I believe that's one reason why LeBeau kept Gay and McFadden. It looks like were doing it again this year.

Which meant nothing in the Super Bowl. I'd rather be decent and play well in the playoffs than being "#1" and getting torched in the playoffs.

SteelerEmpire
09-26-2011, 07:40 PM
The Bengals are #3 in total defense... if that sets a perspective... ;)

Psycho Ward 86
09-26-2011, 07:43 PM
The Bengals are #3 in total defense... if that sets a perspective... ;)

it doesnt. Honestly, theyre playing good defense, regardless of the level of competition. And especially considering all of the turnovers theyre commiting offensively.

BlastFurnace
09-26-2011, 08:33 PM

I have a feeling that their ranking will change after next Sunday. Schaub will find William Gay.

BlastFurnace
09-26-2011, 08:34 PM
Which meant nothing in the Super Bowl. I'd rather be decent and play well in the playoffs than being "#1" and getting torched in the playoffs.

Agree. I don't care what the Steelers are ranked on defense. What I want to know is how many points they give up. That's the real story.